Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

Potamides

Thanks to the much-needed winter rains this year, my little river nymph was finally able to see the creeks in Eaton Canyon as something other than dry, fawn-beige, tumbleweed-strewn strips of sandwash. In the past, shes always been ambivalent about hiking, but something about the rushing streams and sparkling waters enchanted her, and she fell in love.

Honeysuckle and honey, water lilies and white sage.

Wet, in bottle: A swirly melange of slightly brackish leafy notes. I get a strong, reedy dry grassiness.

Shortly after application: A little bit of mud? Or is that my bias due to the copy? I'm getting more of that sappy green, perhaps the honeysuckle and white sage together. I'm also getting a distinctly fleshy lily note, but unlike others I've experienced before, there's an interesting... cold waxiness to it?

On for a bit: Oh, there's a kiss of honey. I guess that sort of chewy sweetness is what I was detecting changing my usual experience of lily, which is strong, brash, and not at all demure. I think the leafiness is transitioning more and more to sage, as opposed to pure grass. I'm enjoying it.

As time passes, this stays more of a grassy herbal floral, with a little incensy/southwestern smokiness or haziness (more haze!) from the sage. There is an undercurrent of warm honey lurking in the background, and I can detect the honeysuckle as soaring backdrop to the herbal. I think the lilies are rounding out the purely sweet honeysuckle and giving a bit of round waxiness and 'substance' to the scent. This is certainly, to me at least, not an aquatic. I can see it as a warm afternoon spent in a sun-dappled park where daylilies and honeysuckle grow by the side of a stream, with wild sage adding a haze to the air while little bumblebees doddle around, attacking flowers.

Not sure what I have in my collection that resembles this... it's very unique!

This is very honey/honeysuckle forward, with the sage and lilies coming in as a whiff second. I was hoping for a more sagey scent, but this is still quite nice; a refined version of the honeysuckle single note. Not a ton of throw, faded out after a couple hours of wear.

Fresh, watery herbal, very much like walking in a honeysuckle grove after a heavy rain.
Not as icy green as the Honeysuckle SN from a few months ago, the sage gives it a spicier, more earth tone. I am torn on whether I need another sun dappled honeysuckle, but this is certainly different, and a little bottle of flower floating, unicorn stomping happiness.

Edited by Jenjin

Origin: Straight from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: Honeysuckle? Gimmee! Water lilies? I like. Honey? Iffy. White sage? Well, it's white so maybe it won't amp.

In the Bottle: Water lilies with a strong herbal element. So lots of sage.

Wet: All the sage. ALL the sage. The water lilies are now kind of just an aquatic background.

Drydown: Some honeysuckle finally peeks out, but it's still very much water lily and herbal on me.

ETA: Okay, a while later I'm getting some actual honey out of this, but still no honeysuckle that I can find.

Verdict: If you like herbal aquatic scents, you should try this.

Edited by puck_nc

This one is a watery honeysuckle blend. It's clean, Southern, and very honeysuckle. Good throw and wear length.

The honey is barely there, which is good for me, because honey rarely works well on my skin! The rest is like a peaceful, fragrant flower pond; watery and slightly ethereal.

A very calming blend.

Honeysuckle is my new jam, so I had to try this! The other notes could be terrible on me though.

Wet: Sooo pretty. I have never smelled a floral that smelled so utterly like "the outdoors" before. This is stunning. It's sweet, and heady, and so realistic that I can almost feel the sun on my face and hear insects. This is late spring/early summer in a bottle. The honey makes it truly special - those who love a "sugared floral" scent HAVE to try this! Those who live Wild Honeysuckle SN also have to try this. Really, just try it. Can't stop huffing!

Dry: THIS IS SO PRETTY!! I really was not expecting to adore this so much. Lily often smells like wet cardboard on me, and safe smells like Thanksgiving, but this scent is pure magic. Honeyed Honeysuckle is MAGIC. I told myself no more florals - I lied. I need a bottle of this.

IN THE IMP: Very very honeysuckle which for me is a good thing (admit to having been a little leery of the lilies and sage, but loves me my honeysuckle and honey).

Applied lightly to one wrist and crook of arm (to get the dry skin and the wet skin responses).

