Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
doomsday_disco

Pumpkin Spice Embalming Fluid

Pumpkin spice that funeral home!

In the decant: I have bottles of Pumpkin Spice Snake Oil and Pumpkin Spice Perversion, and in both of those, it's mainly the GC scent with only a bit of pumpkin spice. While I can smell more of the pumpkin spices in Pumpkin Spice Embalming Fluid (since it is a much lighter scent), it's still predominantly the green tea and lemon of Embalming Fluid with just a little bit of spice in the background.

Wet: Warm pumpkin spices bursting through the green tea, lemon, and aloe of Embalming Fluid. The pumpkin spice in this doesn't actually make this smell like spices to me – it just makes the scent smell really warm. After a minute, the white musk note emerges.

Dry: This is still predominantly Embalming Fluid with just a bit of added warmth from the pumpkin spice, but the spices are stronger during this stage.

Verdict: I was really curious about how Embalming Fluid would play with the pumpkin spices. The answer is mostly just like regular Embalming Fluid with some added warmth.

I really like this - I can see myself reaching for it in spring or summer when I want something with spice that's not too heavy. The white musk, lemon & tea keep it refreshing & don't fight with the spices.

Pumpkin spice with lemon zest. It's a meringue like lemon, pumpkin spice, and some otherworldly fluid. Kinda lemony, kinda spicy, kinda creepy. Fun. Good throw and wear length.

When I first feel the scratchiness of a sore throat :sick2: starting, I have this concoction I make:

I brew a pot of green tea, quite strong, with slices of fresh ginger and a healthy dash of chai spice.

Piping hot in a mug with as much lemon and honey as the situation calls for, it seems to help.

At least it often makes me feel less blergh, which is pretty much the point.

Ordinarily, I'm not much of a fan of anything pumpkin spiced. However, I had the feeling that this

scent might resemble my go-to elixir. It's pretty close. There's a touch more cinnamon in this

(no skin reaction, though, even on the inside of my wrist.) There's also a slight buttery/ browned

toastyness that might resemble a roasted pumpkin seed or three. Replace that with ginger steam,

and you'd have my 'beat down the winter blahs' :hammer: beverage in a perfume oil.

I'm strangely comforted by this :sick: Embalming Fluid. Ha!

Glad I got a bottle.

The pumpkin spice renders such a beautiful rounded sweetness appropriate for the fall season. It smell so comforting, but really little resembles to the original Embalming Fluid.

It reminds me so much of a Kenzo perfume.