Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
SardonicGinger

Wild Honeysuckle

Review Mod Note: There is an existing review topic for a Honeysuckle single note, located here. Because this single note has a different name (Wild Honeysuckle), a new review topic has been created.

[No additional description provided.]

This single note is exactly what you'd expect - Wild Honeysuckle.

Wet to dry, it maintains fragrance well, like I would expect from a single note.

Since this is by far my favorite floral scent in the world, I had to buy it as soon as I saw it, and it has not disappointed at all. I didn't put on a lot, but it's been over 12 hours and this scent is still wearing wonderfully on me. Even sitting in my car with the air on, I could smell it.

It's not overpowering, but on me it's certainly noticeable. A friend of mine thought it was Gardenia, but she also admitted she's never really been around honeysuckle before.

I am beyond happy with this scent, and since it's a limited edition, I definitely intend to buy more before it runs out!

Origin: Straight from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: I have a precious original tarted imp (handwritten tied-on label from the very first year or two of the Lab) of SN Honeysuckle which I love to sniff. It goes a touch soapy on my skin but is still mostly bright honeysuckle. Which is one of my favorite scents ever. Of course I was going to try a new single note.

In the Bottle: Very honeysuckle, a little more green than the very aged original.

Wet: Intensely floral but maintaining that thread of green like a vine tangled with other bushes.

Drydown: It settles into a quiet rich honeysuckle. There's a hint of soapiness but not enough to detract from the scent.

Verdict: A most excellent pure honeysuckle for fans of the note!

Edited by puck_nc

The only thing I like about the arrival of summer each year is the honeysuckle. We have tons of it growing wild around my house, so every time I open the door, the smell hits me in the face and makes me happy. When this SN went live, I said, "HELL YES," and bought it immediately.

This smells like opening the front door in early summer. It perfectly captures the scent of honeysuckle vines growing wild, draped over trees and bushes and climbing everywhere they can reach.

It's medium throw on my skin -- I can smell it wafting up from my wrists as I type, but it's not overwhelming my office. The scent has lasted for several hours so far without disappearing. I abso-freakin'-lutely love it. :heart:

It's a "green" sweet wet floral in the bottle and when first applied. A little goes a long way- even before fully dried, this stuff has some THROW to it! It's lush and beautiful, though. I am picky in my florals, but I knew I needed to invest in a bottle and I was right. It's definitely got some green vine in the mix, but the flower essence is holding its own. I honestly don't know how much I'll wear this on my skin, but I can see using this in an oil burner in the dead of winter to bring summer's warmth close to me for sure. :wub3:

I have been hoping for a honeysuckle single note since the single notes returned, so as soon as I saw this was a thing, I bought two bottles.

In the bottle: That's honeysuckle, alright.

Wet: It's somewhat reminiscent of the honeysuckle found in Nectar hair gloss, Nice Glop, and Shanghai, but it's different because it has a green quality to it, like honeysuckle that's still on the vine. It reminds me of the honeysuckle that my grandmother had in her garden in California when I was a child.

Dry: It does not remind me of the honeysuckle from the aforementioned scents anymore. It's still sweet, but it's a different kind of sweetness now, as if there had previously been a blast of sweet nectar, but now it's just the sweet floral. It's pretty strong, too.

Verdict: I'm so glad this single note is a thing, but I am still hoping for a sugary honeysuckle scent without the greenery (like Nice Glop) to slather myself with.

Full floral realistic honeysuckle with loads of powdery yellow pollen.

Though mostly realistic, it's also not unlike a honeysuckle candle I had once. If anyone had the Pat the Bunny book as a child, this flower smells like that book.

Medium to light throw, becomes light but still present after four or five hours.

I'm so glad that I was able to get a bottle of this. I'm more into florals this year and this one smells mostly natural, like soft petals with that floral-vanilla-honey sweetness and a touch of wet greenery. It turns very sweet and heady on me.

A lot of Bpal scents lately have no staying power or throw on me, but Wild Honeysuckle is noticeable for about ten hours on my skin.

I feel like I'm wearing exotic, sweet, sensual, true wreaths of flowers when I have this on.

Up until now, the only scent where I had really been able to smell honeysuckle was Badgers, which I adore, so I had to get this!

Wet: Juicy, honeyed floral. This is beautiful! It's such a warm, glowing floral note. It almost smells fruity also? LOVELY. Like, astoundingly good for just a floral single note. This makes me need to try ALL THINGS HONEYSUCKLE. It might be a new favourite floral, which is exciting, because I have been moving away from floral scents lately.

Dry: Utterly beautiful. I had no idea how much I love honeysuckle, but it's a new favourite floral note for sure. Really glad I snagged a bottle of this - it's a sweet, fresh, juicy floral scent that I will wear a lot in warmer months.

If the Green Fairy had a scent, it would be this! This is a very clean, refreshingly cold scent. It reminds me of honeysuckle within a dewy, flower-filled green field, sparkling with tiny raindrops on creamy petals. What a wonderful, true honeysuckle smell, but i'm also getting green notes of I think melon rind, crushed vine and perhaps a bit of musk. I can't wait to wear it in the winter months to come, it will certainly complement chilly, rainy yet bright days and bring much beauty.

