Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
fenharel

Dead Leaves and Pink Peppercorn

[No additional description provided.]

this is my favorite out of the three DL scents I got. The pink peppercorn in it is similar to the one in Fake News. it has that tickle-your-nose, sweet-but-spicy quality to it. Combined with the DL note, it is truly lovely and innately autumnal. A relatively simple scent, only two notes, that does not morph or change on the skin. Beautiful on it's own but I'm very much looking forward to layering it.

I loved the pink pepper note in Fake News (along with everything else about Fake News), so I was eager to give this version of the dead leaves a try. It's sweeter in the bottle than the other dead leaf scents, but that weirdly green, aquatic, cologne-like element of the dead leaf note is still there. I'm not sure if the dead leaf note is morphing a lot on me or if my skin really amps the pink pepper, but this really warms up on me after applying. There's the same spicy-sweet pink pepper from Fake News, with a drier, much less cologne-y version of the dead leaves hanging around in the background. While I wish it lasted a bit longer (it mostly fades on me halfway through the day), I really love this and am glad I sprung for a blind bottle.

Slightly spicy with dead leaves, and a green aquatic overlay. Agreed that this is the same spicy-sweet peppercorn in Fake News. Much more wearable than anticipated. Medium throw and wear length.

I have a new obsession with pink peppercorn, so I had to try this, even though you never know which dead leaves you're going to get...

Wet: I identify this as the "cologne" dead leaves scent. For reference, it was in Dead Leaves and Sugared Cardamom. I can smell the pink peppercorn - it's such a neat note. Combined here though, it smells exactly like a craft store, for some reason - Michael's, to be exact. That's not bad, I always rather like the way Michael's smells, but I don't really want to smell like it.

Dry: Once dry it doesn't smell like Michael's anymore. It actually reminds me quite a bit of what I remember Dead Leaves and Sugared Cardamom to have been like - spice plus cologney slightly aquatic dead leaves. It's actually quite a pleasant smell. Unisex. Sort of a spice-clean scent. I do like it, but I can't see wearing it. I think it reminds me a bit of Pageant Queen, too? That commercial sort of feel? I could be crazy. Either way, good, but not for me.

In the bottle: The 2 notes!

Wet: The loud pink peppercorns are right on top of the dead leaves.

The dry-down: The dead leaves aren't crunchy and brown; they've just detached from a branch and floated to earth. Then someone spilt pink pepper everywhere, so it's sweet in a somewhat fresh fashion. :) I could see wearing this in the spring as well.

Not having tried Fake News, I can compare this to the pink pepper note in the Good Omens series of Pepper, the one girl in the gang called Them. I like that note, but the pink peppercorn note here is sweeter and fresher.

This scent needs more love!