Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

It is impossible to say how first the idea entered my brain; but once conceived, it haunted me day and night. Object there was none. Passion there was none. I loved the old man. He had never wronged me. He had never given me insult. For his gold I had no desire. I think it was his eye! yes, it was this! He had the eye of a vulture — a pale blue eye, with a film over it. Whenever it fell upon me, my blood ran cold; and so by degrees — very gradually — I made up my mind to take the life of the old man, and thus rid myself of the eye forever.

Milky white fluid obfuscating a pale, lilac-blue iris.

In the bottle this is all milk.Which frightened me as I often turn milky notes sour on my skin.

Skin test: OK this is quite a fresh milky scent on my skin with a very faint 'purple tinge' I think the lavender keeps this from going sour. Minimal throw and minimal lasting power, however I like this fresh creamy scent

When I read the description, at first I thought "ewwww", but then I realized that the lab probably would not grace us with the scent of an actual infected eyeball. I say probably because they have created scents that smell like mutilated flesh (Gore-Shock) and Christmas dinner leftovers (Day-Old Ham), so you never can tell. Though I wasn't brave enough to purchase a bottle, I did get a decant and I'm hoping for the creamy sweet floral scent that may be implied by the words milky, lilac, and iris.

In the decant: Milk! Sour milk! I love milk notes, even when they're a little sour, but this is too sour for me :nervous:. There's a hint of lilac, but the milk is squelching it.

Wet on skin: Total 180! Mostly lilac with just the barest hint of milk. The lilac is similar to the "blue lilac" note in Cave of Treasures and Spirit of The Komachi Cherry Tree. Though faint, the milk note is creamy, a little sweet, but also still a little bit sour (not nearly so sour as it was in the bottle though). Not really getting iris. Although the lilac note is pretty, this scent is nothing special to me at this stage (too floral, not nearly creamy or sweet enough for me).

15 minutes in: So after applying, I was sitting there playing video games with my SO (why yes, I did have a very productive day) when I began to smell something amazing. It took me a second to realize it was this scent wafting up from my wrists. OMG it's gorgeous! The milk note is so creamy, so lovely, sweet (but not candy or pastry sweet), and all of its initial sourness has vanished. It reminds me a lot of the milkiness in Chaste Moon (speaking solely of the 2005 version). The lilac note is still very present - I'd say it's about evenly matched with the milk note - but it's a sweeter floral note than it was in the bottle or when it was wet. Still no iris, but that's okay with me. Oh I hope it doesn't morph too much!

1 hour in: So far, so good! The lilac note has begun to fade, but it's still awesome!

2+ hours in: The lilac continues to fade throughout the day, so this slowly evolves into a milk heavy scent. Around 4 hours in, it's basically milk single note... but with a milk note like this, I'm okay with that. :thumbsup:

Decent throw and lasted 5 hours or so before totally fading away.

Verdict: All of the bottles shall belong to me!!!! Okay, no not really. But only because I can't afford it and because I must leave enough for every other creamy scent lover to try it too! Will definitely be purchasing a bottle and possibly a backup though (and I really don't do backups).

Try if you like creamy florals or milky scents in general.

Edited by SurrealReality

Coconut milk and iris. Yup, I get a milky delicate coconut milk and powdery iris. Pretty, delicate, milky. Good throw and wear length.

this is a soft milky iris/lilac scent. this milk note is so familiar and i feel like i smelled something similar in a moment in time, but a milk note isn't listed in that scent. i think maybe it's like the scent of soft goats milk & honey soap mixed with iris and lilac. it's very soft and comforting, i could see wearing this at bedtime. bpal had a milk note that did not work on me, but this one does, thankfully. this scent feels perfect for a rainy spring day and i really like it a lot.

this one is totally unexpected on me: it smells like a young girl's perfume blended into a tropical cocktail. the dead leaves and pineapple didn't go tropical but this one did. zz's mention of coconut milk above makes complete sense to me. bright, sweet, creamy pretty perfume.

Oh! I did not get dairy milk, sour or other wise, from this. It does start out with something creamy..and you know, it might very well be what ZZ and Anne mentioned as a coconut milk. Not at all suntan lotion coconut, but more like coconut water. OH! It reminds me of the coconut note in Obatala! The lilac makes its entrance loud and clear. It is a pretty lilac and it stays for the life of the scent on me. It does seem like a slightly creamy lilac.

I bought this for the iris and get none of that at all! Overall, a pretty scent. Lilac lovers should love this!

ETA Final stage of this scent is mostly the milky coconut.

Edited by Minh Scent

Wet: Lovely fresh lilac, combined with a sweet-yet-clean cream note that reminds me of Boo. I get some candy-sweet, powdery iris as well. Really interesting! I was not expecting to enjoy this as much as I am.

Dry: Dries down to that sweet cream note (which is sadly not that great on my skin, slightly sour, slightly burnt) and sweet iris and a hint of lilac. It's OK, but not great on me.

In the Bottle:

Slightly sour milk and powder-sweet iris

On the Skin:

Straight up iris, briefly, to start with and then some lilac. The milky note is subtle and a little chalky.

On the Drydown:

Mostly powdery iris with a backing of slightly fatty milk to keep it from becoming too dry and screechy. There is almost a maltiness to the milky fluid. Pretty and close to the skin

The Eye of a Vulture on me is a watery milk, lilac, and iris blend. The milk note is like skim milk—it's not excessively creamy, just a sheer whitewash of milk. The overall effect is of a pale milky floral, like the lightest purple lilac ever—nearly white. I don't get any coconut milk at all. It's a very delicate floral, but has a lot of personality. It's quite unusual, I'm not sure I can think of another BPAL scent I've tried that's similar. I really love this, but I'm a lilac and iris lover, so it's kind of a no-brainer.

The "milky white fluid" must be coconut milk. I'm getting a strong coconut milk crossed with the "sour milk" note of Milk Moon. The iris is lowkey. A creamy floral, emphasis on creamy. It's not TOO sour on me, as Milk Moon was. I think I like it, weird as it is!