Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
AnArtfuldodger

Daybreak

Just a photo of Lilith and Pickle that I took one morning. I love this little human so, so much.

Last night’s lavender drops and a whiff of Pickle’s vanilla coconut pupper shampoo.

Wet: Almost toohpaste-y pupper shampoo scent.

On the drydown: Getting a little more of the lavender and vanilla. Still no coconut. Still predominantly toothpaste dog shampoo (which isn't *bad* but very sinus-clearing -- it's got the same effect on me as a peppermint/menthol scent might. This reminds me of Oof.)

After a little time: This evens out a bit -- I get the lavender, and the more I think about it, I think this is sort of a combination of Oof + TKO on me. It's quite nice, although I'm not sure if it's one I need to keep, as I was really hoping that coconut would come through and on my skin at least, it does not.

In The Bottle: I get a sweet and soft lavender, like a softer variation of the lavender in TKO, without the sugared aspect.

Wet On Skin: It starts to warm up and a sweetness is beginning to emerge- I believe this is the vanilla, as it's kind of a soft, sweet, creaminess that's coming with it.

Dry Down: Vanilla lavender gentle sweet cloud of niceness! I really like lavender, but the scents are usually things I want to wear at night, to fall asleep in. And while I will certainly put this in a nighttime rotation, I am really happy to say I will get plenty of daytime wear out of this scent as well. So much so, that a backup bottle might be in order! This is a really pretty, unassuming scent. I couldn't be happier with it. :wub2:

This is really lovely. It reminds me a lot of TKO (the lavender seems to be the same variety), but it doesn't last as long on my skin, and it doesn't amp the sweetness quite as much. I can get maybe just the faintest hint of coconut in there when this is wet, but I don't really detect it dry. Fantastic as a sleep scent. I definitely still prefer TKO, but this is nice.

Disclaimer, TKO did not work for me and I never figured out why. This scent is much more what I wanted out of TKO.

A sweet herbal lavender backed by a dreamy and completely unplasticy vanilla with just a twist of kind of sweet coconut. Not suntan lotiony, not astringent or too herbal.

Pretty wonderful, and once the feels quotient is added in I think I will need some back ups.

I agree that the lavender is a lot like the one in TKO, but less sugared. There is something airy about it, and just a faint herbal edge. Underneath I get a whiff of creamy coconut. Simply beautiful.

Daybreak is just as described—a downy blend of lavender, vanilla, and coconut. The coconut is really subtle. Like TKO, this would be a great sleep scent. I think it would also make a great 'stay in my PJs until the afternoon' scent, as it's just so mellow and lovely.

Reading earlier reviews, I was worried I wouldn't get the coconut, but I do! When wet, it's mainly Lilith's lavender with vanilla, but as it dries, the lavender mellows out and the coconut becomes more prominent - but it is a vanilla-ed coconut. I blind bottled this because Lilith's lavender, vanilla, and coconut are some of my favorite notes, and I was pretty confident that together it was a total no-duh for me. While this is true, the lavender is the most prominent scent - and I love Lilith's lavender, but I also have several Lilith's with this note, so I was hoping the coconut would be a smidge stronger. Still I will be wearing this A LOT - especially during the summer months.

Very light sent of coconut, that leaves me with the fading memory of TKO. Mild lavender. A little Midway on the drydown.

Finishes with a whiff of the vanilla in Antique Lace.

Coconut + TKO. It's a soft, cuddly scent. If you like coconut and you like TKO, this is a match made in heaven. Medium throw, but great wear length.

The lavender is vanilla creamy and the coconut amps on me in the drydown. It's practically gourmand, I would love a coconut lavender desert like this. Like everyone has mentioned, this is TKO's coconut ice cream sister. I might try this at bed time and see how it compares to my usual TKO hit, but I would like this better as an atmo for my pillows and stuffie snuggles (maybe even my smelly dogs)

Edited by Jenjin

Origin: Straight from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: I like lavender and I like coconut. I'm a big fan of TKO. I'm also a fan of Lilith's Hair Gloss, which was lavender and sweet elements? If I remember correctly?

In the Bottle: Major lavender. I agree it seems like the TKO lavender.

Wet: Major lavender and a sudden pop of coconut.

Drydown: The coconut stays in the background for me, keeping the lavender on the gently sweet side.

Verdict: Glad I got a bottle. This can alternate with TKO sometimes.

Exactly what it says on the tin- Lavender, Coconut, Vanilla. It goes on with a super nice blast of Lilith's lavender, followed quickly by coconut. As it dries, the lavender sweetens and fades and the coconut comes further forward. I definitely see the comparison with TKO as another sweet lavender scent. I would call this a younger cousin to TKO. It's lovely, snuggly, soft, and sweet. I am enjoying the decant I got of it, but am on the fence on if I need an entire bottle as I think I just slightly prefer TKO to this. I might cave and get a bottle for my daughter as a bedtime scent, as the little bit I dabbed onto her pjs smelled divine.

