Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lorelai1945

Gas Masks and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails

My offspring loves crossbows, gas masks, and kittens. She loves unicorns and rainbows and rhinestones and glitter, insects and Spongebob and fart jokes and whoopee cushions. She has a Nerf arsenal that would make her great-great-great-great-great (so many greats) Grandpa Attila proud, and a sea of big-eyed, rainbow-poofy plushies you could (probably literally) drown in. She loves fashion dolls as much as she loves anatomical models, Legos as much as she loves jewelry, and Hamlet as much as she loves My Little Pony. I love the diversity of her interests, and thatover the yearsshe is finding peace with loving what she loves, regardless of what anyone else might think.

Cotton candy and jellybeans with sugar cookie crumbles and vanilla frosting.

Well....this is sweet! Holy sugar, Batman! On me while wet, this mainly amps a strong, sweet cherry scent. After it dries, I can totally also get whiffs of cotton candy and jellybeans. It's way more candy than cookie or frosting. It's very much as advertised, but I'm not sure it's for me.

I ordered 2 at once of this one, unsniffed, because candy scents lately are the ones I reach for and love the most. I've worn this several times now and have wanted to review it, but am really having a hard time with notes - the jellybeans one, anyways! If anyone is into Lush, this makes me think of the "Rockstar" soap scent but not totally. I love that the sugar cookie crumbs do not take over and make this foody/bakery-ish as those scents can be cloying on me, even if delicious. The jellybeans note is some kind of fruit but not orange yellow black or green....maybe red or purple. Kinda like the purple jelly beans that are nondescript, have a sweet flavor, almost floral at times?? I like this scent a lot and do get the cotton candy but not so much frosting or cookie. LOVE!

Honestly, this smells like red velvet cupcakes and sort of reminds me to MB Closet, but a little less sweet, a little less baked goods, and with a dash of extra vanilla. There's no cream cheese. But it's a sweet, red baked scent that really just seems like red velvet to me.

Goes on all red licorice but settles down fast into soft, red spun sugar.
Not really complex enough to hold my interest, but it is ruby candy sweet.
After a few minutes, I have to get really up close to even smell it.
I just upgraded to a bottle of this because it really is a gorgeous, candy smell and I want to slather.

Edited by Jenjin

In the bottle - Heavy frosting and sugar crystals.

Wet - Less frosting and more smooth candyland goodness.

Drydown - Wow, that was fast. The candy-sugar aspect faded almost as soon as the oil dried, and now it's dry cherry with some frosting. Ten minutes in, there was nothing left.

Verdict - Candy scents are usually glorious on my skin, but this one got absorbed straightaway and there's absolutely nothing left within the hour. It reminds me quite a bit of Monsterbait: Bloody Mary, and I'd love it if it stuck around a bit longer.

In the decant: Crushed jellybeans, followed by cotton candy. (But mostly, crushed jellybeans.)

Wet: Cherry candy, more like a lollipop on me than jellybeans. Then, it turns into cherry Kool Aid.

Dry: Well, now I am getting the waxy coating of the jellybeans. There is a teeny hint of what could be sugar cookie in the background, but it is buried under all of this waxy jellbean.

After a few hours, the vanilla frosting note does appear, but alas, the waxy jellybean still reigns. Woe!

Verdict: I was lured by cotton candy and vanilla frosting, but those things were not the main players on me. Both the phases of this scent weren't particularly pleasant on my skin, so this one is not for me.

Edited by dementia_divine

Straight-up candyfloss with bright, fruity, jellybeans.

Unf. I get the sugar cookie note and the vanilla frosting more later on but for the most part, it's the perfect mix of candyfloss and jellybeans. I need more of this!

When I saw this one I had to get it. Right up my sweet tooth alley and I am not disappointed.

At first it all crushed jelly beans mixed with bubblegum on me.

On the dry down it is all cotton candy deliciousness. LOVE

Lots of cherry jelly beans and cotton candy! This almost reminds me of Jailbait due to the cherry I get from the jelly beans and how the cotton candy almost resembles bubblegum. After a few hours when it starts to fade, the sugar cookie note and a little bit of wax start to appear. Very sweet and fun, would have like the sugar cookie and vanilla frosting to appear more. But regardless, it's still a great scent and one of my favorite Lilith releases I've tried so far!