Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Mjanefh

Paying Her Respects

Liliths annual visit to St. Louis Cemetery No. 1.

Star jasmine and tobacco leaf.

Well, I'll be darned! I'm the first to review? I'll do my best!

I chose this because of the simplicity of the notes. Just two and I love both! AND I loved the visit through the St. Louis Cemetery No. 1 when I visited NOLA. It's probably my favorite city.

This is very strong and for jasmine lovers. A little goes a long way and it lasted most of the day for me. No need to re-apply. The Star Jasmine is exactly that. The Star of the perfume! Tobacco leaf comes out later and seems to tame and soften the jasmine with it's sweetness. I bet this ages really well!
See? Simple! And I hope it was helpful.

Lovely! The jasmine is light and sweet with just the barest hint of headiness. The tobacco comes out softly as it dries but remains indistinct. This is definitely not a grown up womanly heady jasmine and tobacco blend, it is soft and youthful. The jasmine reminds me a bit of the black jasmine in Mare Vaporum but sweeter and less heady. It has the same dissipating, shadowy effect as it dries.

Light jasmine and a whiff of tobacco leaf. This one is ethereal, ghostly, and delicate. Very shadowy. Medium throw, medium wear length.

In the imp: A whiff of jasmine, carried on the breeze. I kinda want to say there's a thread of tobacco in there, but that might be just me trying to smell the listed notes.

Wet: Still a light, soft, subtle jasmine; not getting any tobacco yet. Ethereal and lovely!

Dry: Hmm, apparently this is the kind of jasmine that goes a bit sharp on me. I was hoping for something in the vein of Zorya P. - a tantalizing, elusive, impossible-to-describe scent, somewhere between floral, herbal, smoky, and sweet. And while this is nice, especially for jasmine lovers like myself, it ain't that. Still, as jasmine SN, this is a nice one!

Strong spicy/soapy jasmine at first. Tobacco, I don't know where you are, but this is a sweet powdery jasmine and it reminds me of being in Mexico so I like it.