Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
bulletslc

Do You Like Clowns?

Lilith has been watching Drag Race with me since she was teething, and she has worked with us at every Drag Con. She loves filming promo videos with Tom for the Nobodies events. She loves watching drag makeup tutorials, UNHhhh, and Alaskas videos, and one of her goals in life is to pull off a reveal like Violet Chachkis tartan runway look on the first day of school. So when she heard that Bob the Drag Queen was looking for a little girl for a comedy video, she was all over it. She loves Bob, she loves drag, and she loooooooooves being a big funny ham on stage. Im the worst stage mom in all of Los Angeles history, and she has no headshots and no reelso I sent over a funny photo of Lilith jetlagged and one of her Nobodies vids, and somehow she got the gig. It was one of the best days of her life. Bob and the crew were incredibly nice and friendly, and Lilith had the time of her life. To say thank you, she drew this picture for Bob of the two of them together on a bus bench.

Raspberry ice cream and a smear of black cherry lip gloss.

Literally exactly like the description. A little acrid in the bottle, but once on my skin it turned into a beautiful fruity vanilla a bit reminiscent of my beloved Monsterbait Closet. The vanilla doesn't go plasticy for me and the fruit isn't overwhelming. A foodie win!

Cloying. Purple, candy, the faintest shred of Midway with raspberry(?) and sweetness in a richly scented treat. The dry down allows the strong candy scent to fade a bit, but this is still to gourmand for me.

Wet: Not getting much of a raspberry ice cream scent. This is.. sweet plastic? Must be the "lip gloss". Not a fan so far.

Dry: This is still not awesome on me. :( Do you remember those plastic dolls back in the 90's that would be scented with fruit? This reminds me of that. Sweet, plastic raspberries. :cry2:

I'm hoping that with some aging this bottle will morph into something better, but right now it's not a winner.

Edited by donkehpoo

I mainly get black cherry lip gloss with a smidge of ice cream on the drydown. This actually smells very very similar to Nobodies Watching Wrestling to me, but just slightly softer (also, no leather). Good throw and wear length.

I tried a tiniest drop an boom RASPBERRY!! After 2 hours it becomes raspberry ice cream but at first it's a huge bush of fresh tart raspberries. No cherry lip gloss for me. I love this when it becomes ice cream, I don't mind the fresh raspberry scent but it's really strong so I'm thinking it might be too much for sensitive people around me. I did try this right after I got it so maybe it changes when it settles but I hope not too much. I really don't like clowns but I love this!

turns out I don't. A nice raspberry ice cream in the bottle and on application, but the artificial lip gloss roars in and blots out everything else. Too much for me. my kiddo pronounced it "Gummy bears! YUM!" and insisted on adding it to her collection. So I suppose we have one up and one down vote. :)

My mental association ruined this one for me. If I sniff hard, I smell the raspberry tang from Rasp Sufganiyot with a little something extra which must be that black cherry. And I like it. But that first whiff smelled like Mylar balloon and I can't get past that. Sad.

For me this is all Bonne Bell Lip Smackers cherry lip gloss, the kind in the fat tubes we used to carry in the back pockets of our Dittos. It's an incredibly evocative blast from the past, but it's not what I want to smell like as an adult.

I love me some cherry, I've been looking for a Gothabilly dupe for ages. However, this is too sweet, and too fruity. I do detect a lovely musk under all that mess of fruity sweet, but it is being overpowered. Not for me.

Very sweet black cherry and raspberry lip gloss. I'm not getting any type of ice cream on me, just the fruits and the lip gloss note. It was slightly similar to bubblegum when I first smelled this, but now that it's been on a while the lip gloss note has gotten stronger. It gets a little bit powdery during drydown, but that's fine with me. The throw is also pretty good which I love.

Ok, I thought I reviewed this but I guess not? This was mostly raspberry on me with a dash of the cherry lipgloss. I loved it. It was good times. Oddly enough, my  new, annoyingly thirsty skin chemistry does not eat this the way it does every other fruit-forward perfume, but it's amping the lipgloss note to annoying proportions. As a supportive player, the lipgloss note made this perfume interesting and kept it from being boring generic body spray raspberry. But the cherry part is gone and the lipgloss note is giving Dollar Tree candle x3. Not headache inducing, but distinctly unpleasant. It makes me sad.