Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Screeching Revenant Hair Gloss

Icy blue musk, eucalyptus, white pine, and opoponax.

Minty, icy blue musk and a touch of pine. This one was an odd one, as it was mainly blue musk which is sometimes oddly powdery on me. Good throw and wear length. Chilly.

This is fantastic. Blue musk and white pine are up front with eucalyptus backing. I don't get any opoponax, unfortunately. It's strong upon application but mellows quickly and stays forever.

Overall; it's Spectre Blue's twin, with pine.

A light, barely there fragrance that left wafts of pine and powder in the ends of my hair.
I get a hint of chill at first, but then it's all light, sweet pine and a powdery edge. I don't get blue musk or opoponax at all. Smells like a Yule fragrance and like the pine from Golden Priapus without any supporting notes.
I tried it again on my wrist and it functioned the same - light, barely there pine. Like the sweet, green needles and warm wood.

A very sweet pine note is what I mostly get in this - I have to say, I am quite enjoying it! Most pine notes, on my skin, smell entirely like cat pee. This smells like an actual Christmas tree. It also smells like snow and cold, so the entire effect is like the walk back to the car, hauling your newly felled Christmas tree with you. Quite a pleasant image! I don't wear scents like this a lot, but I will keep and use my little 5ml spray bottle of this this winter. Very nice! A must for tree-scent lovers.

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: I've been on the lookout for another hair gloss that would convey "cool" the way Lightning Storm did, since I expect we'll never see Lightning Storm stocked again. With eucalyptus and blue musk, I thought this might do it.

In the Bottle: Very pine. It gives a strong men's cologne impression.

On Wet Hair: All the pine and all the eucalyptus. It puts me in mind of Christmas, a chilly tree scent, but not as strong as some of the other BPAL/BPTP "Christmas tree" scents.

After Blow-drying: This one's a fader on me. There's a bit of the musk and a bit of the eucalyptus. but I have to hunt a little for it. On the bright side, perfect for work.

Verdict: I will probably use this bottle and I will enjoy it. I'm not sure I'll need another, because I have entirely too much hair gloss for one person.

Icy musk, giving a cool sense to the scent, little bit of pine. I don't get the eucalyptus, but after wearing it a while, I do get a hint of opoponax. Very cool, light, and understated on me.

Screeching Revenant is predominantly a cool blue musk and light eucalyptus scent. It's clean and refreshing.  While I got the pine when I sprayed it on a paper towel (I agree with Little Bird about it being the pine from Golden Priapus), it is not a main player in my hair. I didn't get any sweet, cola-like opoponax in my hair, either.

This is a light, inoffensive hair gloss. It does not last all day, but it would be nice in an office environment, or when you want a hair gloss that's cool and refreshing.

I can't see myself reaching for it enough to grab more of it, but I'll be hanging on to my decant to pair with a few scents that I have that contain eucalyptus. :)

Edited by doomsday_disco

I had so expected this to be a heavy blue musk, and it's not--it is such a light, fresh scent on me, both in my hair and on my skin.  On me, I get this amazing light floral blue musk shot through with bright streaks of eucalyptus and evergreen.  Layers really well with my herby/citrus perfumes.