Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin spice them carnies!

This is warm, pumpkin spice, with a hint of cardamom, nutmeg and cinnamon with SNAKE OIL!!! :yum: This is a double bottle for sure and I believe it will age beautifully! :wub2:

In the bottle and wet on my skin it's mostly straight up fresh Snake Oil. As it dries, the spices start to come out to play. Even at full dry-down, the SO overpowers most everything else. HOWEVER, I know the importance of aging SO, and my bottle of Gingerbread Snake from4 years ago started off very much like this- I've no doubt that given some aging, this scent will be a classic in its own right, eventually. :)

This one was an instant no-need-to-think-about purchase! I love anything with Snake Oil... and this... yes!!

Sniffing in the bottle, yep... there is S.O. I smell *something* a little spicy there.

On skin, I get the S.O. and the pumpkin spice emerges!! This smells real good!

Dry down, I still get the S.O. but there is something...grainy about it... like grains. It isn't super strong, but it is there... odd. Not getting any pumpkin out of this but maybe this needs to age for a bit. :)

This is a sweet, comforting scent. Somehow the notes have combined to give me a hint of chocolate. Unlike other snake oil blends, this one doesn't read as sexy to me; it's more like eating from a plate of muffins while wearing a big fluffy sweater. I'd been a little wary about the pumpkin note because Jack was way too much for me, but the scents seem to balance each other well here. It'll be a good cold weather perfume.

Edited by RobberBaroness

In the bottle: This is predominantly fresh Snake Oil, although I do smell some of the pumpkin spice.

Wet: Okay, I actually am getting more of the pumpkin spice in this on my skin. I applied some Pumpkin Spice Everything hair gloss to my hair before testing it, so I know it's the pumpkin spices (and not just fresh Snake Oil spices) that I'm getting here.

Dry: I actually prefer this to fresh Snake Oil on its own, because that is more musky and medicinal on me, so I usually prefer my Snake Oil aged or with something added to it. With Pumpkin Spice Snake Oil, I got the Snake Oil spices and the pumpkin spices for a while (no actual pumpkin – just the spices, just like in Pumpkin Spice Everything), and the vanilla really shined through in the end, which is something that doesn't normally happen with all Snake Oil plus scents on me.

Verdict: This one is a keeper! I don't think I prefer it over Snakes in the Pumpkin Patch, and I don't feel the need to grab any back-ups, but it's a nice Snake Oil plus blend that I'm glad to have in my collection, and I look forward to seeing how it ages.

Wow. Being a collector of so many types of Snake Oil, I have to say this is gorgeous. Even fresh it’s rich and thick, maybe my favorite Snake, right up there with Temple Viper

I have high hopes for this one. Don't let me down! In the bottle it smells amazing! A slightly warmer and spicily-edible snake oil. It smells a bit foody, but I am hoping that calm down. It smells like a foody snake oil. As someone above mentioned, it's not as sexy as straight-up snake oil, but beautifully warm and cosy. I want to lick my wrist, but I'll refrain.

This one on me was just overly powdery Snake Oil and not much else. I know I could age it but I dont get anything else so its not worth it to me. Sold my bottle.

I see 'Snake Oil' and my reaction is 'shut up and take my money!'

Combine Snake Oil with anything even remotely Halloweenie and I'm all heart-eyes and wiggling with impatience to just sniff and wear and hoard.

This one is fresh Snake Oil in the bottle but the spices aren't shy once we're reached drydown. It's going to be amazing when it's had a couple of years to mature. It's not going to be easy, but I'm going to let my bottle sit in a drawer for perhaps a year or two before I start slathering. I want to get the absolute best out of this little beauty and it goes without saying that it's going to SING given some time.

Someone threw some pumpkin cookies into my Snake Oil. I can see this aging nicely. I think I get more vanilla than anything right now. I don't know that I would recommend this to all Snake Oil fans. I think I would only recommend it to someone who likes sweeter, gourmand blends, as opposed to someone who enjoys the spicier side of Snake Oil.

I had a negatively visceral reaction to this, and I think The Lab's PS note just generally does not agree with my skin.

In the imp, it smells lovely- like a richer version of the Snake Oil i know and love (and I love me some snake oil and all the Snake Pit variations).

On, whoof. When wet, it's a pretty rich Snake Oil. During the dry down and once it's dry though? Nope. It has a latex undertone that reminds me of flavored condoms; like if pumpkin-spiced flavored condoms were a thing, this would definitely be what they'd smell like. The rubbery smell adds to the cloying sweetness that's here. This is not for me.

Off to the swap pile it goes.

In the bottle: It's Snake Oil, but with those pumpkin pie spices added.

Wet: All the sweet spices mingle, floating on top.

The dry-down: Now more Snake Oil than not. Some aging should help. Or adding a drop of Pumpkin Spice Everything. I should note that I'm one of those who prefers aged Snake Oil--it just does better on me.

Here's the thing: Snake Oil is just so delightful that it mixes well with others and pumpkin spice is no exception. This is a spicier Snake Oil on me that somehow manages to smell and feel 'lighter' than it does in its usual incarnation. I imagine this will do well with some aging, and I look forward to pulling out the bottle next fall for some more wear.

Huh. This is probably the first Snake Oil blend that does not go weird on my skin. That said, it also almost smells mostly like Pumpkin Spice. Good throw and wear length.

This is lovely. The pumpkin spice is soft and not harsh. The only thing is that it tends to disappear surprisingly quickly. That should be solved by aging the Snake Oil.

