Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Fear of Blood

Crimson splatter, pulsating with blackened vetiver.

On wet, I get red skin musk and almost a red wine note. The vetiver is not in your face at all. Just adds a subtle suggestion of smoke.

I feel like this isn't straight up red musk but as it dries down, the muskiness comes out more. Almost goes a little powdery sweet but I don't mind that.

I feel like maybe there is orris in this? Or at least something that does things similar to orris on me. That actually could be the vetiver now that I think of it. If so, than this vetiver is reminding me a lot of orris.

All in all, a sweet earthy red skin musk. That's my impression.

ETA - this reminds me a lot of blood pearl without the coconut :biggrin:

Red musk, orris, and a touch of what smells like coconutty vetiver. I really do get a good deal of Blood Pearl from this. Good throw and wear length.

Wet: I was hoping this would be a red musk scent, and it is. The vetiver doesn't have that sour-smoky aspect, this one is more earthy. Smells a lot like a dry dirt note, actually. It's overtaking the red musk, but then the red musk amps up again - they sort of swirl in and out like that.

Dry: This settles really nicely into a dark, musky, incense, earthy kind of scent that's tough to describe. I like it, but I don't know that I would find myself reaching for it.

Agree, Hemophobia is crimson musk and vetiver. I really like all the permutations on red musk, so that part of this scent works well for me. Vetiver is very scent-specific for me, although I find myself enjoying it more and more. There is something slightly metallic here that does remind me of the tang of blood. This is one to test on my husband, because I think it will be fantastic on him.

I would never have elected to try this, but when I received a decant of this instead of Hypothermia, I figured I would be brave and try it.

Hemophobia starts off strong on the crimson musk on me, backed by the vetiver. But the crimson musk in this is spiced. There's a really warm sensation on my skin where it was applied, and I believe that that's thanks to some ginger. Fortunately, it hasn't left any welts yet, but damn, it feels very warm and is irritating. After a while, I do get something that's powdery in the mix, which I could totally see being orris (another note that also hates me).

Definitely not for me. At least the vetiver in this isn't a smokefest?