Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
armeleia

Violent Gesticulations

No doubt I now grew very pale; but I talked more fluently, and with a heightened voice. Yet the sound increased and what could I do? It was a low, dull, quick sound much such a sound as a watch makes when enveloped in cotton. I gasped for breath and yet the officers heard it not. I talked more quickly more vehemently; but the noise steadily increased. I arose and argued about trifles, in a high key and with violent gesticulations; but the noise steadily increased. Why would they not be gone?

An erratic pomegranate mint, high-pitched and flailing with eucalyptus, above a throbbing core of black musk.

In the bottle: Dominated by the musk and eucalptus, with mint following and a vague, hard to identify fruitiness.
Wet on skin: Stronger mint and eucalptus with that the musk to round it out, with that same sweetness as in the bottle.
Dry on skin: Very well-balanced, softly masculine but with a sweetness that keeps it from really being manly. Clean without being astringent. On me, the pomegranate never really smells specifically like pomegranate; it comes across as slightly tangy note that keeps this one really interesting and very complex.

This one is wonderful - definitely a keeper. ETA: This is actually my new favorite. Edited by armeleia

Mint, chilly pom, and a bed of musk. This one is a minty pom blend with enough musk to keep it interesting. Very weird, and complex, and fruity-tangy without being all pomegranate in your face.

Wet: Oiy. I don't care much for pom, and I only like mint with some things - turns out pom is not one of them....blarg. This is......not good....on me. ICK.

Dry: This smells like the dentist's office on me - a mix of mint and artificial fruit, like that horrid tooth polish they use. This one is a fail on me. I never did get any of the musk....

I was hoping this would work for me, but it's a big NOPE. Something in it goes off and turns almost sour—I think it's the Pom/eucalyptus combo. This could work on someone who can wear either of these alone, but if one doesn't typically work for you, I doubt it would go over well together.

Wet: Pomegranate reminiscent of The Body Shop. Very perfumed fruit, but the mint cuts it pretty quickly. But this is not the part that matters.

Dry: THIS IS WHERE IT GETS GORGEOUS! The black musk is amazing. Is it in Mme Moriarty? I don't know, I'll look up the notes for her when I'm done. It's black musk with dry, sharp, wisps of pomegranate lost in memory.