Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Dead Leaves and Squished Candy Corn

[No additional description provided.]

Dead Leaves and waxy sweet pumpkin spice. I really don't get candy corn per se from this but its' a very Fall blend - pumpkin spice, dead leaves, sugary. Medium throw and wear length.

It's been so long since I've had candy corn (squished or otherwise) that I don't remember what it smells like. When I was a kid I would smoosh them on my canines like vampire fangs, then spit them out when they started to dissolve.

Wet, this smells more buttery and sugary than dead-leavey. I agree there's some wax in there. It morphs dramatically on my skin to somewhat bitter, earthy dead leaves and caramel, with maybe some dry pumpkin spice blend in the background.

Edit: dries down to a light, pleasant dead leaves and buttery caramel with low throw.

Edited by bheansidhe

I keep on trying the Dead Leaves and there hasn't really been a strong winner for me, until now.

This is sooo good. I definitely get a more buttery smell with it. It tends to smell a little like butterscotch after a while, so fun! At times it's so sugary but not in the traditional sense.... Almost spicy sweet. The waxy smell is there but it's hardly noticeable on me.

Very nice for this time of the year and it will get a lot of use.

I get a similar waxy, perfumey, burnt brown sugar thing that I got from Last Year's Stale Candy Corn, with a hint of lemon and a cinnamon note that amps up on me in the drydown. Weirdly, I'm not getting the dead leaves part at all. I would have thought this was one of the pumpkin blends.

Wet: Dead leaves and... candle wax?

Dry: Dead leaves and... buttered candle wax?

Whatever is actually in here, doesn't seem to work for my skin. It's a bit masculine for my taste, as well. ;)

Edited by donkehpoo

This was a very woodsy scent for me with equal amounts of spice. I wanted more of a candy corn (honey and sugar) scent, but on me it smelled like leaves and pumpkin spice. Decent throw and staying power though.

Hard to describe, so the accurate descriptions above are very useful. Kind of waxy, kind of buttery, spicy, woodsy, a hint of citrus, etc.

My mom says "smells nice, not 'musky' like the other ones", lol, referring to the more gothic scents. Very appropriate for a child, which is fitting.

Edited by evil_laugher