Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
PersimmonSeeds

So Judgey Hair Gloss

A splash of gin, bitter lemon, and spiky juniper berries.

One of the friends I attended DragonCon with ended up buying a bottle of this for the name alone and I was pressured into trying it for comparison. (she never got around to trying it with me, though)

I am not a fan of lemon, but this in the bottle was really pretty. Kind of a syrupy sweet, clean, sparkling citrus blend on first sniff.

I usually do about 4 squirts into my bleached, very short hair but only did 2 of this because I was scared of the lemon note making me nauseous. It went in fine, a very crisp scent. For only a few squirts this had great throw, the fizzy sweetness was at the front. What I assumed was the gin and juniper. There was a green edge to it, more piney than leafy/grassy.
Then the lemon started to creep up...
It wasn't an unpleasant lemon at all, but edged on more than I could bear. It wasn't very bitter to me, and thankfully not like lemon scented cleaner. It was crisp and light.
I didn't get a boozy feel or scent through the wear, but the gin was there.

I didn't fall in love with this but I enjoyed wearing it. I especially enjoyed it at the end of the day when it was super light and breezy in my hair. I smelled very clean even though I had been sweating all day at the con. It almost reminded me of dryer sheets at that point, but not at all in a bad way.
By the next morning before my shower it was faintly there as a tiny whiff of piney juniper berries.

This is really pretty. It smells like champagne ginger ale. I'm a big fan of gin scent, so maybe I'm biased, but I may have to buy a back up bottle. :)

I did not expect to love this as much as I did. It's this fizzy gin with bitter lemon. It's bright, citrusy and refreshing. mr. zee_zee said it smelled like ginger ale. I love it!

Oh, my goodness! Finally, a scent I have been craving in HG! It is that lovely BPAL fizzy ginger ale/champagne note I am addicted to!! The lemon in here is light, not bitter at all and the juniper berries add a perfect touch of that gin vibe without being boozy.

Mix of cream soda and ginger ale on me. I get the fizzy, soda and lemon part. In addition, it's surprisingly sweet on me, in a particular creamy way.

Oh my dear lord. OK I need a gallon drum of this. It's what I wanted from Pop-Out Eyeglasses and Vibrating Motel Bed. Light, lemony, fizzy soda goodness. Like a really good cocktail that's sooo balanced and refreshing it annihilates you if you're not careful. If you love 21, Shade, or any of the other Champagne blends... watch out, because I'mma be hoarding this one, dragon style.

Finally getting around to reviewing this one!  I forgot how much I love it.  On me, it's a sort of bitter lemon, almost spa-like, smells like a fancy high-end cocktail. Definitely a bit of the fizz/champagne thing going on also but it's not the star of the show; on me, the bitter/herbal lemon is.

Bought this on a whim and good gods I love it so much. It sounds just like a delicious cocktail in the bottle but doesn't smell overtly boozy. The lemon is so good - not too sour and a touch bitter. I don't think I can pick out the juniper berries, only because the gin I do like actually has juniper notes, so this altogether is amazing to me. This is overall a lovely crisp and light scent! Good throw. I wish I could have a back-up of this!

Layered this with Strawberries & Honeycomb today and it is such a gorgeous strawberries and champagne/ginger ale punch thing!  Sweet, fresh, crispy, and light!