Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Apple, marshmallow, apricot, and sugar cane.

In The Bottle: Fresh apple, apricot and a little fresh sugar cane.

Wet On Skin: Hi, marshmallow! The fluffy stuff shows itself and dives into the mix, making this a sweet and fruity confection!

Dry Down: The sugar cane is giving this scent a bit of roughness- it reads almost like spice, like cinnamon, but it's not cinnamon. It's something the cane note does that standard sugar doesn't do, and its giving the scent some depth it didn't have before. The marshmallow is reminding me of 2010 Boo!, which is a nice feature.

In All: light throw, sweet and lovely autumnal daytime scent. If you're partial to sugar and fruit notes, you'll want to hoard this one.

I sniffed all the Apples at NYCC and this was the only one that came home with me as a full bottle.

Apple 6 is a bright scent, fluffy and round. The apricot and marshmallow make it a very sweet, poofy scent and significantly less apple-forward than some of the others. I actually wouldn't call this an apple scent primarily, as it's actually the vanilla-tinged marshmallow note that is strongest to my nose, especially while the scent is wet.

The sugar cane adds a touch of woodiness, and the apple is fresh and crisp rather than baked/foodie.

I tend to love BPAL's marshmallow and sweet scents, and this is no exception. The apple is a supporting player here, rather than the star. It's like sniffing beautiful, pastel, fruit-flavored marshmallows. Medium throw, good lasting power -- this stayed on my hands after 2 con hand washes and some disinfectant.

Bright fruity apple/apricot with vanilla marshmallow and slight woodiness from the sugar cane. This is a fresh apple, but there's plenty of foodie elements: the fruits, the marshmallow, and the vanilla. Medium throw and wear length.

Oh, I like this one! In the bottle and on me, it smells like a sweet, lightly spiced chai. I know the apple is in there, but it doesn't come out very heavily: instead, I get a creamy, sweet, and lightly spiced scent (more cardamom to me than cinnamon, but who knows if there are even spices in there?) that is quite dreamy and lovely. I expect the marshmallow and cane sugar are adding to the "chai" feel to me, but regardless, this one is really nice!

I was hoping the applies and apricots would be fresh enough, and the sugar cane woody enough to temper the foody sweetness of the marshmallow (a note which I love, but at the moment I'm trying to avoid foody scents).

In the bottle: Not at all what I imagined. It's definitely NOT fresh apple or apricot. This smells more like warm apple and apricot cobbler with a little bit of marshmallow. There is a slightly sweet, woody... almost spicy note waaayy in the background (presumably the sugar cane), but other than that this is entirely foody. It's sweet, but pastry sweet - not tooth-achingly candy sweet.

Wet on skin: Though the apple/apricot cobbler is still at the forefront, the sweet woody note has come forward and is almost as strong as the cobbler. The marshmallow note is in the background. At this stage, it's less foody than it was in the bottle and it smells amazing. If it stays like this, it'll be a keeper for me for sure.
10 minutes in: Hmmm... the woody note is beginning to fade.

1/2 hour in: Mainly warm apple and apricot cobbler and sweet, fluffy marshmallow. The woody note is now in the background. It adds interest and still tempers the foody aspect slightly, but... not enough for me.
1 hour in: The marshmallow is stronger now and toe to toe with the cobbler, while the woody note remains in the background.
As the day continued, the marshmallow note became increasingly strong, eventually overtaking the cobbler. Six or seven hours later, it was basically marshmallow single note.
This scent lasted impressively long on me - at least 6 or 7 hours. Decent throw.
Verdict: Probably a no go for me since I'm trying to stay away from scents that are extremely foody.
I would suggest trying if enjoy foody scents. Especially if you enjoy cobbler/pie scents and/or marshmallow.

This smells like a fluffy apricot/apple marshmallow candy. goes a teeny bit powder on me. But a powdered sugar powder lol. Too sweet for me.

In the bottle: The apricot is the dominant note, and it reads to me as a lightly spiced apricot, like lightly spiced apricot preserves. I can also smell the sugar cane. When this first arrived, I could pick out the marshmallow and apple, but now, I mostly just smell the apricot and sugar cane.

Wet: Apricot and apple, warmed by the sugar cane. Then, the marshmallow note starts to peek out, making the scent sweeter. I agree that the sugar cane does add a bit of woodiness to the scent. The apricot is the star here, and it's still giving me that lightly spiced, not fresh, dessert-y apricot vibe.

Dry: The apricot and sugar cane still dominate, but there is a bit more marshmallow in the background now. I cannot pick out the apple anymore. The scent ends up being really light after a few hours of wear.

Verdict: I was worried this one would end up being too sweet, but it isn't on me. I didn't want to end up passing on it because it sounded like it would be great to pair with Apple Marshmallow hair gloss, but it's mostly an apricot scent on me, not an apple or a marshmallow one. I like it, but I wish the marshmallow note were stronger on me.

I think this is my new favourite scent!

In the bottle I could smell this quite strong spiced sugar cane note with apple and a bit of apricot. It doesn't change too much on me from wet to dry, which I'm glad about, just blends and becomes this wonderful slightly spiced sugared marshmallow fruit. Ugh I love it. The marshmallow is light and fluffy, the sugar cane is slightly spicy (but not like cinnamon, which I was worried about, just... I don't know, spiced / baked kinda scent, but not?), and it seems to be a fairly even mix of sugared apple and apricot. I don't find this too foody at all, nor candy-sweet.

Wet: Mmm I was not expecting this to be spiced apple, but it is, and it's lovely. Like apple and apricot pie filling, if that were a thing, with a blob of creamy marshmallow on top. Surprisingly homey and comforting. I had kind of gotten away from gourmands, but am recognizing there is still a place for some of them in my collection - this is the type of gourmand I still really enjoy. It's like a warm hug. I sometimes struggle with apple notes smelling artificial on me, but this smells like a real (cooked) apple.

Dry: I really love this scent. It smells nothing like I thought it would. Of the two I picked up (6 & 7) I thought this would be the "iffy" one, but it's the one that's better on my skin. It's a warm, slightly gooey (if that makes sense) bakery scent, kept from being too sweet or candy-like y the apricot and lemon. The spice in this is literally perfect. I think it's very light on the cinnamon, because normally that would be overpowering on me and easily identifiable. This is more like a mix of spices - nutmeg and ginger, maybe even some mace? Apple pie spices. I guess this does smell a bit like apple pie, but apple pie with a unique, amazing twist. YUM. Really happy I took a chance on it.