This one is pure sweet lavender on me. I imagine it works well as a sleep blend.

I can't say I am getting any coconut, really. But the lavender note reminds me of the one in The Serpentine, so if you enjoy that one, you might also like this!

Wet: OMG this is so beautiful. Bright lavender and soft powdery vanilla, with sugared coconut. That's what I get. I see others have described this as the same lavender from TKO, but I have to disagree. This is a different lavender, to my nose and on my skin. I like TKO, but I LOVE this. The Lilith lavender scents are my favourite bedtime blends, and this one does not disappoint.

Dry: This is SO GOOD. Sugary vanilla and coconut, with sweet, strong lavender. This is way prettier than TKO on me. TKO is great and effective, but I don't actually adore the smell. THIS, I adore. Will be getting a back-up before they come down.

Wet: Herbal, soft lavender like in The Serpentine.

Dry: Lavender is softer now, with a hint of coconut, and sweet vanilla is rising from the background.

Later Dry Down: A hint of soft lavender, and sweet vanilla. Cozy and perfect!

I wore this one last night before going to bed, as I love lavender for sleepy time:) I find this is definite lavender, with a touch of edible coconut. It is quite nice, but I prefer the non foody version of coconut in my perfumes. This is the toasted variety that is so delicious to eat, and reminds me of coconut cream pie. It doesn't remind me of TKO, it's too sharp for me in that regards. The touch of coconut really just is just a touch. No upgrade necessary, I have so many lavender blends and though this one is nice, I am not wowed.

Edited by milo

This is such an amazing blend. I don't know what I was expecting, but when I opened the bottle it was very different. There is a sharp, medicinal lavender at first and a whiff of something soft hiding in the back. It goes back and forth between being a straight, strong lavender and a whisp of vanilla. After a few hours on my skin, it is soft and beautiful. It smells like freshly washed sheets and sugar cookies with coconut on top... like vanilla lavender ice cream. It is so, so beautiful and it really exemplifies that innocence and peace of early morning. I will need to buy a big bottle! Or hopefully, a gallon!

In the bottle: Lilith's lavender backed by vanilla and a hint of coconut.

Wet: I'm getting more coconut on my skin than I did in the bottle. The lavender reigns, followed by the coconut, and then the vanilla.

Dry: UNNNF. SO AMAZING. The vanilla just keeps increasing in strength. On my wrists, it's all about the soft lavender blending with the vanilla and coconut. The lavender is a lot stronger in the crooks of my elbows.

Verdict: I adore sweet lavender blends (lavender and vanilla combos are my favorite), and this one is no exception! I'm in a cloud of sugared lavender awesomeness! I don't think one bottle will be enough! :heart:

In the bottle: this smells like Lilith's HG!

Wet: okay, this is a nice lavender and coconut!

Dry: Oh hey, it's the Single Note: French Vanilla vanilla in here and unlike the SN:French Vanilla this DOES NOT go to plastic candle hell! It's a nice and simple blend of lavender, coconut, and vanilla and I can tell all three apart on my skin. Bonus: my husband even likes it! I can't wear TKO due to the hell of burning-sugar-dryer-sheet but this, this I can do. It goes great with Lilith's HG at bedtime... I need more!

Verdict: Buy a 2nd bottle.

Wonderful. The coconut is rather hard for me to find but it's there. This settles to a weaker Antique Lace that I may actually prefer with a more typical vanilla note. Not very near TKO. This is a safe purchase if you like lavender. 

Edited by Nilbog

Like everyone else, I get TKO on summer vacation. Daybreak starts with nearly straight up lavender, but as it dries, the coconut/vanilla softness makes an appearance. I have a smidge of TKO atmo left (never tried the actual oil), but I actually prefer Daybreak as a sleep scent. I confess I haven't worn it as a daytime scent for fear I'll just curl up in a snuggly ball somewhere and get nothing done.

The lavender is similar to last year's Waiting, but the coconut & vanilla make this a warmer scent. I really enjoy the coconut and this was wonderful to wear to sleep.

Yep, TKO with coconut instead of marshmallow. Lovely and comforting scent, and like others, I think I'll wear it for sleep.

Coconut TKO.

I bought this because although I use lavender essential oil all the time for a variety of reasons, I found myself wanting a really good solid lavender perfume to reach for when the fancy took me. THIS fits the bill oh-so perfectly. The lavender is louder than the coconut but together, along with that bit of vanilla, they make a snuggly and soothing and just creamy-dreamy blend that I just know will be finding a new home on my bedside table rather than falling in line with the rest of my BPAL scent wardrobe. This is absolutely heavenly.

Coconut TKO, as others have said.

Except something else, too. There's a hard candy smell mingling with the lavender that reminds me of something I tried last year.

Maybe Pere Noel? Yes, just checked: Pere N. also had a "lavender candy" note. Otherwise, it was quite different. But the hard lavender candy smell in Daybreak makes me think a little bit of winter because of it!