WET: Honeysuckle and a little honey. Yay! In fact, for me (and YMMV) when wet this is MUCH closer to a SN Honeysuckle than the Wild Honeysuckle SN of a few months ago was, because for me that was very "green" and this is hothouse floral honeysuckle like the bush in my yard.

INITIAL DRYDOWN: Fingers continue to be crossed. The initial drydown remains pure-on honeysuckle.

LATER DRYDOWN: And heeeeere is where the lilies and sage start to pop up which takes me out of my euphoria. Lilies really are not my friend. The throw is VERY long and VERY strong ... to the point that even after taking a shower that night, I could still faintly sniff it in the crook of my arm the next morning (at that point it was back to just honeysuckle).

FINAL VERDICT: This is a tough one for me. I love love love honeysuckle and this is a really good one. The attack of the lilies and sage was very brief (though not much fun). BUT ... given how very little I applied and how long and strong the throw remained on me, I think I would be very reluctant to wear this anywhere for fear of bothering people who do not like smellies. Honeysuckle and that ilk tend to be a love-it-or-hate-it thing.

Looking at my life expectancy versus my box of keepers, I believe both of these (beautifully oversized) imps will be going into the Boobiepalooza box for 2018.

In the decant: The lily note was strongest when this first arrived. After a few days of settling, I can smell all of the notes. The honey and sage make this a lot herbier than I was anticipating.

Wet: Heady, honeyed honeysuckle and lily, with an herbal bite from the sage.

Dry: The honeyed florals continue to dominate (with the honeysuckle being stronger on me), and the white sage continues to linger in the background.

After a few hours, it is mainly honeyed honeysuckle. This is more like the honeysuckle I remember from my childhood than the one found in the Wild Honeysuckle SN.

Verdict: I am glad that I was able to try this. This is a lot headier than I was anticipating, so it's one that I will have to avoid slathering.

I already own the Wild Honeysuckle SN, so I'll have to give this a full-day wear to determine whether or not I really need to have a bottle of both. In any case, I'll keep my decant around, so I can pair it with Nectar hair gloss during the warmer months. :)

In the bottle - God, I love the Liliths. They're so good, every damn year. And this is no exception. It's soft, sweet honeysuckle with a touch of aqua. I'm hoping this is an aquatic that agrees with me.

Wet - Whoa! Hold on, because this is getting grassy and sharp ... and maybe slightly salty?

Drydown - I think it might be the water lily that's keeping me from truly loving this blend. It reminds me of a plant called water hyacinth (basically an invasive water weed that I spent a lot of time clearing out as a kid) so I don't have entirely pleasant associations. An hour in, it morphs to waxy sunscreen. What the heck? By bedtime, it's a faintly pleasant honeysuckle aquatic.

Verdict - This was so so pretty in the bottle. I want to smell the way it does in the bottle, before the water plants took over. I'll have to retest at another time of the month.

This is such a beautiful honeysuckle scent. The extra boost of sweetness from the honey is a great touch. There is a little bit of the water lily, but it's not really floral. It's more watery and leafy. After about an hour of wear, though, I get a lot of sage and not quite so much sweetness. It's still nice, but I miss the honey.

oh my gosh. this is SUCH a memory scent for me. it reminds me of my old home after the rain. we had a field that went to hay every year to use for the farmland assesment, and a creek in the back, and lilac trees up the way... this is the scent of my childhood home after the rain. ah, it almost makes me cry a little. i miss my old home so much.

Trying aquatics now, so hit this up... and maybe somewhere in there is a faint aquatic. I’m overwhelmed by honeysuckle and then lilies in that order. The notes are very true and all I can smell. A little too floral for me though.

Love!! Honeysuckle! Sage! Both notes are very strong and such an amazing combo!! The water lilies make a lovely floral backdrop. The honey accents and brings out the sweetness of the honeysuckle. This is the scent of growing things soaking up sunshine and blooming and thriving.

Edited by tinyvulture

Water lilies drenched in sticky, floral honey. This one is a bit cloyingly sweet upon application and I thought it would be too much, but it settles down and becomes a bit more green and watery as it dries. The water lilies are giving it a dryer sheet kinda vibe but the honey pulls it back into a more manageable territory. Not getting a ton of honeysuckle which is a bummer because it's a favorite note of mine, but it's very pretty nonetheless. Fantastic for lovers of aquatic florals and flourmands!