Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
marilyn eyre

Ego Sum Lux Mundi

Doing her work at the grotto, the International Shrine of St Jude at Our Lady of Guadelupe Chapel in New Orleans.

Frankincense and myrrh with golden amber, green apple pulp, and white pear.

Oh god, I'm first? :blink:

Bottle: Lovely! Pale green apple is the top note, and the frankincense is a nice backdrop. I love frankincense, so I love it!

On skin: oooooh. I like this. The apple fades a little, sadly, so the frankincense takes over, and the pear comes out more. Amber is usually a strong note on me even if I like it, so it's nice that this is more a base note to really nail it to the skin. I don't pick up the myrrh as much, but it usually isn't strong on me.

It's a crisp scent, professional, in a sense. Classy.

Ok, this blend is wonderful!

There was a really beautiful way that the fruits played off of the resins. On me the apple and pear (which seem equal, neither one overtakes the other) brought out the sweetness in the resins and the interplay between the juicy fruits and the dry resins was truly lovely. As it dried down, the fruits faded away a bit, leaving behind a very nice sweet frank/myrhh/amber combo that was delicious.

I have a lot of fruity scents and a lot of resin scents but this is the only fruity resin scent I think I have. It's adds something new and unique to my collection.

This is a surprise win for me, in the past I would never have tried this. So glad I did, may actually be my fave so far. The frank, myhrr and amber provide such a smooth base, so classic and almost warm but the pear and apple top notes give some sweet coolness that make this both snuggle and refreshing at the same time.

A revelation!

Pale green pulp, frankincense and myrrh. This is an odd resinous blend to me. It dries down to a myrrh/frankincense with a touch of amber. Low throw and good wear length.

I got a sniffie of this with a testable amount left, so I decided to try it.

Its pretty much a straightforward green apple and resins scent. There's something about it that comes across as a lightly woody undertone. It's pretty, and even better as the apple fades a bit. I think the pear is there tightly woven with the apple, too, adding some of that green.

It's reviving a particular scent memory that is probably coloring my interpretation some and making it hard for me to say much else about it, but I'm glad I gave it a test!