So this bottle ended up at my Decantress' for quite some time, and then sat around waiting to be tested in my own bag log for quite some time, all of which is utterly fine with me, because I don't love fresh Snake Oil nearly so much as aged.

Wet: I was so worried that the spice would be stronger than the S.O., but this is perfect. Very strongly Snake Oil, with mostly cinnamon as the "pumpkin spice". It's amazing. Way better than Saw-Scaled Viper, which was far too much spice, not enough snake on me.

Dry: I ADORE this. I never imagined I might like it EVEN BETTER than regular Snake Oil. But I might. It's glorious with that extra bit of sugary sweetness and that hint of spice. Love it!! I likely need a back-up or 12.

I love Snake Oil and I love pumpkin & spices... but I am on the fence about this blend of them.

Wet in the bottle this smells almost like straight cloves, or slightly sweetened cloves. Wet on my skin it's pure Snake Oil--heady and sweet, spicy with a dark twist.

Dry, it's shifted over the first couple hours of wear. At first it smelled like raw pumpkin flesh--fresh and almost bitter. This threatened to go fully plastic but instead has warmed up to a foody spice blend that has the strong throw of Snake Oil with far less sweet vanilla. I had hoped that this would be a less sweet, more "autumn spice" version of Snake Oil and it really is--but with this much throw it kind of goes too far and smells a lot more like pumpkin spice syrup than I would prefer.

It takes about an hour before it mellows out. The Snake Oil sweetness comes back into it and the blast of cloves backs down, although there is still a hint of plastic close to the skin. I like this stage a lot better--I'm getting more nutmeg and vanilla, Snake Oil with a hint of cozy spices. But it takes time to get here and I can't wait through a Snake Oil-powered cloud of cloves and cinnamon every time ;)

From many of the reviews of Snake Oil and blends that use it, it sounds like letting it age might mellow its rawness and let the spices deepen into the blend. I'm going to set this one aside for a while and try it again! :smilenod:

This is so so good. Ive only now gotten around to testing my bottle I got back in December and I think this little bit of aging was worth it. SO is amazing on me aged but I dont mind it fresh - this is definitely more on the obvs fresh end but the pumpkin spices blend perfectly. The only pumpkin thats ever worked on me is SO in the Pumpkin Patch and while this is quite different on me, I really dig it.

Its kinda like if Devils Night 2009 and Snake Oil has a spicy love child. Very in line with the snake pit oils (which sadly dont work on me aside from the old Habu) but IMO better.

Very happy to have a bottle and age this one up.

Edited by sarandipitee

Hmmmm. I let this age since I got it from the Lab early after release, hoping it would start to mellow... but after testing today, only seven months in, it still isn’t quite where I want it to be. The sharp, acrid note I often get with a super fresh bottle of SO is still very much present. I’m going to put this aside for another couple of years before I even come back to it, tbh, and hope at that point the SO I love will be there accompanying the lovely pumpkin spice notes already shining.

Yep, that's pumpkin spice snake oil all right. And if you like both those things, how could you go wrong? My imp has had a few months to age now, and it's already great. At first, it's predominantly the foodie pumpkin pie spice on me, but as it dries, the Snake Oil emerges, heavy on the vanilla, and it's just delicious, with excellent throw on me. Sweet, cozy, autumnal (I know, it's June, but it was cold and pouring down rain here today!). The Snake Oil eventually subsumes the baking spices, and 12 hours later I'm left with just the ghost of vanilla, so it doesn't have the crazy 24 hour wear Snake Oil does on me, but this is amazing and probably going to get even better.

This is a winning combination! It starts very strong on the pumpkin spice, a heady, blunt instrument of clove and nutmeg. Those spices do settle when drying on my skin, and a warm, languorous vanilla, flavored deeply with spice and musk, comes out.

Edited by mistressfizz

Wet: Pumpkin spice(VERY strong on the spices) and plastic.

Dry: Well. Still no Snake Oil here. This is almost identical to the wet stage, but the plastic scent has almost completely faded out now.

Not a winner for me, unfortunately.

Whenever I smell Pumpkin Spice Snake Oil without the original side-by-side to compare it to, this one just smells like the way Snake Oil should be. Sugared patchouli-vanilla with spices and SPICES. I can smell the cinnamon percolating here, the gothy clove, a sprinkling of earthy nutmeg. But it's still a whole lot of familiar, comfort-fume Snake Oil, aged to a thick and juicy resin. 

In case the thought of the very red-hot-cinnamon of Pumpkin Spice Everything worries you, fear not. The cinnamon here is a whole lot tamer. Maybe it's even Ceylon cinnamon? I'm getting bigtime Satyr vibes from PSSO. The cinnamon really brings out the black/red musk element of the Snake Oil. Together, they are super sexy. Even sexier than Snake Oil's usual vanilla, which is simmering beautifully through this fall iteration, both comforting and complex. It blooms on the skin over time, and my favorite thing is catching whiffs throughout the day of that musky vanilla on my skin when I've forgotten I'm wearing it.

This is fantastic, but it's definitely not for everyone. I feel like if Satyr's cinnamon works for you, this one will too. If you're sensitive to all cinnamon, Pumpkin Spice Snake Oil will probably not be kind to you. Almost every cinnamon except the red-hot Everything kind works for me, so unsurprisingly, PSSO is a hit! I am a huge fan of this for fall and can't wait to pull out my bottle every year. Sometimes I even sneak it onto my skin during other times of the year ;)

I would wear this while: slipping into my favorite cozy cardigan, so that my sleeves can smell like magic for weeks