Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

Admete

On the last day of school, some of the families get together at the beach to celebrate the onset of summer break. It was cold, grey, and overcast, but that was hardly daunting for this little Oceanid. Lilith and her friends splashed and played in water I couldn’t put a toe into. She boogie boarded for the first time that day and fell in love. The beach bunny I have now is a far cry from the Tiny Virgo who wouldn’t go near the sand because she didn’t want her Doritos to get dirty.

Driftwood and sea salt submerged in a marine layer, a touch of sweet carnation, bright neroli, and a sandy strip of kelp.

So my past few years' worth of experience with oceanic and coastal BPAL has not always ended well, since the sea salt note = tortilla chip on me. Apparently I'm made of GMOs, and become quite snackable when that specific ocean-themed accord strikes my fur.

I am a sucker for anything marine and ocean themed, though, so, well, of course this ended up with me.

Wet in bottle: A bit more on the cologne/sweet marine musk in the bottle. Not too much of the slight corn-chip that I get from some sea salt blends. Maybe a hint of green snap at end, Ogygia-kelp-style.

On skin: Whoa, 180! Swish and swirl and KELP me, baby. There's a swift whoosh of neroli, and the marine/cooler musk I initially detected gets uplifted by a slightly citrus-blossom whisper, and then I get that rising golden neroli hum and yellow-gold aura. The kelp asserts itself briefly, but doesn't overwhelm, although it does give me a bit of a Beaver Moon (non cheesecake) and Sturgeon Moon vibe.

Drying: Once it's had a bit more time to settle, I can get salt, but amazingly it's not making me into a bag of Paqui chips, it's a little bit of spikeyness overlying the scent, which is segueing quite nicely into a bit of a dry-ish but subtle wood. It's definitely a quiet wood in the background, maybe a gentle soft cedar or even sandalwood-type whisper. It's still wrapped in kelp, draped just so.

It's fading pretty fast on me at this point, but after longer wear, it sits close to my (man) skin, mostly salt and a quiet seaweed, supported by a swoosh of aquatic musk and neroli. Since neroli is sometimes recruited in modern colognes, I do get more of a 'mainstream' vibe from this but it is eminently wearable and I'd recommend this to anyone who likes a good BPAL aquatic. No corn chips here! It's like a softer A Fit of Artistic Enthusiasm, which is one of my all time faves.

There's a watery, tropical, kelp and marine musk. It's very Sturgeon Moon, with a touch of salt. Medium throw and wear length.

This is the first oil that's taught me they really do need to settle a lot before choosing to swap away. I did not like this at first. Trying it on now I am so happy I kept it! It's salty feminine kind of musky maybe, I don't really know how to describe it. I recognize the carnation holding it together. The neroli sparkles a bit. I just love it and look forward to a bottle.

In bottle: Way more conventional perfumey than one would expect from the description.  The neroli is dominant with a touch of spice from the carnation.  The driftwood reminds me of a softer, wetter sandalwood, very sexy.  the other sea based elements are a gentle canvass on with the brighter elements are displayed.  Well constructed and surprisingly feminine.  Wet: Far more aquatic with the neroli providing an intriguing tang.  Closer to androgynous now, a rich sexy classic aquatic with an unexpected brightness and subtlety.  Dry: Driftwood with a soft aquatic.