Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Eclipses be predicted
And Science bows them in
But do one face us suddenly
Jehovahs watch is wrong.

Emily Dickinson

Rose amber, carnation, and clove.

How has no one reviewed this one yet? I've worn it 2 of the last few days since I tried it! Now 3 while I give this short review before work.

It just smells like warm happy days! It is a bit drier than the usual scents I don. The scent is incredibly well balanced. It kind of gets that glowy feeling to it that some scents get. Where the scent is radiating off your skin in a warm subtle way that is difficult to describe.

On me, the carnation is the strongest note. The rest of the notes balance and enhance the carnation. The amber giving additional body, the clove bringing out the spice notes of the carnation more.

It's a bit heavy and fall like, the luckily plays well with heat in the summer as well!

I am in love!

Dry, slightly sour amber powder from bottle to extreme dry down. Zero clove or carnation.

Gambled and lost but maybe aging will redeem it.

Close to The Forest at Sundown. or whatever that one was that had pink amber. A very nice amber and pink rose with enough spice to prevent it from turning too soapy.

Sharp, soapy rose, amber that immediately turns to overwhelming baby powder scent on my skin, and hints of dry, spicy, floral cloves. Dries down to 80% powder, 15% screechy rose (reminds me of hair spray in the drydown), and 5% hint of nice clove. Way too powdery for me.

Clovey roses and a whiff of carnation. I am really digging whatever clove note the Lab has been using recently. Good throw and wear length.

This sort of reminds me to the BPTP Red Rose blend.

The clove sort stomps all over this for a while, but I get a nice spicy amber and carnation after a few hours of wear.

IN THE IMP: Spicy carnation and clove with a slight softness and a tiny bit of soap.

WET: Definitely carnation-spicy! Almost single note carnation on first sniff but then it's offset by the powdery rose and the mellowing amber. Minimal clove at all. I am loving the whiffs I get when I'm typing. Not overpowering at all.

INITIAL DRYDOWN: The clove, she is rising.

FINAL DRYDOWN: In the end, too powdery for me (the rose). It's not soapy to my nose, it just loses the spice and goes too sweet.

... It goes into the Boobiepalooza Package of Awesome (a yooge package of awesome sniffies et al I'll be raffling off For The Boobies. Stay tuned).

In the wet stage: this is beautiful! delicious amber, spicy, comfy and warm. I want to roll in this.

The middle stage: heavy heavy HEAVY carnation. Way too much for me, but if you're a carnation fan you are in in luck.

The final stage: this is turning into 1950s grandma's living room ROSE. It's not a bad scent, but it's not something I want on my body. Sigh. Maybe I'll try it in a scent locket.

Edit: wait. WAIT, it's turning clovey. I thought it was at the dry downstage but I was wrong. It's going powdery clove but in a good way. Hmm. Now I'm not sure how I feel about it. I might need to try it again.

Edited by velvet

I don't get soap from this.  Perhaps it's b/c my imp is aged, or perhaps it's b/c I amp clove.  This is a gentle clove scent on me, sweetened by a hint of the sugary carnation and rose in the background.  I don't know if I love it, but it doesn't read as grandma or anything bad to me.  It's feminine.  Maybe a bit mysterious and maternal.  It's a tad incensey.  Rosy glow is a good descriptor.   Hmmmm.... I'll have to wear this one a bit more and see if it grows on me.  As of yet, not bad... but not a love.  

ETA:  So after wearing this around for most of the day, I've decided I officially like it.  Don't know if I'll hunt down a bottle, but if one ended up finding its way to me,  I wouldn't mind.  :smile:  No soap.  Only a tad bit of rose.  Mostly a gentle, warm carnation scent on me, with the amber grounding it and keeping it from just being pure floral.  

Edited by VetchVesper

Wet: AMBER and cloves.  Hrm.  

Dry: There was rose clearly for a hot minute but this has given way to flowery soap on my skin.  As others have said, it's not unpleasant but this one may not be for me.

Rose, rose, rose. I'm a spice fiend and could barely find the carnation and cloves in the first hour, then all rose after that point. Someone else will love this.