Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The officers were satisfied. My manner had convinced them. I was singularly at ease. They sat, and while I answered cheerily, they chatted of familiar things. But, ere long, I felt myself getting pale and wished them gone. My head ached, and I fancied a ringing in my ears: but still they sat and still chatted.

Rum cakes and black tea, blueberry scones and biscuits.

On my skin, wet:
Kinda sour, a little bit boozy

On my skin, dry:
Boozy fruity muffins

After several hours:
Sugary fruity muffins with a splash of booziness

In the decant: Extremely boozy rum cakes and blueberries.

Wet: Same. I feared this would be really boozy, but I was hoping that the other notes would help tame the rum cake note. But it's the strongest one, followed by the blueberries from the scones. Then, the black tea note emerges and becomes stronger over time.

Dry: Predominantly black tea and blueberry scones with some rum cake and biscuits in the background.

Verdict: I mainly wanted to try this because it was the only gourmand from the The Tell-Tale Heart collection. It's too booze-y and blueberry-y for me, but I'm glad that I was able to try it.

Rum and yellow cake. This one is a coconutty sugary drink on the beach rum. So I end up with a very tropical Caribbean cake. Medium throw and wear length.

This is an interesting blend. In testing it the first time, I couldnt remember the notes, and despite how long I thought and sniffed and sniffed and thought, I couldnt identify any notes by smell, either. So I took a break.

Coming back to it, I smelled coconut. All coconut. ONLY coconut. Very much like the Yes To Coconuts shower gel I often use. So you can imagine my shock when I looked at the actual notes here. Say what now? I concentrated really hard and still couldnt get cake or tea or blueberry, but perhaps its that rum that is making me smell coconut. Its a nice scent, fairly simple-smelling, and since it blends so seamlessly with my daily skin care I may actually buy a bottle. But it is not what I expected at all!

Edited by Leopard403

Wet: Artificial blueberry (like those blueberry scented dolls) and sour/burnt cream. We're not off to a good start here, but to be fair, my skin chemistry REALLY struggles with gourmands and a lot of fruits these days, so I don't really know what I was expecting...as I go back for further sniffing though, it actually starts to smell pleasant, and familiar in a different way. Like....sunscreen? Huh? Almost like there's some coconut lurking in there.

Dry: This goes through several phases (some are OK, some I don't care for) and settles back into that "burnt cream" note on me. Not a fan.

Its beautifully blueberry baked goods in the bottle... on the dry-down it smells like the LUSH blackberry bath bomb. Dry it is almost pure coconut with a very vague tongue of berry. Its very pleasant but not at all what I was looking for. I normally amp boozey scents, but I didnt even get a whiff of the alcohol note in this one.

I love this, it just doesn't last as long as I'd like. Creamy coconut and berry scones. Which is funny because I had forgotten the notes when I tried it, and could have sworn it had tobacco in it. I guess the tea and rum translates that into tobacco in my nose. It does morph a bit, and is coconut heavy to my nose, at first. The berry does becomes vague, and hard to pick out. The tea comes forward later, and ends up smelling like sweet tobacco, and the coconut chills the F down. Overall, I think it's a great scent for foodie lovers, I guess it just depends on your chemistry. Opt for a decant before buying a bottle blind .

Wet: RUM. Rum, tea, and... plastic.

Dry: Burnt plastic and a hint of rum. :(

Such a bummer, I was looking forward to this one!

Edited by donkehpoo

Singularly at Ease, which is lovely rum-infused blueberry muffin in the vial, goes tragically wrong on my skin in the exact same way that Eat Me goes tragically wrong on my skin. It was frimped to me, and I'm glad I got to test it, because it might have surprised me. Sigh. If you love Eat Me or the cakes note in general, you should definitely try this.

Wet, this was incredibly coconut on me, with a hint of rum, making me smell like a delicious tropical cocktail. It didn't change much on the dry-down except the coconut mellowed out so a little more of the rum could be smelled. I can't get a single hint of blueberry or cake from it... It's not bad, but certainly unexpected.

This is a lovely tea party scent with booze! Rum blueberry muffins is basically what it's like after about an hour, but initially it's delicious fresh baked biscuits and blueberries. 

The tea is lovely as well, even though there is blueberry in here it doesn't smell at all like Lán Yuèliàng's blueberry lemon tea. I would say Singularly is somewhat of a cousin, but definitely not a dupe for Yuèliàng.

Definitely seek this out if you love scone or biscuit scents! The rum makes a lovely addition but doesn't overpower any single note.