Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
torikitty

Nobodies Watching Wrestling

Who better to comment on the flips, throws, and visible panty-lines of the pro-wrestling world than a bunch of drag queens? The Nobodies’ ongoing video series maps out this cultural terrain for anyone who might not have otherwise clocked the generous overlap between wrestling and drag.

Black Leather and strawberry lip gloss.

Whoo, first! In the bottle, artificial fake strawberry and and shiny, patent leather. Maybe the faintest hint of vanilla. This smells soo cheeky. Like you're going out to party, and have a good time. I imagine confidence-boosting tall, leather boots and a bright, pink lipstick.

As it dries down, the leather softens a bit, but it's still got a high sillage. The strawberry definitely mellows out, but surprisingly melds really well with the leather. Smells a bit more jam-like. It's like you wore Eat the Strawberries last night while wearing your favorite leather jacket. You put the jacket on the next day, and you still pick up hints of strawberry. It's nice if you're into these 2 notes separately. If you're unsure about leather or strawberry, I would pick up an imp.

Edit: as the day wears on, this blends together so well. The artificialness calms down, and it smells like a sweet, fruity, leathery note.

Edited by Carrie

The description didn't sound like my thing but I smelled it at Midsummer Scream cause it was there. Holy Terror! It is gorgeous and I had to have it. The leather and strawberry are in perfect balance. Neither is too artificial or too real. If you like leather but not so much strawberry (or vice-versa) do yourself a favor and get some. Get ready to fall in love.

This is the leathery-ist leather in my collection, and it blends so beautifully with the strawberry lipgloss to smell like my teenage years of hanging out at midnight movies in a leather jacket with loads of lipgloss on. :lol:

Although it's a teenage memory, this is a beautiful grownup scent. :wub2:

Strawberry lipgloss on wet, and then as it dries the vanilla comes out but it is softened with a tinge of vanilla. Typically, I absolutely detest black leather blends. They go weirdly chemically on me. This one stays strong and true. I didn't expect to like this, but I did. Good, strong, feminine. If you're into female leather blends or black leather, check this out. Sure, the opening is sweet but the drydown is very leathery. Good throw and wear length.

I am one where strawberry notes don't seem to work... they usually go plastic OR they end up smelling like lip gloss, which is this description but I do like some leather blends... if blended well. So, got a decant to try!

Sniffing, I get the leather, but it is actually... kind of sharp....not sure that is the right word, but not getting any strawberry as of yet. It isn't sharp as in, IN your FACE leather, but like a fresh piece of leather cut with scissors....sharp. I know, weird

On skin, it does warm up and it isn't as "sharp" but still not detecting any fruit, or vanilla as mentioned above. It is lovely, for sure... I think this is very unisex.

After a few minutes, it stays the same...odd, because it isn't a heavy leather scent, but it isn't a soft leather either. I get a little whiff of the strawberry...if I really lean in and sniff my wrist. This is actually real lovely... if you are like me and are afraid of strawberry and leather is one you want to love but not sure, try this one!

I love this show and was so excited for the fragrance, and it does not disappoint. The black leather in this is that dark, slightly smoky, black whip leather. The strawberry is loud for the first minute or so and then immediately fades to the background where it becomes more of a creamy vanilla with a hint of sweet strawberry candy. It reminds me of the original Le Pere Fouettard, but with vanilla and a hint of strawberry instead of black licorice.

I love the Nobodies, and I love this sweetened black leather scent. :wub2:

This is one of those blends that makes me mad. Because I love it, but hubby hates it. Well poo on him, Im still getting a full size and he can deal with it. It is definitely very much LEATHER, but the strawberry-ish note tames it and makes it wearable for someone like me, who doesn't really like unisex/leather heavy blends. This a very unique scent to me, and I know the decant wont be enough!

Wet: Argh, what was I thinking??? This is too much STRONG leather for me. I like a nice well-worn leather, but this is like, LEATHER!!! And a bit of artificial strawberry, which is also not really my jam. I think I have already decided I need to age this.

Dry: Actually, this softens nicely as it dries, to more of a clean, soft leather and...almost like a strawberry baked goods scent? No more harsh chemicals or artificialness. I do still think some age will help it work better on my skin, and I am not entirely sure if I really like it, but I am going to hang on to it for now.

i am not into fruity scents, but i love leather and the idea of this just spoke to me. at first, i get a non-realistic strawberry and lots of leather. i am really liking it so far. after a couple of minutes on, the strawberry dominates. nooo leather come back! though i am glad this isn't turning plasticky, as some fruit scents do. now it smells like strawberry candy with a bit of vanilla and leather. this scent keeps making me think of the movie, cry baby, something like the scent combination of wade and allison. anyway, strawberry seems to be dominating on me, though i can still smell some leather-this is eating those candies with the strawberry shaped wrapper while wearing a leather jacket. i'm so glad i tried this-i will wear this when i need a pick-me-up.

Edited by theseagrows

I love the Lab's leather notes including black leather, but fruity doesn't always appeal to me....

and that's kinda what happened here.

this is spot-on strawberry lipgloss. It reminds me of the 90s especially, which is fitting I think -- this is what hits the nose first

then the black leather rears up, strong and dark.

together it's an interesting blend. Sometimes I get wafts of the lipgloss, sometimes the leather, and sometimes a weird powdery or slightly sour and creamy scent over leather....

I think I'll stick to my other (vast collection) of leathers I prefer more, but this is definitely worth trying!

I’m so glad I bought this.

It’s like I doused myself in lip gloss from the 90’s and I’m wearing my leather jacket and doc martens. Super nostalgic. 

Argh I love this. Initially it goes on super strong *black leather jacket* with a kiss of strawberry lip gloss (seriously), it is not "strawberry", it's "strawberry lip gloss", straight out of the 80s. Eventually the two comingle and the strawberry with a hint of leather emerges. LOVE. So glad I got this one. Husband approves too