Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Nibble Nibble Gnaw

Looking down, you see a scattering of breadcrumbs strewn on the packed soil and straw at your feet. A waft of candied apple and pancakes embraces you, as you follow the crumbs on the path. The scent intensifies: sugared nuts, crushed candies, hot gusts of chocolate, and you find yourself standing before a small booth constructed of cakes, pastries, sweet breads, and a cascade of candy tiles. Shards of clear sugar glint in the ambient firelight of the Midway, and an old woman emerges from the shadows within. She extends a gnarled hand to you and rasps, Oh, you dear, what has brought you here? You look like skin and bones; a strong gust of wind would spirit you into the air. Do come in, and visit with me. No harm shall happen to you.

In The Bottle: Candy, chocolate and a distant but distinct booze note- maybe rum or possibly whiskey!

Wet On Skin: I think it's the sugared nuts that have gained footing. It's still quite sweet, but it's getting less foodie now that it's warming up on my skin.

Dry Down: Well, now. This is NOT the candy-sugar paradise that some foodies are hoping for. HOWEVER, this is really, really beautiful. It's become something of a dusty, very dry cocoa powder with a hint of rock candy. Imagine if Sugar Skull and Cacao Pod had a sophisticated baby- you'd have Nibble Nibble Gnaw.

In All: Low throw, a sweetly, dry seductive confection. :)

I was hoping this was going to be cakes, kennel corn, delicious chocolate and a sugar shack party. Unfortunately, all I get straight out of the bottle, to initial application and even drydown is straight up BOOZE.

Like, Holy Mother of Rum. Jack Sparrow would be all over this if he smelled it. From the bottle to initial application this is sharp, sharp rum on me. Like someone opened a bottle and cranked it under my nose. I kept sneezing, and wanted to give it a shot.

One hour later: The rum has... Somewhat mellow out? It's still center stage and noticeable, but the nuts, cakes and chocolates are starting to peek out. Sadly, this mix with the rum just makes it smell sour on my skin. The initial sniff on my wrist is sweet rum but something smells "off". A second later, the aftertaste is sour and I cannot find myself enjoying this scent at all.

Selling my bottle, sadly. :(

In the bottle this is pure boozy chocolate chocolate chip pancakes. Delicious, ultra amazing, the kind you want to eat until you can't anymore.

On it changes and apple peeks forward but the warm chocolate remains. Smells like a warm halloween/christmas kitchen. It doesn't go sour or plastic. A perfect representation of a candy house I would be tempted into.

That being said I would never wear this. It's very country store oil burner type of scent.

Edited by Nilbog

Sugar, boozey chocolate, pastries, and nuts. This smells like a hot toddy and pastry goods. And too much sugar. Death by diabetes. And butter. Because let's face it, there's an existential void in your life and obviously the only way to fill it is through eating your way through that entire pastry display. Throw in some booze, because then you can blame the alcohol for the poor decision making.

Great throw and wear length. Warning, do not try this before a regularly scheduled meal time. Or a non-scheduled one. In fact, I am off in search of baked goods.

In the decant, I get a boozy chocolate. Little hint of nuts in there too.

On skin, yep...very boozy like everyone else mentioned. The booze dominates right now...like I slathered a slighty sugared rum on my wrist.

Dry down, I don't know if I get pastriy or pancake out of this...but a little bit of hard candy comes through and if I sniff real hard, maybe the apple, but the booze is still prominent to me. I also don't get any chocolate from this while wearing. It is sweet and boozy... good throw.

Wet/in imp - sweet to the point of almost cloying, rum-soaked cake with cocoa. Smells like it has an alcohol note despite it not being listed.
Freshly applied - sweet cake drenched in rum or brandy, or possibly just a really sweet creme liquor made from one of the two.
Ten-twenty minutes in – the alcohol note is still present but not as strong – the dominant note now is a heavy/syrupy sweetbread-and-pasty. It’s almost Yankee-Candle foodie and sweet – I can almost taste it in the back of my throat when I sniff at it. I keep getting hints of the roasting nuts (the candied/praline kind) and caramel/candied apples, and for a few minutes at the 5-10 minute mark I got wafts of cooked/melting sugar like walking into a candy-maker’s store, but the overall impression is just a big, gourmand/cakey/sweet/liqueur-soaked whack in the nose. But, like, in a good way.
1hr in – Apple cake, the super-dense, super-moist kind (with little chunks of baked apple in it) that’s halfway between cake and some kind of bread pudding and weighs as much as a brick. Still backed by a foodie-straganza of yeast-y baked goods and a hint of liqueur.

At the three-hour mark, it has somehow become sweetened peanutbutter toast. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I like peanutbutter toast?

