Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
gloame

Battery-Operated Prop Chainsaw

Vetiver and lubricant painted over distressed plastic.

I didn't pick this one up, but I did test it at the Midsummer Scream yesterday. Going off my memories to help others who may find a bottle on forums/Ebay and want to try it.

On first sniff, this was like a mechanic's shop. The lubricant had that... blackened with skidding tires vibe to it. It smelled like chemical smoke, you know, the kind that comes up blue instead of grey when it's burning. Howeverrrrr! On drydown, it was actually kind of lovely. I couldn't place the notes, but it smelled more... smooth and natural. Less chemical and frightening. It had a low throw, but I found it still on my skin when I got home about 7 hours later.

I also think my cycle could be throwing off my interpretation of this because a lot of the Act IV Carnavals smelled like bubblegum to me yesterday, and I don't think they normally would. So take this review for what it's worth!

Where I'd wear it: Talladega tailgating ;P

Loads of smoky vetiver and a whiff of motor grease. This smells like a dirty mechanic. The type that can goes to work on your undercarriage. Of both kinds. You won't come out pristine, but I don't think you'll mind the ride. Dirty, masculine, strong. Good throw and wear length.

Okay, I have a nasty cold so YMMV. But wow, this is exactly as described. Vetivert with plastic and strong chemical smoke. I love "unusual" and vetivert-heavy perfumes, but this one makes me slightly gag when I smell it up close. I'm going to hang on to it, though, to see how it ages.

Smoky vetiver and cumin. It's like a cousin to Abandoned Car Atmo, but a little less scary, oddly enough. Those notes never go away, but a strong plastic and a sharp and musky metal join in and end up becoming stronger than the vetiver and cumin notes.

This one is not for me, but if you want a smoky industrial type of scent, here's one for you to try!