Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Soupy Twist

Badgered by Dragons

Dark chocolate, coffee absolute, sugar cane, caramel, and tobacco.

Cocoa in the bottle — the same as in the Milk Chocolate etc. from this year's Box of Chocolates and from El Dia de los Reyes. Goes on as cocoa with a touch of dusty cinnamon. Continues to dry into the dusty, spicy cinnamon, not cinnamon oil, although there's a wee burn for a bit. No coffee, sugar cane, or caramel. The tobacco note which develops is the smoky, burnt tobacco of French Tobacco, not the high "white" note of Sherlock Holmes or the foodie tobacco.

If you like French Tobacco, this is for you. I was hoping for something more foody, and I'm disappointed that I didn't get any of the middle notes.

I will say this is a great draconic scent, so kudos to the Lab for coming up with something dragony which didn't involve "dragon's blood" for once! :D

On me, this has the smooth muskiness of Morocco. Unexpected and the notes are light, well blended but all present. Tobacco, like french tobacco, is the most prominent, sugar cane and cocoa second, caramel 3rd. Badgered is wonderful! Its kinda just a smooth, blonde musk. Totally not as heavy as I thought it would be but the throw is strong and it lasts for hours.

I get mainly cocoa, sugar, caramel, a whiff of chewy tobacco. Coffee appears to have take a look at the chocolate trifecta and hightailed it straight out. It's a smooth, cozy, chocolate. The tobacco keeps it from being too sweet or sugary. But still a very chocolate blend. Medium throw and wear length.

Sniffing in the bottle... I do get the connection to El Dia Los Reyes, but lighter to me. Cocoa and cinnamon.

On skin, I also get a dusty cocoa, but there is something else peeking out...maybe it's the tobacco. but it almost has some sort of underlying floral to it or musk...???? The sugar cane maybe is making it smell like that?

Drydown on me I am not detecting caramel or coffee in it... it is nice, low throw on me, but mostly just dry cocoa and the tobacco. I was hoping this would be more foody-ish and it is a teeny bit, but not sure this is for me.

Edited by Numanoid

This starts as a blast of big, chewy, in-your-face caramel and sweet pipe tobacco with some spiced cocoa steaming in the background. It softens almost immediately to a dry, sweet burnt sugar-and-caramel dusted with cocoa, plus the mellow blonde tobacco that I associate with the Ares blends (closer the Bulgarian than the French, which smells like ashtray to me). After a while I start to get a black sweetened demitasse coffee note in the background, but at no point does this read as a coffee blend. The caramel-and-tobacco combination reminds me a tiny bit of Red Lantern, but the cocoa and milk chocolate notes stay in the forefront. I also get an on-again, off-again hint of spicy Mexican chocolate.

Unlike 99% of the Lab's chocolates, it never goes plastic on me. So if you have that specific problem with blends like Bliss, it might be worth trying Badgered.

Mellow, sweet, dry, and only slightly foody.

The best way I can describe this is rugged. The tobacco really amps and the way it blends the the coffee turns all dirty on me, and dare I say masculine. Strangely, this dragon turned to floral cologne on me, but I can definitely see the right person smelling like a powerful beast slathered in coffee-coco-chew.

Edited by Jenjin

I had really hoped for tobacco with this as it's one of my favorite scents but this bottle has been sadly disappointing.

In the Bottle: VERY cocoa. Super chocolate to the point where I can't smell anything else. I don't care for fake chocolate scents and this one had me a little worried from the start.

Wet: Still super chocolate. I'm not honestly smelling anything at all else.

Dry: After a bit there is indeed some tobacco but it's not the kind I'd hoped for. It's a deeper, muskier tobacco that is still laden heavily with chocolate.

All in all, not for me. I have two bottles due a mixup in ordering but I'll just see if they can go to someone else who will enjoy this.

Wet: Tons of dark rich chocolate. I don't get the other notes immediately. It's all about the chocolate.

Dry: Still mainly chocolate (a rich, gorgeous, dark chocolate that is somehow still a bit creamy) but now I can detect a sweet French tobacco-like note. It's really lovely. I have way too many chocolate scents, and have been trying to cull them, but this may be one that I keep.

someone sent me a sniffie of this and my daughter (6 y/o) stole it because IT SMELLS JUST LIKE CHOCOLATE CAKE OMG! i need to find a bottle of this although good luck with that one!

Mostly chocolate. I got it since others mentioned French Tobacco, but chocolate remained the overwhelming note here. It's really nice, but I already have a few chocolate scents i love.

The scent cloud on this one for me is very much in line with "chocolate cake," but if I get in and sniff my skin where I've applied it, I get more of the tobacco and coffee. Tremendously cozy and warm. 

Snagged from the Lab's Etsy!

Definitely chocolate cake! A rich, dark, fancy one - the kind that's made with some espresso and caramelized brown sugar bits, to enhance the Dark Chocolate Depths. I like it!

The Husband also immediately said "chocolate cake?" as soon as I opened it (he was sitting next to me), so we're in agreement on that!