Goes on like generic red fruit punch with an extra pound of sugar dumped in, and a really artificial red apple note rolled in even more sugar. As it dries down, it moves away from fruity candy and smells more like hints of melting milk chocolate and caramel drizzled over piles of white and brown sugar. Just a hint of apple air freshener. I like gourmands, but this is like an overwhelming, cloying, foodie candle fragrance.

Surprisingly, this isn't cloying to me. Boozy chocolate is pretty apt. I immediately knew I'd want a full bottle. Drydown shows that it fades pretty quickly. It doesn't morph, but the sillage isn't as high. It's still delicious, and I can see mixing this with some of the new alcoholic coffees.

Soft squishy cake, topped with chocolate sauce, grated apple pieces, something almost champagne-y and a cherry on top. Delicious!!!!!!! Ahh I want to eat my hand. However my skin (un?)ironically eats this in minutes and I'm only left with the cake and cherry-ish type note in there. Still lovely, but I surprisingly loved the boozyness in there!

Wet: Weeeeiird. I had these curtains in university. They had come from my Aunt's basement. The REEKED. Like this gross mildew smell that I have never smelled in anything else in my life (close to rotten milk, but not quite). The curtains were really cool though, and they were free, so I kept them, and did everything humanly possible to get the smell out (with only marginal success). I sprayed them with everything imaginable. I was really into gourmand scents at that time, so a lot of what they got sprayed with was candy or chocolate scented. On me, this smells the way those curtains did in the end - sickly sweet gourmand scents all mashed together overtop of something gross and mildewy which sort of smells like rotten milk. ICK.

Dry: Ugh. This perfume deserves so much better than what my skin has done to it. I'm going to go wash it off now and pretend it never happened.

I reallllllllly dislike this and I was bitterly disappointed by it. It smells nothing like the description at all! I was hoping for a chocolatey version of the original Midway.

Instead, this is dusty cocoa mixed with a caramel scented candle that came from the dollar store - a little waxy, very synthetic, and cloying. There is a strong alcohol/boozy note (not listed in the notes, btw) which stomps on everything until I smell like a sugar hangover. It smells like too many Mudslides and butterscotch martinis the night before are coming out of my pores, sour and unbalanced. I tried it in a scent locket and it was not any better.

In the bottle: SO MUCH SWEET FOOD! I can’t even really pick out all the individual notes, there’s too many of them! I want to drink this!

Wet on skin: Different sweet foods are taking over & this is amping hard, but SO YUMMY!

Dry on skin: Slightly different sweet foods in charge, but still super yummy!

After several hours: Fainter (though still surprisingly strong!) & ever so slightly soapy, but still delicious!

Verdict: I. LOVE. THIS!

Soooo wanted to love this. Wet on my skin I did! Like some others I too thought it smelled a lot like pancake batter which I really liked! Dry on my skin it went to fermented apple which wasnt terrible just not what I want to smell like.

Buttery chocolate chip pancakes, a dusting of sugared nuts, and the stingiest schmear of apple butter. With a coconut rum burp as compliments to the chef. The pancakes/sugared nuts combo reminds me of Halfling. It's not the pancake fix I had envisioned, but I think this one is already growing on me!

This is new to me as I finally got a bottle of the OG release.  In the bottle: Toasted hazelnut muffins of some sort, with some kind of sugar glaze on them. On, wet: After a brief explosion of something like sweet cherry brandy--very boozy--candied fruit notes come out to play, like the really high quality stuff that gets used in good fruit cakes. Little bursts of cocoa start to show up also. Drydown: Assorted fruit and nut cakes/cookies and sweet cocoa, with the sweet cocoa notes bubbling to the top and some kind of frosting note...brown sugar? Pound cake?  Not too strong and actually really interesting.

Edited by Threemoons

Creamy butterscotch and green apples. Definitely some sort of cake or bread not in here too. I think there's some berries in here too like strawberries and hard candies. It kind of morphs on me and smells like so many different things at once, fitting the scent description very well. I'm not getting any cocoa or nutty notes that other reviewers have mentioned, I'm unsure of the age of my bottle so those could have faded with time or I'm amping up the other notes.

This is great and really fun, pairing it with Who Is Nibbling At My House? hair gloss and they go together wonderfully! :wub3:

This is mostly sugared nuts and cacao-dusted pastries on me for the longest time, kind of reminding me of my beloved Cacao-Dusted Sugar Skulls Bath Oil that I used up long ago. Then I get hints of butterscotch candy and the apple becomes more prominent, although I wouldn't say it's an apple-forward scent, and the sugar and cacao haven't gone away.

I retested this several times trying to decide if I should keep the decant. In the end, I ended up parting with it, because I didn't think the final phase was as awesome as the wet one, and I probably wouldn't reach for this over Weihnachtsmärkte. I do think this is nice, though!