Edited by Jenjin

The honeysuckle that grows wild (or feral?) in my area is thick and boozy and intense and smells almost exactly like the much-missed (by me, anyway) Hemlock Honey (quite often I had someone tell me I smelled like honeysuckle when I wore it). I've been hoping for a honeysuckle soliflore since the Apiary got discontinued. This is pretty close, to the extent that it smells like a weak, watery version of the real thing. Might resemble some other species of honeysuckle more closely, but compared to what I'm used to, it doesn't have the sweetness or the heat.

It's a well-done scent, but for me, a little disappointing.

When I was, I dunno, 10 maybe, I had a little cylinder of solid perfume — basically Chapstick, but scent — which was lily of the valley. This is exactly that scent.

It's very pretty, a little green, a little waxy, and I like it a lot, but absolutely lily of the valley and not honeysuckle.

I initially passed on this, as I thought it would be extremely heady, heavy tropical floral. After reviews, I hunted down a decant and I'm happy to say I was wrong. I have a honeysuckle, but it doesn't smell, unless the scent comes out at night. It is a Northern variety, though, and it looks different than some of it's southern cousins. This is sweet, but in an airy, fresh way. It smells like late spring, on a hot day when bees are buzzing around all the flowers. A little goes a long way, and I'll be sure to apply sparingly next time. Contemplating another imp or partial, as it really is strong and I don't foresee me using it a lot, only in warmer months.

I had to get a bottle of this--wild honeysuckle is one of the scents of my childhood in (then) small town Texas, where I would catch a hint of honeysuckle while walking down side alleys on a hot summer day. And yes, the Lab got it perfect. Pure honeysuckle, soft and sweet. Definitely a hot-weather scent, wonderful!

At my old house, we had a honeysuckle bush that got so big it all but took over one corner of our yard. This smells almost exactly like it! Absolutely beautiful. It has great throw and seems like it would be wearable in just about any season--it has a quality like several of the lab's "cool" florals, but there's an almost citrusy quality that seems great for hot weather. Overall quite versatile and more nuanced than I expected for a single note.

I have spent years trying to find a perfume that smells just like honeysuckle, only to show up right as places no longer sell one. Most recently, I just got into BPAL this past fall, just missing this limited release. I bought my bottle about a week ago from sixthsentinel here on the forums, and I am happy to say my search is now over.

I wasn't sure initially because on first sniff it wasn't exactly what I had expected. While it has grown on me, this is a bit off from the honeysuckle I have known since childhood. My first impression was that it smelled far away and slightly musky. After a few days, I tried actually wearing it to see if that changed anything. I am not sure if it is a change in perception from letting go of my expectations or a skin chemistry thing, but it feels closer to summer days outside in Virginia than it first did. It also is still noticeable around 8 hours post application, which is simply wonderful for me. I don't have a good idea on how much throw this has for me, but I will try to remember to add that here if/when I get feedback.

Overall, I love this, but my initial impression was hesitant due to preconceived expectations and maybe also regional differences in honeysuckle smells.

Bright, bold honeysuckle, with wildflowers and green grass faintly in the background. This note is strong and long-lasting. I'm still smelling it 8 hours later. I prefer it once it dries down, when it goes all sweet and powdery. Reminds me of the honeysuckle that thrives here in the spring, a very true floral perfume.

Such a lovely, true honeysuckle scent! It's for sure in your face with lots of throw and a little goes a long way. But it's also a soft, sweet floral, without the slightest bit of soapiness. Utterly in love with this one!

In the bottle: A wild honeysuckle bush in a grassy field!

Wet on skin: Slightly warmer, but about the same as in the bottle

Dry on skin: A little dustier & muskier, but similar to how it smelled wet.

After a few hours: Very subtle & slightly beeswaxy, but the honeysuckle note is still there if you’re looking for it. A sweet & subtle perfume.

Verdict: Not the most exciting BPAL I own, BUT very pretty & sweet, without being particularly foodie. It’s quite subtle not long after it dries down, so it’s good for when I don’t want anything too dramatic, but still want something unusual!

powdery, dusty honeysuckle. Slightly more green, and less sweet than most BPAL honeysuckle notes I've smelled. It's quite lovely, and could be that scent, that wild, lush, green honeysuckle, but alas, my skin turns this incredibly soapy. Like, exactly how soap bubbles smell. Which, I'll admit is quite nice and reminds me of summer back in the day, but I don't know if I'd wanna smell like that. Too bad, lot's of potential, just doesn't work on me. 

In the bottle: Exactly what it says on the tin. Fresh, slightly green, slightly nectar-y pure honeysuckle. It takes a very faint powdery edge once on, but it's not super noticeable, and morphs very little otherwise. Medium-ish throw, and pretty good staying power (7 hours later, it's still faintly detectable on my wrists). Spring and early summer in a bottle, basically; glad I came across a secondhand bottle.