Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

My Danger Baby loves to do crazy things and for some reason, I am always chosen to accompany her on these adventures.

(Editors note: its because her mother possesses an actual survival instinct.)

At the Renaissance Faire, we rode the zip line. and lets just say that it rode up a bit on my naughty bits. As we stepped off the ledge, I screamed MY BALLS, and Lilith thought it was soooooo funny.

Brown leather and bourbon vanilla with honeyed oudh and cinnamon buns.

First of all, i suck at reviews. BUT

I love this. Very well blended. At first the leather and cinnamon dominates, but then the drydown happens and it all kind of melts together into this warm, comforting, soft leather and bakery scent. I do feel its somewhat masculine, but not enough to scare me away, which most masculine scents do. Glad to have blind bottled.

Mm, wow.

In the bottle I get bourbon vanilla and cinnamon buns. Things are held in check, though. Pretty tame. The ride hasn't taken off yet.

Then on my skin, ho-whoa, leather-cinnamon stickysticky buns. :cthulhu:

The bourbon vanilla and a woody oudh are a solid structure holding this leather-cinnamon contraption in place. As it settles, the leather-cinnamon also calms down and the blend gets very woody on me. It makes me think of structures and platforms.

ETA: On my friend's skin, this shows no pastry at all. It's all cinnamon leather, with a hint of oudh after drydown. I wore it again to show her the difference on me. She took one whiff, and: "Hellooo Cinnabon!"

I'm amping the sticky buns.

Edited by Casablanca

Reading others' reviews, I must have received a bottle that was messed up. It smells tangy, like something is off. Like the leather is rancid? I'll let it sit for a bit, and see if it calms down a bit.

Yeah.... not getting what others are posting either, and I got my decant from the lovely Carrie above. In the decant, I don't know what I am smelling...I don't get any of the bakery/foody scents. Not even any leather... it smells like mild motor oil!!! Even on my skin...motor oil with a dash of maybe something that makes it not too icky. :think: Very sad.... had to wash it off.

Tons of brown leather and cinnamon oudh. This one smells like a Ren Faire. Leather, cinnamon, and just oudh. Very masculine. Great throw and wear length.

I am so scared of oudh!! But the other notes sounded too good to pass up trying.

Wet: Lots of smooooth leather (the kind I love) and cinnamon pastry. This makes me want a cinnamon bun so bad! I love this so far - reminds me of Arabian Dance without the coffee? Or maybe it's something else I am thinking of. Either way, I adore the leather note in this, and the oudh isn't ruining it, and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I don't typically like overtly masculine smells, but I find this fairly gender neutral so far. It hovers right on the edge of gourmand.

Dry: Nose to skin this is soft leather (I cannot express hoe much I love this particular leather note!) and sweet cinnamon pastries. The throw, however, has a lot of oudh in it. I just can't get my nose to like oudh. There is something about it that literally makes me cringe a bit. So sadly, this one is not for me.

In the decant: Syrup-y cinnamon bun-y leather (like the glaze from the cinnamon buns is sticking to it) along with some woody oudh.

Wet: The cinnamon bun note (particular, the sticky glaze) is the strongest note, with the leather right behind it. This makes me think more of a monkey bread type glaze than the clear or white glaze that I typically associate with cinnamon buns.

Dry: Still sticky cinnamon buns clinging to a smooth, brown leather.

After a while, the sweet, sticky glaze of the cinnamon buns goes away, so that the soft, brown leather ends up dominating this scent. The cinnamon bun note is still present, but it's a lot softer now, and more like the inside of a cinnamon bun. The oudh note is present, but adding a warm, woodiness to the scent without overpowering the brown leather or the cinnamon bun. I really enjoy this phase.

Verdict: This one is too sticky-sweet for me during the wet phase. I vastly prefer the scent after it has been dry for a few hours, and the sticky quality goes away. I'm glad that I was able to try it, but I don't think I need a bottle. That said, I will be holding onto my decant! I'm curious to see how it will age.

I can even with this scent. It smells raw leather and cinnamon in the bottle, and after a minute or two of drying, it starts to develop into the scent of drinking a cinnamon dolce latte at a bookshop, but a used one filled with soft leather books and creaking shelves. Not at all, you know, the adventure implied in the title, for me. But skin chemistry is a hell of a thing, right? Love it.

In the bottle it smells like straight up vanilla, cinnamon sticky buns, and sticky fingers. Yep. I love this, and i really really hope this doesn't turn plastic on me like so many gourmand scents do.

Applied, its like WHOA HI CINNABON, but then almost immediately tempers. The sweetness mellows, and some super well-worn brown leather notes, as well as oudh make an appearance. I am into this a lot.

As it dries, I start to amp the leather, oudh, and bourbon vanilla. the cinnamon turns into cassia bark, and isn't quite as "bakery" as it was before and far more "cinnamon broom." The sweetness again keeps pulling back- the vanilla is super dry and oaky. Apparently I do pretty well with the Lab's bourbon vanilla as opposed to other vanillas.

I'll keep on using the imp, and this may call for a full bottle with my next order.

Edit: this won't be on my next order. My skin eats it up and turns it to sweet vanilla powder. :(

Edited by strick9

Sadly, not the cinnabon scent I held out hope for. This has a paraffin non-sweet leather cinnamon candle vibe with a bit of a wet hay/animal scent in the background. This also raised some small hives on my wrist. I've never had that reaction to a blend before.

Total chemistry fail. :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: Zip Line goes wrong enough on me that I'm going to put it behind a spoiler cut so it won't give anyone else a preconceived notion if they don't want it.

Pee. Leather and stanky ammoniac pee. Why, skin, why? :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: And the first glimmerings of a headache. I can usually do oudh--not sure if it's it or the leather misbehaving here.

Edited by lady_pandora

No leather, no bourbon vanilla, no honey, and only the cinnamon part of cinnamon buns. The whole scent comes off as a very sharp, woody cinnamon. It reminds me of plasticy craft store wreaths and cinnamon potpourri oil.

I can't smell the leather, but I would say this is pretty true to the cinnamon buns scent. Although they mostly just smell like the buns without the icing. Definitely some vanilla in there too with some honey but it's mostly cinnamon and the dough for me. The person above me compared it to cinammon potpourri and I'd have to agree although it's not a bad scent to me, definitely more wearable than some other BPAL scents I've tried that smell like it. Will keep my bottle for sure.

Edited by fairybites
Added more