Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Nerves and Sinew, Wood and Clay Hair Gloss

Taut red strings of daemonorops draco and licorice root tugging on carved oak streaked with vetiver and clove with bright nerve-sparks of frankincense and elemi.

Chilly elemi, red frankincense, and something that smells like blood. This is both cold, warm and something that smells like sinew. For real. There's something kinda creepy about this. Perfect for those that love spooky blends and Halloween. Medium throw and wear length.

Nope. I smell none of the listed notes for this. Nerves smells like Big Red chewing gum - a big blast of sharp, candy cinnamon. Nothing else. So strong and gives me a headache.

This smells primarily of elemi to me, which is a bright, cold, glittery sort of smell. There's sweetness in it as well, and as a result it's really reminding me of Gold and Tears perfume (because carrot seed and elemi seem to smell really similar to/on me), which I love .I really like this. I find the smell of elemi very pleasant, clean, and inoffensive. I feel like this is one I could easily wear to work. As it soaks into my hair more, I do get faint hints of clove, which is a favourite note of mine. It warms the scent up quite a bit, without ruining to clean vibe. I like this way more than expected, and would get more once I use my little 5ml decant up. Lovely!

Edited by LizziesLuck

Ya know... I definitely got the Big Red gum vibe on this one when I first got it, but something else seemed interesting enough to keep it around for a while, and now, two years later, there's a lot more complexity and a lot less in-your-face spice.  They're tempered and sweet and there's a coolness to the blend from the elemi.  I also get a subtle thread of sweet licorice.  I'm not a big "spices" fan, but I'm glad I kept my decant of this one around.  Check it out if you want a lightweight spice scent or want spices that won't make you smell like a Christmas candle.