Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Pixie-elf

Sugar Plum Fairy Hair Gloss

Queen of the Kingdom of Sweets: sugar plums, vanilla-infused sugar, tiare, amber musk, apricot peel, and a light dusting of cacao.

This is straight out of the mailbox. I've had it inside for a few hours. I don't know if it needs to rest like normal BPAL, but I did give it a shake as I've had it recommended.

This is a lovely, sweet plummy vanilla scent. It's soft, delicate, and lovely. I'm guessing that's the tiare? I'm not sure, I don't know what Tiare smells like! I wasn't sure if I should expect something in your face, but, it's not really. It's light and playful, just like you'd expect a fairy to be.

It's not a deep plum scent. It's light, floating sugared vanilla plums I don't really get the apricot peel. I do get whiffs off the amber musk which is lovely. No Cacao so far. I'll update after it's had a few days to rest / settle just in case that's needed. So far I like it.

Edit:

After a few days to settle, it gets much better! I can smell something floral, a bit of the apricot peel, and a lovely cloud of vanilla and sugary plums. It pairs really great with Bordello and any plum-heavy blends. I love it!

On the hair front, it doesn't make my hair greasy, and helps tame the frizz a bit. I really like what the oil does for my hair.

Edited by Pixie-elf

Sugar Plum Fairy perfume is the most sentimental scent I have, and would likely be the last one anyone could pry from my cold, dead hands. The scent is lovely, but I would want to have it even if it smelled awful. So I was so stoked when this made it into HG form, now I feel slightly less panicked about the fact that I only have 1 bottle of the perfume.

In terms of scent, I actually love this in my hair even more than on my skin. My skin tends to occasionally turn plums to plastic, and on certain days, this perfume has just the faintest hint of plastic on my skin. The HG is GORGEOUS though. The hint of tartness from the apricot balances out the sugary plums, and the musk and florals keep it from being gourmand. It's lovely. and I am so happy to have it. I will wear it two days before Christmas, and in April, and think of my Grandpa. <3

I really liked the perfume, and I wish I had some to compare, but this smells like melon to me. Yup, candied melon. So weird. I think I'll let it settle a bit...

I'm not fond of this in perfume form as my skin doesn't like sugar, but in my hair it's so nice.

Very sweet and candied plums and vanilla - no apricot or cacao I can detect.

It's long lasting and really works on my long, fine, and abundant straight hair. So happy I took a chance on a bottle. It's the first real girly or more feminine HG I've ever purchased.

I got an ounce of this and it is really nice - great for pairing with other plum and red-fruit scents. Mostly plums and sugar, with just a touch of vanilla.