Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
marilyn eyre

Poke!

On December 30th, Lilith went with a gaggle of her Grownups, her plush alligator, Crocky (there’s a story there), and one of her besties, Camilla, to get their ears pierced by the wonderful people at Studio City Tattoo. When the needle went through, she didn’t scream and she didn’t cry… she growled “FFFFFFFFFffFFfffFfffFffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh” in an attempt to repress the impulse to yell FUCK in the middle of the tattoo shop. Tom and I got new piercings in solidarity, but Crocky, Teddy, and Brian all declined.

Coconut and red currant, red musk, and a pop of surgical steel.

This is like someone mixed Anteros with come coconut. After a while, the steel kind of comes out, like's sun-warmed. Now, Anteros is one of my top 10 GCs, and I love a good, husky coconut. Glad I have this, but don't think a backup is necessary.

All in all, a really robust red musk/currant scent, made a little lighter with the coconut and the steel. Lovely!

This is nice, the musk and coconut come together to make a creamy and light red musk with drops of fruity currant and a "pop" of steel which gives a coolness but is not heavily metallic. Pleasant but not something I need multiples of.

Coconut and red musk. I agree that the pop of steel gives it a little coolness. It's a very creamy, light, coconut musky blend. I think the currants add a tart fruitiness to the coconut (working in the same way that lime would, for example). Refreshing. Good throw and wear length.

Metal is often a death note for me, but all these other notes are faves, so I am giving it a go!

Wet: Wow. I ADORE musk and coconut together, and this doesn't disappoint! The bright tartness of the currant is a really nice counterpoint to the sweet, creamy coconut and fruity red musk. I am not getting the metal note I was dreading (the metal note from Torture Queen and Kataniya smells horrid on me). There is a tiny bit of metal here, but it's the barest hint. The currant and coconut dominate on me. Surprising, I tend to amp red musk, but it's well behaved in this.

Dry: This scent is amazing, probably for about an hour or so - it's summery and bright, and I love it. AND THEN the evil metal sneaks up and totally overwhelms the other notes. It's that same metal note that has ruined everything else for me. :( I guess I should know by now that I cant escape it! Too bad, because I was REALLY loving this.

Wet: Surgical steel and red musk, followed up with coconuts!

Dry: The red musk has taken over! Red musk with red currants and a tiny bit of coconut. Very heavy on the red musk.

I wish the surgical steel had stuck around!

Edited by donkehpoo