Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
renfair

Lilith's Loli Dragon

Mod Note: This perfume was first available at the August 2017 LA Lunacy event, and a small release was also made available on the BPTP Etsy store.

Dragon's blood lollipop with a touch of strawberry!

Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow! This is my first "first" review! I'll try to do it justice, since this is such a special little scent :)

First Sniff Impression: Not what I was expecting? Like a light lollipop smell with something floral like honeysuckle.

Wet in Vial: It a light, fruity floral in the bottle. Almost like a nice shampoo or similar to Kamisuki.

Drying Down on Skin: Drying down I'm wondering "Where's the dragon's blood?" or really "Do I even know what dragon's blood smells like?!" Cause it's like this nice lily of the valley meets honeysuckle floral with pink strawberry lollipop. So then I went and looked up Dragon's Blood and found out I don't think I've ever tried a BPAL Dragon's Blood before, except for Bloodlust, which to me was very overpowering with the red musk, patch, and vetiver. So this is an interesting experience! It's definitely not what I was expecting it to be looking at the notes after I went ahead and blind bought it on an impulse :laugh:

Dry on Skin: Dry this really reminds me a lot of Kamisuki Hair Gloss from this past year's Trading Post Lupers: a similar blend of floral plus fruity that can't be classified as only one or the other. The floral aspect is a little more "wildflower" than the Kamisuki Asian floral is to me, but the strawberry note is very similar. It has a "nice shampoo" type smell, very "commercial-friendly" if you needed a scent that doesn't scream PATCHOULI! or something for the workplace. I'm also pleasantly surprised because about 2/3 of the time with a floral scent I tend to amp those notes until I can't get anything else and it becomes sort of ruined old lady cologne on me. And I'm not getting that at all here. It's very balanced.

Conclusion: I was very, very happy to get to try this. Knowing the story behind its creation was super cute, too! It's really a great one for people who want something pretty, fruity, and feminine. And it makes me really want to try other BPAL blends with Dragon's Blood in it! Brava, Lilith! :wub3:

Lilith certainly inherited her mom's talent for blending. Her scents aren't as complex, obvi, but they are lovely. And as exuberant and fleeting as childhood itself.

This is all fun and candy and a day at the fair with dragons! Dragon's blood can be an iffy note on me, but it's perfect here with the candy sweet strawberry, which is one of my favorite notes.

You'd think the strawberry candy would be the top note and fade out quickly, but it's the resin that seems to recede to the background after saying HELLO! The strawberry candy lingers long after the dragon falls asleep, like the stickiness on a child's cheeks and fingers after a day at the fun fair.

Love it!

Strawberry candy with a soft base of dragon's blood resin. This is a sweet, sugary blend. I'm surprised at the longevity of the strawberry note. This is that delightfully sweet and fresh strawberry note that we saw in Strawberry Moon. Sweet enough to rot your teeth out. On the drydown I get a slightly lily vibe from the DBR, which makes again the comparison to Strawberry Moon stronger.

Strawberry Moon's little sister amped up on sweetness and sugar. This one goes to 11.

Thank you so much to the sweet friend who snagged this for me! <3

Wet: Dragon's blood is a note I sometimes struggle with, but this is the more "floral" less spicy DB note, to my nose. I also pick up hints of green with the strawberry that make this totally delightful. The DB almost smells like lilacs to me? Which works amazingly with the strawberry. I thought this would be candy sweet, made ever sweeter by DBR, but instead it's a fresh, natural smelling strawberry floral scent. It's quite beautiful, and not at all what I expected. It makes me hope that Lilith will continue to make perfumes - she certainly has a flair for it!

Dry: It sweetens up a bit more as it dries, and turns more from a fresher strawberry note to the more candy-like strawberry I was expecting. It's still totally lovely though, and there are still enough floral DB hints to keep it out of the realm of sickly sweet. It's a very innocent scent, and I really enjoy it, but would likely keep it even if I didn't - made by Lilith, and with that label, how could I not? <3

In the bottle: whoa, I can smell it before I even open it! Dragon's blood lollipop for sure.

Wet: The dragon's blood is the most prominent note, backed by tons of sweet fruity berries that I wouldn't have identified as strawberry specifically. Despite it being a floral dragon's blood, this actually smells more like what I expected from Lady Macbeth... not sure what that says about how I perceive wine. It doesn't do the horrible sour thing Lady Macbeth does on me though!

Dry: Now I can tell there's strawberry in here! It balances out the dragon's blood very nicely. Simple but lovely.

Decent throw, only lasted a few hours on my skin but that's not unusual for me. Glad I was able to catch this on etsy!

Candied dragon’s blood with a little candied strawberry (like the strawberry hard candies with the gooey centers). I only recognize the Dragon’s blood bc of Kwamie Cotton, and while I enjoy it, I think I like it better with the cotton than with the strawberry. Still may be a keeper though, I will let it rest and then try again. Kwamie Cotton is one of my favorite scents period so comparing probably is not fair =p

I tested this one at Drag Con, even though dragon's blood is an iffy note on me and I'm not very fond of strawberry scents.

Loli Dragon was all strawberry hard candies on me. Like those ones with the wrapper that looks like a strawberry. I didn't get the dragon's blood, but that may be because it was candied dragon's blood, or because my nose was worn out by that point, and I was only smelling the strawberry lollipop.

I did not end up grabbing a bottle for myself, since I do not want to smell like strawberry candy, but if you do, you should seek out this one! :)

Wet: Sticky-sweet dragon's blood.

Dry: Sugary sweet dragon's blood. The sweetness isn't necessarily reading as "strawberry" to me, but I definitely agree that this is what a dragon's blood lollipop would smell like. Right up my alley!

Strawberry, dragon''s blood, lollipop's, I think I almost get a hint of honeysuckle.

It's so lovely. It's one of my favorites now. I love it so very much!

This was a scent I hunted forever but was sadly disappointed when I caught it. It was a bitter strawberry and weird powder scent on me. Nothing like Dragon’s Milk which is what I wanted. Weird. The label was adorable though. It also had low throw and not much staying power. Passed it on to another hunter. Hope it works better for them. ;)

First up, I get lots of dragon's blood and strawberry-candy lolly. Quite red.

As this dries, I also get some creaminess and a little vanilla. And the dragon's blood note turns floral.

It is what it says it is, but a little prettier than I anticipated for the listed notes alone.

At long last- my own bottle of Loli Dragon! Woot!

In The Bottle: A light, slightly tart strawberry.
Wet On Skin: More of the same. Like a lighter version of 2009's Strawberry Moon, dandelion sap and all.
Dry Down: Strawberry candy sugar eaten inside a LUSH store. :eek:
Which is to say, it's sweet, lightly candy-ish, but also an element of something non-edible, like a strawberry shampoo or bubble bath or glycerine soap.

I'm going to revisit this on a warmer day, I suspect it'll be more what I need when it's hot outside ;)