Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Numanoid

Who is Nibbling at my House? Hair Gloss

“Save your slobbering,” said the old woman. “It doesn’t help you at all.” Caramel apples, cardamom cakes, hazelnut cream, and butterscotch.

My review is sniffing this right out of the bottle straight from the mailbox. Will edit once I have it in my hair.

I get the butterscotch right away before even unwrapping the bubble wrap! :) Sniffing in the bottle.... it is a big 'ol blast of caramel apples and butterscotch! Being a foody/candy lover, so far, this is great!!

I get the feeling that if Sugar Slathered Candy Apple and Candy Corn Coated Candy Apple mingled, this would be the result. A definite relative of the two scents! It's rich and sweet and smells amazing!! Can't wait to try this in my hair tomorrow. Hoping it will have the same strength on as sniffing!! Love this!

Editing to add... in my damp hair.... oh boy this is sooo good!! I get full on caramel apples and butterscotch. The cardamom and hazlenut are not very prominent. but I detect a hint. This has a medium throw to me. Get this if you are a foody lover!!!

Edited by Numanoid

Do you like Candy Corn Coated Candy Apple? You will love this. CCCA is one of my favorite perfumes and this smells just like it in my hair. Delightful!

I only get apple when this is freshly applied, then it's caramel and butterscotch. (It makes me excited for Autumn!) It also lasts freaking forever, and the first time I had it in second-day hair, I wandered around muttering "Why does it smell like pancakes in here?" for at least three hours.

This is a foodie caramel-apple-butterscotch delight. I've only used it as a body spray so far, so I can't say how it wears in hair, but the scent reminds me of last Halloween's Caramel Apple Cookie. I'm going to have to upgrade from my little 5ml decant to a full bottle.

Smells like a caramel apple scented Yankee Candle, complete with the waxy/plasticy scent, cloying and artificial apple, and a strange, powdery undertone. It also has a funkiness that makes me feel like one of the oils in it has turned. I like gourmands, but this was too sweet, chemical, and bothered me.

The apple jumps out right away - it's a very green, tart apple. There's a slightly odd dry, dusty quality to it that I can't really place. But when I bring my (wet) hair back to my face for another sniff, that aspect is gone, and the spices and caramel have surfaced, along with just a faint hint of the apple remaining. It's not a strong scent right now, despite the fact that I put double in compared to what I would normally use. Smelling it on my hands, it had that weird dusty scent - almost mildew - like mildewed burlap? Weird. This was one of the CD HG scents I thought I would like most, so I got a 1oz rather than just a 5ml tester, but I think I was wrong. I don't love this. I don't hate it in my hair, but I certainly don't like it on my skin, and I like to be able to use the HG as a body spray/moisturizer. I will test again, but as it is, this may be destined for the swap pile....*sad*

ETA: A few hours later now that my hair is totally try, this is actually pretty much as described - caramel apples with some spice. Nice!

Edited by LizziesLuck

just as described to my nose, with the apple note in the forefront when first applied. after a few minutes the apple subsides, which makes me kinda sad because I was enjoying it! I don't get the "candle" vibe others are talking about, and Im glad because I hate when perfumes/hg turn that way. The dry down is nice, not as foody as it was when wet. Overall, to me, its comforting and warm, pretty sure ill be picking up a full size!

I am a lover of all smells foody and this is PERFECT. I can pick out all the notes even the hazelnut which is a nice touch to me. To someone not familiar with it it just smells like pancakes which is fine by me. I'll have to get all the back ups I can of this one.

Well, dang! Foody, appley, bready, and bit yankee candley. This is autumn in a bottle. And definitely different from Nibble, Nibble, Gnaw perfume, which has more of a chocolate, boozy quality to it. I would highly recommend it to someone who likes super sweet foody smells, and isn't bothered by artificial apple candle smells.

Just like a caramel apple, very sweet, with the sharp crisp of the apple to balance it out. I do get a little bit of the butterscotch as well. Very sweet overall and very foody.

I feel like when I first spray this into my hair, it's a  decent mix of apples with spices. Very warm, baked apples scent. (Totally underrated dessert, btw.) When it dries, it smells like a tart granny smith apple with some caramel lingering behind. I like it!

I'm getting a puckery green apple candy spattered with caramel. I hope the cardamom and hazelnut pop out more with age! As it is, though, I still like this one a lot, and the scent lasts in my hair until the next day. Can't wait to try it with its perfume pal, Nibble Nibble Gnaw!

God, this is so delicious I don't think I can write a good review of it. Lots and lots of cakey butterscotch and caramel apples. I got the cream but not a lot of the hazelnut from it. Goes wonderfully with Nibble Nibble Gnaw. One of my favorite hair glosses now and the scent lasts quite a long time. Even though I've cut my hair pretty short, the throw on this is strong enough that I can smell it without shaking my head much. Super foodie!