Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Captain Lilith is a harsh taskmaster and her first mate has been put up for public humiliation.

His crime must have been not making her buttered pasta fast enough.

Can he escape?

Will people come by and throw tomatoes at him?

Caramelized rum ice cream with a splatter of berries.

This smells exactly like the description. This is a really, really nice sweet vanilla with rum in the background, it kinda reminds me of bread pudding. It's really strong, and it doesn't seem to warp and become plasticy like some vanilla blends. The berries aren't super apparent, and I think they kinda morph to smelling like raisins, where bread pudding is coming from. It's wonderful for those gourmand lovers.

Grabbed a decant of this!! Sniffing, it is just as stated. I get a sweet rum laced vanilla. Applied, it gets more caramelized to me...the berries come out as well. It all blends very well and I get every note listed. Sadly, what I can guess is the "ice cream' part (might be vanilla) goes a wee plastic-y on me. Not too much, but a little. Has a medium throw on me.

Pillory is gorgeous on application, you can really smell each individual scent note. On dry down, though, the whole thing carmelizes a bit too much so it smells like a rummy maple syrup.

Wet: Rum and caramel. Yum! No berries upon initial application.

Dry: This has turned a liiiiittle bit plasticy. It's a lightly carmelized rum, with a hint of plastic now.

The wet stage was really nice, but wasn't too fond of the drydown. I don't think I'll be needing a bottle.

Edited by donkehpoo

Rum, caramel, and vanilla ice cream. There's something that makes me think bananas flambe, but I think its the combination of the boozey caramel plus a touch of vanilla. Good throw and wear length.

I can't resist rum. B)

Wet: Mmm, rum and berries! Making me hungry. As gourmands sometimes do though, this is going "stale" or "dusty" on my skin. I call it the "stale cocoa puffs" effect, but it happens with more than just chocolate on my skin. I would guess it's the ice cream note doing it here. To top it off, the berry is turning to plastic, giving the overall scent a very artificial feel. Too bad, because that rum note is sooooo yummy!

Dry: Sadly it didn't recover, it smells artificial on me, but there is a GLORIOUS sugary rum note underneath!!

Lovely butter rum-caramel-vanilla scent, just about as foodie as you can get and not so boozy that it can't be worn to work. I only got the faintest hint of berries, but fortunately they didn't go plasticky on me. It seems to be lasting well.

ETA It took a couple hours, but the berries eventually emerged. This has good staying power on me -- Do You Like Clowns? is long gone, but the caramel rum is still hanging on.

Edited by Lucchesa

First on, it's blueberry pancake syrup and butterscotch sauce. Super sweet. Dries down like gooey cherry filled donuts with the rum adding a warm, gooey, caramelized glaze. Sickly-sweet and I rarely enjoy cherry fragrances, but it's very much a cherry pastry scent, if you are looking for that. Reminds me a lot of Toothsome Banketstaaf, actually.

Hnrrrrrggh this is so good. Its like the sister to Captain Lilith and Her First Mate but with berries and less coconut cake smelling. I love rum caramel I tell you! I dont know how I missed this last year but so glad to have gotten it secondhand.

First thing, the throw in this is one of the strongest from BPAL that I have tried. Normally, I don't get compliments when I wear BPAL oils unless it's a hair gloss or I sprayed my clothes with an atmospheric spray. So if you're looking for something with fantastic throw, I suggest checking this one out!

Onto the scent, it didn't really smell like ice cream to me? My initial thought without looking at the notes was a cheesecake with some whipped cream and the rum and berry notes. To me, the berries resembled raspberries or strawberries the most. Initial application, the caramelized rum is the strongest note but it fades slightly during drydown which is when the berry notes shine the most. This is super delicious and I am eager to find more oils with a rum note. :P