Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A censored scent, reminiscent of sugar crust with a hint of cherry meringue.

In the bottle, it smells just like opening one of those big Trader Joe's jars of cherries. I LOVE those cherries and F#@K does not disappoint. The sweetness EXPLODES up and outwards after application, and the throw makes my eyes roll back a little. After a few minutes, the strong, upfront cherry note settles down and the sugar crack vanilla comes through. I'm also getting kindof a boozy note. Finishing off with the money shot, a GORGEOUS warm sugar and vanilla finish, the cherry has moved into the background, giving it the tiniest bit of fruit. This is sugary, floaty cherry vanilla dream :heart:

Edited by Jenjin

Thanks to my fairy for procuring this for me!

In the bottle: Tart cherries and sugar

Wet: The sugar crust and meringue mix with the cherries. Gorgeous!

Dry: The cherries are pretty much in the background, the sugar crust and meringue steal the show here!

The drydown on this actually reminds me of a less fruity Velvet Unicorn. But it doesn't last very long at all, barely 2-3 hrs. So I'm hoping that it just needs a little more time to rest. So glad I got a bottle of this! Beautiful!

To me on wet, this coded as a sugary black cherry jelly. You get the sugar and the cherry bits, and as it dries I get more of a sugary meringue with a bit of crust. The cherry fades on the drydown on me. Medium throw, low wear length.

If you're into cherry or sugary blends, give this a whirl.

Edited by zankoku_zen

First sniff, there is an amazing blast of yes, I concur ZZ, black cherry, that slips away quickly to be replaced with a musky Midway (from Carnival Noir)-ish scent just bordering on play-dough but not reaching the edge, that I'd like more if it stayed a bit sweeter. Even though meringues have no scent to me (but I adore the taste and texture of them, having a mom with a European background who had great tastes in desserts and all the ones she exposed me to as a child. Meringues were a special treat from the bakery when I was little!), I imagine them when I sniff this. But I'm not complaining, it's delicious the short time it lasts on the skin.

Edited by violetblue

So glad a sweet fairy procured this for me- this is a sweet (without being cloying) cherry with what definitely feels to me like a crusty sugary meringue. The cherry is not sharp on me, sort of a soft, calm cherry, with what seems like light fluffy sugar creaminess. A keeper for me.

Lovely perfect cherry. Not too sweet, along with musk to balance everything out. This brings to mind one of my favourite mainstream perfumes, Pink Sugar, only so much better without the fake aldehydes and alcohol. The only bad thing is this is probably my HG, and I only have an imps worth. I wish the Lab would make scents like this more widely available, instead of making them super exclusive.

I was very lucky to procure a bottle of F#&K from a kind fairy from the event!

First Sniff Impression: A rich, full cherry. Not too much like cough syrup, with a baked crust behind it.

Wet in Vial: I can definitely get the crust, though it feels more like a regular pie crust than a sugar crust. The cherry is pretty rich and warm, not too sicky sweet or medicinal. There is some kind of scent in the background that's making me think of like cherry cigarettes or something. Like a hint of tobacco. Or maybe someone I used to know who smoked and smelled like cherries and I barely remember it?

Drying Down on Skin: Yeah, there's definitely some kind of smokiness to the cherries, at least to my nose. It's not bad, but it definitely makes it more seductive and less girlish like candy.

Dry on Skin: After about an hour a lot of the POW CHERRY sexiness has mellowed out. It's a lot more subtle now, though still with pretty much the same fragrance. Being worn, however, I have to say I'm not really getting any of the crust smell. It's more just sweetening the cherry.

Conclusion: This scent is fine, but not really anything I'm excited about mainly because I'm personally just not a huge cherry person. That said, if you like cherry you will probably LOVE this one! It had none of the medicinal or plasticy associations I usually get with cherry scents. It's definitely great for a hot date night!

Wet: Soft, clean, pillowy vanilla - reminds me a bit of Stekk - and tart/sweet cherry. YUM.

Dry: Very light - my skin really eats this. Sweet, slightly powdery (in a yummy, sugary way) vanilla very light cherry(more of a cherry candy note than a fresh cherry note). I quite like it, but it really reminds me of Alternative Facts, so I shall have to death match I think. Could just be a "my chemistry" thing, but those in love with this scent should at least give Alt. Facts a try!

This is such a nice cherry sugar when wet or in the bottle. My skin sadly has sugar issues - it can turn sugar to burnt rubber some times.

And this is one of those times. The cherry vanilla almost overpowers the sugar, so it’s scent locket and aging for this girl as I love the name and the concept so much.

Plus, anything helping the CBLDF is amazing.

I have both batch variations of F#@K. One of my bottles is the normal cherry scent, and the other is a no cherry/only vanilla scent.

The cherry one on my skin smells like a fresh cherry pie with lots of sticky sugar. I don't get any buttery notes but I do get a hint of a note that reminds me of turnover pie crust.

The non-cherry one is my favorite. The vanilla is extra strong and it smells like sugary vanilla cookies on my skin.

Both are very unique and I'm happy to have them.

Wet: Sugary pie crust! Very vanilla-y. There's a tart cherry scent here as well, but the pie crust is definitely the stronger scent.

Dry: The pie crust is still dominant, with some vanilla-cherry in the background. It's a lighter foodie scent, and I'm happy the cherry didn't go cough-syrupy!

I like it! If you're a foodie lover, this is worth trying out.

So what's weird is that this inspires a powerful nostalgia: I feel like I've smelled it, and damn if I can remember where. A long, long-ago scent. Weird! 

Strong out of the bottle--almost immediately I notice that it's not just cherry. There's the sugary sweetness along with, I want to say I associate this with a light very delicate pale fougere? Someone mentioned almost boozy and I wonder if it was this sort of subtle seediness that I'm smelling. I sometimes have this association with a thick slather of Slime Queen and I *always* ascribe it to the 'base' scent of Dorian. So, a wisp of that smell but enough to kick up so many associations. Then it sort of tones down a bit, more sugary cozy fun.... 

Loving this one and feel privileged indeed to have it.