Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nepthys

Pumpkin Spice Perversion

You dirty bird.

Incredibly sexy and a must-have for any Perversion fans. Everything dark and alluring about Perversion is still here, but it's shot through with bright streaks of the pumpkin spice. In that way, it smells exactly like you'd expect it to - it doesn't become a different creation. Absolutely gorgeous scent for adventurous autumn nights.

In the bottle, this is extremely similar to standard Perversion. But after I skin tested, that's when the magic really happened.

This is Perversion with an autumnal accent. There's a hint of warm spice that complements the original blend really nicely.

For those worrying that the pumpkin spice will be overpowering -- it's not.

This blend is warm, spicy, and rich, but not foody. As a big fan of original Perversion, I wholeheartedly approve and am happy to have this in my collection.

To me, there's not much difference between the regular version and this version. It does seem to be slightly more aged than a fresh bottle of Perversion I've gotten from the lab. And there's just a hint of added sweetness behind it. Like the tonka base has a drop of autumn mixed in. Overall, it's wonderful for Perversion fans. But I wouldn't go into expecting a noticeable difference.

In the bottle: Straight up Perversion. I'm not really getting any of the pumpkin spice in the bottle. Hopefully that will change on my skin!

Okay, I do get the spices on my skin. They're lingering behind the leather-wine-tonka-and-tobacco-awesomeness of Perversion. Unfortunately, they are very short-lived. This ends up being like regular Perversion, and it remains so after a full day of wear. I only get a hint of the pumpkin spice when I press my nose to my arm in order to smell it.

Verdict: I'm a fan of Perversion, so I will be keeping my bottle and hoping that the pumpkin spice will emerge more with age. However, if you were hoping that the spices would be a strong component, you might have better luck layering Pumpkin Spice Everything with the original GC.

I love Perversion, it reminds me of an outrageously sexy/smutty dark chocolate, cherries and whipped cream. I am intrigued to see how the pumpkin spice will affect this. Wow, it's making it even better, how is that possible?? The sweetness is making it more feminine (both me and my partner are able to wear straight-up Perversion). I would totally wear this for a dirty night out. I need more than an imp of this!!

I'm a long-time fan of Perversion so when I saw this on the 'pumpkin spice' list on this year's update, I had to have it. I've noticed very slight variations in bottles of Perversion over the years. The first bottle I ever had was overboard with the coconut and as I adore coconut, I fell madly in love. Other bottles have been more heavy on the tobacco or the leather but my favourites are always the coconutty ones.

Pumpkin Spice Perversion is very coconutty (score!) and so I am one very happy cat. It's spicier than usual (duh) but it enhances the warmth of the blend and really lifts it. I'm over-the-moon with this. I need more.

Super sexy pumpkin spice. I get tinges of pumpkin spice, rum, tobacco, and just a whiff of leather. UGH. This actually smells really good.

I was not expecting to like this and I am. This will require more testing. Good throw and wear length.

I've not tried regular Perversion, so I have no basis of comparison.

In the bottle, it smells like a super oaky, rich chardonnay with a hint of wet tobacco. I don't get a lot of leather in this at all

On, The chardonnay gets amped on me, along with the tonka. I really wish this had the leather in it that the original promises, but im not getting it at all. Perhaps my chemistry is off? who knows.

Dry, it's a pretty enjoyable scent. I honestly don't think that The Lab's PS note agrees with me. :(

Of the three PS scents I've tried, this one has been the only one I liked. I'm glad to have an imp to play with, but there's no need for a bottle.

This smells almost exactly like Pumpkin Tobacco Atmo Spray from the Post Weenies last year. If you loved that you will love this.

Wet: OMG that's goooood. I had forgotten how sexy perversion is. Why have a I never grabbed a bottle?? This has hints of spice in it as well, obviously, but to me not the typical pumpkin spice. I may have to compare it to regular Perversion to be able to pick out the differences. Either way, LOVE this, and likely need a bottle *sigh* (I was hoping it would just smell like generic pumpkin spice so I could just pass it up.....)

Dry: This is awesome. As expected - sexy perversion with the addition of a dash of pumpkin spice. I likely need a bottle. This also reminds me I need a bottle of Perversion.

I love Perversion, and Pumpkin Spice Perversion is a nice twist on a BPAL classic. Wet, the pumpkin spice is evident, but this dries down to a slightly richer Perversion on me, a heady mix of rum and tobacco and leather and tonka with a bit of oaky chardonnay.

There was a Pumpkin blend several years ago that smelled like this, a spicy Perversion. I'll see if I can find it in the reviews. This is nice, like fresh Perversion and spices. I didn't keep my Pumpkin blend from years ago, as I prefer my Perversion straight up. This will be nice for a change though:)

It was Pumpkin 11 from 2008.48736-pumpkin-ii-2008

Edited by milo

I like this even more than regular Perversion. The spices are soft but a lovely addition, I mostly get nutmeg and clove. The clove isn't overwhelming though. I recently tried regular Perversion and realized it's started to smell way too strongly of grapes in the final drydown. This is more of a gentle mulled wine.

Not a huge change, but a good one.

Bottle: Smells like regular Perversion with some extra spices underlining.

On: I'm getting more spice, like cloves and cinnamon coming through on top of Perversion (which has always been a lovely sweet tobacco on me)

30 mins later: Spices were short lived which is a shame and normal Perversion comes out over the top.

Like other reviewers its definitely more Perversion than Pumpkin Spice. I'm going to keep it because Perversion is one of my all time favorites but wished I gotten a bottle of normal Pumpkin Spice to layer. I think I actually prefer normal Perversion over Pumpkin Spice Perversion though (at least on me).

I've never had the apparent pleasure of the original Perversion, but I'm not sure it would be up my alley due to its leather and tobacco notes. Though I am a big fan of Pumpkin Spice themed scents in general, PS Perversion just isn't doing it for me. Like others have said, this must be more Perversion than PS. It's like... PS vape juice. Giving it to my partner since they like it more than I do. I'm going to stick with me Please Scream Inside Your Pumpkin Patch for now.