Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Casablanca

My Little Themysciran Princess

As I was carrying Lilith around the San Diego comic con, people would stop us and ask to take a photo of her cosplaying Wonder Woman. As I set her down, a change would come over her: she would light up, engage the person, and charm the hell out of them while the photo was being taken. She would be so charismatic and charming, and then would then come back to me, this shining, happy little kid, and ask to be picked up all over again. I was so proud of her, and I love my lil Themysciran princess.

Rich, sweet, valiant amber, coconut milk, honeyed saffron, gleaming gold-gilded leather, and sweet olive blossom.

In the bottle, there's the textured, golden scent of saffron over the top of an ambery blend. The way saffron feels in my nose often makes me think of the color and texture of dried calendula flowers, like how they might feel rolled between my fingers if I got some. That texture passes over amber and a hint of coconut.

On my skin, the honey blooms instead, a golden-ambered honey. I get a little olive flower sliding underneath, sleek as oil, and a scarce ghost of coconut milk lingers. As the blend dries, the olive blooms in full. It was the one note I was iffy on, and I don't think I really love it here.

This is a mild blend on me: not a puissant, bold Wonder Woman, but a soft, understated presence. I'll see what more settling does.

This to me was a soft, honeyed coconut amber blend with tinges of leather and olive blossom. It was soft, cuddly, and yet strong. Medium throw and wear length.

right off, i smell coconut milk and honeyed saffron. it smells a bit like a chi chi tiki drink at this stage. after about 5 minutes on the skin, the olive blossom comes through, with hints of amber, deepening the scent and cutting the sweetness. 5-10 more minutes pass and the coconut milk gets stronger again. at this point it's basically coconut milk and olive blossom. i looove olive blossom but the coconut is just too sweet for me. and i get no leather, which is a bummer.

In the decant: I'm getting some of the honey, olive blossom, and saffron, but it's actually a bit difficult to pick out the notes in this one!

Wet: This one is staying really close to the skin. The honey and olive blossom are the strongest notes on me. Then, the saffron and amber pop up, and after that, the coconut milk, adding a soft, creamy quality to the scent. I am not getting any leather at this point.

Dry: It's soooo light! The coconut milk seems to dominate now, with some soft amber residing in the background. It's such a light, fresh, clean scent.

After a while, the amber ends up being the most prominent note, and I can still smell some of the olive blossom, honey, and saffron. Still no leather, though!

Verdict: This one is pleasant, but it's just so light that it's difficult to smell it over the other scents on my arm. I'm glad I was able to try it, but I don't see a bottle in my future.

Wet: Mmm. I don't know exactly what I am smelling, but it's sweet, rich, and lovely. It might be olive blossom - I've only smelled it in one other thing, and I hated it there, but this is gorgeous. Like, so lovely.

Dry: The amber is pale and light, less sweet and rich than some ambers, but still lovely. Hints of the coconut come through nicely - kind of a dry coconut note. But I think what still stands out the most is that oh-so-pretty olive blossom! I have no olive blossom in my collection (until now). Glad I took a chance and blind bottled this. I think it'll age well due to the amber. Looking forward to wearing this in spring!

The notes sounded lovely on this one, but it's a bit of a surprise, in that it smells nothing like I thought it would. I'm getting a fruity vibe, and a tropical feel to it. It's warm, a bit of something sweet like honey and a touch of fruit. This is so weird, it reminds me of Imaginer, not that it smells the same, but Imaginer's description was nothing like how it smelled to me. It's OK, but I don't need any more. I will age the imp for curiosity sake.

*I'm always a bit weary on both amber and coconut, but because I'm on a quest to find the 'perfect leather', here we are*

The leather note is very soft in this and doesn't overpower the other notes at all. The sweetness of the coconut milk and olive leaves next to the warmth of the amber and leather intrigued me and they surprisingly work... really fucking well together. I don't find the coconut milk to be overly sweet, but I'm a major foodie fan- the leather and amber calm it down so it's not sun-tan lotion.

