Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Bourbon & Bone Hair Gloss

Clacking white sandalwood drenched in whiskey and a puff of cigar smoke.

For the lads - I get a bay rum-ish blend with cigarette and a whiff of sandalwood. The whiskey codes to bay rum in my hair, but you know, you may get whiskey. Manly, smoky. Good throw and wear length.

Whiskey burns off quick, thankfully, because the alcoholic edge in the initial spray was kind of reminding me of bugspray.
Once the booziness wears off, I'm left with a calm, powdery/creamy white sandalwood that's sweetened and warmed up with cigar tobacco. It's actually not very smoky on me and I don't get bay rum or spiciness at all. It's a mellow, woody scent with warm, sweet tobacco and a spark that makes me think of the scent of matches or fireworks (not the smoky, burnt scent of those, but the way they smell before being burnt, if that makes sense).
Very warm and cozy, and doesn't remind me of the lab's French or Bulgarian tobacco, and isn't smoky like tobacco absolute. It's a gentle, sweet tobacco and creamy sandalwood.

You know when you smell something really good and you make that noise? *unnnfffg*. You know what I mean. That happens to me when I smell a really good tobacco scent - and this is one. One of the best tobacco HG I have smelled, hands down. Way more tobacco than Fallen Woman or Hag Grey ever had, for me. This is Black Vanilla Cardamom good kind of territory (they don't smell similar, that's just my point of reference for awesomeness). This is the spicy tobacco of Bulgarian without the super-sweet factor. Imagine a more dry, woody Bulgarian Tobacco, mixed with warm glowing sandalwood. I only got a 5ml of this, and that was a serious oversight that needs to be corrected. LOVE this. *unnffggg*

The first big spray of this was kind of unpleasant, like OFF! or an overpowering soap.

Whatever it was went away quickly.  This is smoke and wood and I wish there was a man around to try it on.  It's sexy.