Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Near the end of last semester, we arrived to pick her up from school and she was hanging out in her classroom drawing pictures on the white board.

Of course I joined in and wrote funny looking kid with an arrow pointing at her. She changed it and wrote a cute kid, and gave me her big giant smile as if to say I WIN!

Pale lavender and Tahitian vanilla with a smudge of chalk dust and a pop of strawberry bubblegum.

This is such a fun blend! I didn't expect to like this. It reminds me of the bubblegum kids' shampoo that my niece's had. It's light, sweet, fruity, and bubblegummy, that somehow manages to smell clean. This doesn't morph too much on me, either. This is a fun weekend scent. The lavender is pretty light, but I think it's providing the clean base. This is just a happy scent that I'd recommend to "clean laundry" fans. After drydown, the bubblegum calms down, but still makes the lavender/vanilla fun. Medium wear length, medium throw.

I was not expecting to like this one as much as I do. I got it for the lavender note, but fully expected it to be too sweet for me. And it is sweet, no doubt about it, but in such a clean, non gourmand way that it I'm obsessed.

Wet, it's a blast of strawberry bubblegum with a whiff of chalk dust in the background. As it dries, it reminds me of the scent of a toddler's hair that has been washed with strawberry scented shampoo. It's sweet, and clean, and innocent. Low throw, medium wear length for me.

I never get a lot of lavender out of this one, but I think it's what grounds this scent from pulling into a totally candy scent. Once it's completely dried down, it reminds me quite a bit of LUSH's Snow Fairy. This one is unexpectedly bottle worthy for me.

Edited by fundercat55

Strawberry shampoo and a whiff of lavender. It's not very candy-like, but its a sweet blend. Medium throw and wear length.

I didn't like this at all when it first hit my skin. Something smelled sour. But after a few moments it settled, and now it smells similar to the Snow Fairy dusting powder Lush used to make. I like it, but it makes me sneeze.

I can't resist Lilith lavender scents, so I blind bottled this, despite hating bubblegum....I may regret it.

Wet: Wow, that is a lot of strawberry, all right. But more like strawberry candy on me than bubblegum, so I'm digging it. Reminds me of Lilith's Loli Dragon? It smells so happy! Like getting a sucker for being a good kid, lol. This is so fun, playful and innocent. Not the bedtime scent I was hoping for, thus far, but not the omg-bubblegum-get-it-off horror I was worried about either. It's lovely.

Dry: Soft strawberry, and a hint of a slightly tropical vanilla. This smells kind of like expensive bath products or something. It`s not the lavender bedtime scent I was hoping for, but it`s fun and playful and lovely. Not something I will wear, but those who love fruity, playful perfumes should try it.

In the decant: Already chewed strawberry bubblegum with a bit of a clean vibe from the other notes.

Wet: The strawberry bubblegum note reigns, but it isn't overly bubblegum-y because the lavender, vanilla, and I'm guessing chalk dust are giving this a shampoo-like quality.

Dry: Well, now it is unfortunately reminding me of the scent of sunscreen after having slathered it on and immersing oneself in a pool. WHAT EVEN.

Verdict: I was hoping for lavender and vanilla, but that is not what I am getting here, sadly. This one is definitely not for me.

Quite lovely at first. Soft lavender with a hint of sweet strawberry gum. Not a fresh as a brand new piece of gum, but slightly chewed. Fades into a dusty, sweet scent, like someone sprinkled chalk over the strawberry and lavender. I was quite excited about this at first, but the end phase ruins this one for me.

Soapy lavender and a hint of sweet strawberry that dries down to a sort of powdery pink bubblegum scent on my skin. The drydown reminds me a lot of the bpal blend 'Motherhood.' Fades very quickly on me.

In the bottle this totally smells like Elmer's glue, but as soon as it hits the skin it turns into dusty lavender-vanilla goodness, with a bit of plasticy, sugary bubblegum. The sugar puts this in the same family as Roof Goblins. 

Extremely reminiscent of Lush's Twilight. A fun, light-hearted, nostalgic scent

Strawberry bubblegum that I get more of the sweet strawberry and less of the bubblegum from with a pile of chalk dust right behind it. I barely get a bit of lavender. Definitely reminds me of drawing on the driveway with chalk and especially of just making colorful piles of chalk dust.

Lavender strawberry chalky bubblegum, the strawberry note itself resembles a lollipop more than gum initially. It fades pretty fast with a low throw. The lavender is the strongest note for a while, it takes about 10 minutes for me to really notice the other notes.

I wanted to love this since I love bubblegum and lavender, but I think the chalk note is just keeping me from fully enjoying it. It's not the worst, but definitely not a big fan of it. I think if the chalk note was more subtle or gone completely, it would have worked better. And while bubblegum can be a fickle note sometimes, it barely shows up and barely stays at all in here.