Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Apple blossom, white sandalwood, and oudh.

Oh, this is nice! Many thanks to the kind fairy who picked a bottle up for me.

In the bottle, the three notes are each very much in evidence. The apple blossom is light and clean, perched right on the line between fruity and floral; the sandalwood is dry and warm; and the oudh is working that whole dark and earthy thing with all its might. There's something about the mix that reminds me a bit of Chintamani-Dhupa.

On my skin, the oudh calms down over time, but it's definitely hanging out providing some structure and richness underneath the other two elements. I'm not going to lie, I suspect those of you who find oudh Band-Aidish may well have that reaction to this blend while it's in the bottle or recently applied -- but give it a chance and see if you can deal with it after the drydown, which leaves me with a lovely balance of the apple-y white floral and warm sexy wood.

It seems so appropriate that this is a NYC-themed blend -- it's elegant, unusual, and a little bit dirty all at once! I'm glad to have sprung for it blind, and expect to keep it in rotation.

I mainly get a white floral oudh (hello apple blossom) layered over sandalwood. This one is a perfumey, Shunga-esque type of apple scent. Elegant, but out of the ordinary. Good throw and wear length.

My take on sniffing this from the bottle is very similar to Zankoku_zen's take on this. Floral, perfumey, and as this is apple blossom rather than apple, it has a certain glittering aspect that is interesting. Unfortunately, it's also just a bit harsh on me--almost floral scented cleaner. Well, oud doesn't always play well with me, and florals are iffy too, except for a rare few.

Very soft, apple takes a backseat to the oudh and sandalwood, giving them a fruity firm scent. Kind of a schoolmarm's apple. Desks and apple and a little sass. Adore it.