It stays close to the skin but I was wearing this with a jacket, and it warmed up the scent a bit and I was getting some throw then. Maybe this would be a good colder weather scent? *fingers crossed*

I have worn this one several times now, especially when I am wearing my Wondy shirt, yet I haven't written about it yet, which is unusual as I usually review scents right away! When I wear this, it's not distinct in the sense of oh, I am wearing something with rose or vanilla or whatever - it's just overall warm and cuddly with the leather as a backdrop that all the other scents rest on. I have tried a few saffron scents and not loved them, but I decided I had to try this one regardless because of the other notes and the theme, and glad I did because it is lovely - it is definitely little Wondy, sneaking out to train with Antiope. Not sure if I want to buy a bottle (mainly because I am having to be very stingy right now!), but going to keep wearing it during fall and winter and see if I cave. :)

This has been a sleeper hit decant for me. I got it from somebody's leftovers on a whim, thinking that I like coconut milk and I like amber, so why not give this a try?

This is so not what I expected. It's very well blended, very soft, very 'cuddly'. The leather is beautiful. It feels like that sits as a wonderful soft pliable backdrop for all the other notes to mingle freely on top of. It's hard to pick out any of the other notes as being stronger than any other. They just make the scent as a whole very warm, sweet, soft, slightly floral, and again, very cuddly.

Something about this kind of reminded me of places I've been before, and then it hit me... it kind of reminds me of all the gift shops I've been to on trips as a kid to Pennsylvania. Country themed places with lots of folksy knick knacks. Lots of leather, wood, and touches of potpourri and floral candles. I definitely don't mean that in a bad way... it just brought up a lot of nostalgia for me.

Definitely love this one. Crossing my fingers it's still available in big bottles when I have more funds to throw around.

Edited by mishi-bear

My Little Themysciran Princess is another Lilith that took time to settle before revealing its true self. I love the coconut milk and saffron combo here; it smells golden on my skin. The leather and olive blossom drift up as this dries down, to something that smells half warrior, half queen. It's an unusual combination of notes, but it works, like a golden latte. Setting this one aside for additional aging, because it only continues to get better!

This one was disappointing to me. It smells lovely in the bottle, it smells lovely on my skin, and it smells lovely after it's dried. It just doesn't hang around for very long. The scents happens to get lighter and lighter the longer it's on. After 4 hours, you couldn't tell I put anything on.

Powdery, golden amber, a cold and chilly sort of metallic note, and a cold, creamy, clean, aquatic-floral, green stem scent that I'm guessing is the olive blossom. Like a clean, crisp, metallic cologne mixed with a woman's frosty floral perfume and powdery finish. Makes me think of lilies, waterplants, and gleaming, shiny, silver metal. Just slightly soapy and with a slight honeyed note as it dries down. It does give off a powerful, womanly feel to me. I usually hate powdery amber, but the powder isn't overwhelming everything else here.

Floral, clean, metallic, pretty, lightly honeyed...

This was really lovely -- warm amber and saffron and honey and coconut. I didn't really get any leather, though there is definitely a bit of the olive blossom note, though it didn't go soapy on me as it sometimes does. Then it disappeared. Sadness! Bad greedy skin

ETA: Actually, this lasts quite a long time on me, but it is very faint.

Edited by Lucchesa

I am not sure what notes I am predominantly smelling on this one, but it's so light and pretty. I keep waivering between thinking I am getting some of the metal notes from El Dorado, and then believing I am picking up some sort of roadside florals with honey. I do not pick up coconut, which is a win for me as it usually leans sun tan on me . Definitely a pleasant spring scent, or anytime you feel like you wanna be *precious*. 

Lots of leather and amber with a little bit of olive blossom. I wish I was getting some of the coconut and less of the leather, which is not one of my favorite notes. As it fades, the leather does subside a bit and the olive blossom gets stronger with the amber.

I can't see myself wearing this much, but I do enjoy it and i'm glad I got to try it.