Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shibagast

Mango

[No additional description provided.]

First ahhh I tested the bottle straight from the mail because I couldn't wait haha.

In the bottle, it smells like mango syrup, like melted gummy candy. Wet and initial dry down is more of the same. And then! It becomes a little green and less candy like, such as when you eat a mango and you eat the flesh that's closer to the skin. It is now a very ripe mango, perhaps overripe, and it takes on a creaminess that reminds me of...sunscreen? (For whatever reason, this scent reminds me of Disney World, Animal Kingdom in particular.) A few minutes later, no more candy; it smells as if I have my nose to the skin of an overripe mango. I'm pretty happy that I got the bottle.

I found this to have fairly decent throw as I only applied the tiniest dab to my wrist and I was getting whiffs of it as I went about the house doing things.

I don't find this to be foodie at all. At the end of the day, it's a bit floral/perfume-y on me.

That first review is spot on. First impression smelled like what mango candy tastes like: not really mango but more of a super sweet interpretation of mango (think watermelon jolly ranchers vs actual watermelon). Then a sharp, not-quite-ripe piney mango. And now it's creamy mango sunscreen and yeah, Animal Kingdom ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is really yummy and has a lot going on for a single note. Definitely has a floral aspect to it. I don't know that I'd layer this one; it's complex enough to wear on its own.

Edited by sailthetethys

In the Bottle: Yummy, juicy mango pulp. Like the kind you can get from Indian grocers that come in, like, a gallon-sized can that you open and make delicious lassi drinks out of. Nomnomnom

Wet On Skin: Wow. That's amazing. It's morphed a bit, and there's a decidedly "green" undernote to the scent, which is pretty unexpected, especially being a single note. It's working, though, adding some complexity to the scent.

Dry Down: Yeah, I don't know the how or why, but both my partner and I also concur with the Disney Animal Kingdom thing. It *does* also smell like yummy tropical sunscreen and *also* like maybe a tropical gummy candy. I don't know what kind of layering I might do with this scent, but it's certainly a pleasant enough smell on its own.

I'd agree with the reviews above, in the bottle it's a juicy, sweet mango, almost over-sweet, kind of like mango candies. On my skin, this green note comes out and the sweetness of the mango candy smell goes down a couple notches. On dry down, this smells like a mango sunscreen - and I'm totally okay with it because I love the smell of sunscreen. It's not a bad sunscreen smell at all. Like a tropical mango candy with like a sunscreen after tone to it.

Bright juicy mango candy. In some instances it kind of reminds me to mango pudding. If you like sweet blends and have been craving a mango blend, give this a whirl. Medium throw and wear length.

Mmm, mango. Hint of green mixed in, but still a juicy, delectable mango. Glad I was able to track down a partial.

When I first got this, it was definitely mango candy. Like that gummy candy you get from World Market. Trying it again last night, I got a mostly green mango note. Unripened mango, which was really surprising. I can see someone really enjoying this, but it was too green for me.

Wet: Candied mango? Definitely not fresh. It makes me think of sugared and dried mango pieces... I might go eat one later.
On: Similar, but a little less "mango essence" and a touch more fresh mango. I did in fact go eat one of those dried mango pieces haha!
Dry down: More of the same, low throw. It has an edge to it that always makes me think of plastic-- the same way coffee goes on me, unfortunately.

I only have a sniffie of this, so I can't do a skin test, but this is nice!  I like to eat mangoes, but didn't think I wanted to smell like one.  I may have been wrong.

This is sweet - much sweeter than I expected - and smooth and not overly "ripe" smelling.  This would make a nice summer perfume on its own or blend well with lots of things.

Single note Mango It has a lovely sweet mango + floral scent to it.  

From the bottle: Oh, such a delicioussweet mango, almost like mango candy or syrup. I perceive it as really juicy and ripe mango, not anything overly harsh or "man-made."

Wet on skinIt's still a powerful sweetbut it's mellowed a littleThis reminds me of the mango cheesecake I baked a few days ago 

Dry on skin: smidgeon of green is now detectable in the backdropIt's still rather sweetbut it's become more balancedIt's also flowery in certain ways.

Overallthe fragrance stays for a long time and is quite rich for a single notemore complex than some of my two-note perfumes. The wear duration is lengthy, yet the mango is not overbearing.