Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

The Wild Audacity of My Perfect Triumph

I smiled, — for what had I to fear? I bade the gentlemen welcome. The shriek, I said, was my own in a dream. The old man, I mentioned, was absent in the country. I took my visitors all over the house. I bade them search — search well. I led them, at length, to his chamber. I showed them his treasures, secure, undisturbed. In the enthusiasm of my confidence, I brought chairs into the room, and desired them here to rest from their fatigues, while I myself, in the wild audacity of my perfect triumph, placed my own seat upon the very spot beneath which reposed the corpse of the victim.

A jubilant and deranged lime absinthe.

The lime is particularly prominent on wet, and it reminds me to the limes you find in margarita mixes, and then you get the same absinthe note that you get in Pumpkin Spice Absinthe. This is a very lime Absinthe, and I LOVE IT. For all of you that love absinthe-based blends, gives this a whirl. It's like absinthe decided to go to Mexico and adopted limes as a component. Medium throw and wear length.

This is really fun - jubilant is a good word for it! Starts off with a strong blast of lime - and as zankoku zen says, this lime is ready to party! Then it develops into a nicely blended lime and absinthe for a few hours and ends up as a soft close-to-the-skin absinthe.

My only complaint is that it doesn't last very long on me and is a bit faint - very little throw.

I will use my decant, but as I have several other absinthe/anise blends I wear regularly (and a bottle of SN Sri Lankan Lime, come to think of it), I don't feel like it is quite amazing enough to justify a bottle.

Edited by joopjoop

Wet: Fun! This is a very bright, juicy lime scent - smells very much like lime juice, not so much the rind. It also has a clean vibe going on. I don`t really get much of the absinthe. This is very realistic lime though, so much that it makes my face pucker a bit! It`s much more sour than the Lime SN.

Dry: This lasts longer than citrus usually does on me (I have only had it on an hour though, it may fade soon). It stays true, tart lime juice. I never did get any of the absinthe.

Wet: Lime.  Nothing else to smell here.  Move along.

Dry: There's that licorice-y Absinthe smell.  Lime is lurking.

Dry dry:  This has taken a turn for Comet.  Don't get me wrong, Comet reminds me of mom cleaning house when I was little but it doesn't make me feel sexy. 

The Wild Audacity is exactly as advertised, a bright and cheery lime absinthe.  I love anise and dislike mint in my perfumes, and I get lime first and anise second and no appreciable mint.  Delightful but not as long-lasting as I would have hoped.