Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sailthetethys

Sturgeon Moon 2017

A month of bounty, when the fish are plentiful and the corn grows high. This is the scent of breezes passing over the Great Lakes, mingling gently with traditional lunar herbs.

Sandy shores and sweet fresh water, lichen, green algae, and whitestem pondweed, with benzoin, hay, cyclamen, moonlit musk, cucumber, blue poppy, driftwood, and agave.

This is a very clean ( almost detergent-like) scent. Drying down, it becomes more watery and cucumber-y. It's very fresh and aquatic without being too murky or heavy.

This is gorgeous, swoon-worthy even. So fresh, wet, the sense of dark, lush green plants alongside clear, fresh water. There is a sweet floral (rather like honeysuckle) that runs equally strong with the green and aquatic side. A hint of something dry and brown is off to the side. Having spent the morning along the shore of Lake Michigan, this smells nothing like it (which is good). It does, however, evoke quite vividly the tall grasses, cattails and wildflowers, along the riverbank that empties into the lake, at the height of summer - a place I visited earlier this week. This is a very uplifting, positive scent, bold and strong.

Edited by kscha2017

This is such a beautiful, light aquatic, perfect for me as I don't generally love aquatics. I grew up on the shores of Lake Erie so I had to have this, especially with the Great Lakes mention. This reminds me of summer evenings at the beach! I smell those beach grasses, the cattails, a light floral on the air. Glad I snagged a decant of this!

When I got this straight out of the mailbox, when the bottle was still all hot and bothered, I opened it and the scent bloomed from the bottle in a cloud of humid atmospheric heat. Like the hot sun on a cool lake. It was a really unique experience! Now that the waters have calmed I still love the scent, but I actually think I'll bring this along with me to the beach to try to capture that hot vapory feeling again.

Cucumber, poppy and blue musk. This one is a soapy watery cologne. Gender neutral. Very clean. Good throw and wear length.