Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Dark Alice

These Shabby Days

“…Our kind of people, we are…” He waved the cigarillo about, as if using it to hunt for a word, then stabbing forward with it. “…exclusive. We’re not social. Not even me. Not even Bacchus. Not for long. We walk by ourselves or we stay in our own little groups. We do not play well with others. We like to be adored and respected and worshiped—me, I like them to be tellin’ tales about me, tales showing my cleverness. It’s a fault, I know, but it’s the way I am. We like to be big. Now, in these shabby days, we are small. The new gods rise and fall and rise again. But this is not a country that tolerates gods for long. Brahma creates, Vishnu preserves, Shiva destroys, and the ground is clear for Brahma to create once more.”

Memories of myrrh and gold, and the dying smoke of a snuffed cigarillo.

This myrrh is smooth. Absolutely smooth and light. The smoke is mild and it smells a little bit like a melon Cigarillo. I love it. I can't wait to wear it!

Smooth myrrh and cigarillo tobacco. Slightly golden around the edges, but its almost like you ripped off the golden foil that circles those cigarillos. In general, a smooth sweet tobacco. Gender neutral toward manly. Definitely sexy.

Wet: Metal (very faint) and smooth rich Myrrh. It's sweet, and there's something earthy about it. It's a mix of warm and cool notes, which is really neat. It still manages to be harmonious. Interesting!

Dry: Myrrh single note - which is typical, I amp it. It's gorgeous, but I really wanted cigarillo smoke with the Myrrh! I'll age it and give it another go.

On me this stays pretty much the same the whole way through. Smooth myrrh and a pleasant metal tang, with a hint of sweet tobacco. Very mellow.

I really enjoy this and keep thinking about getting a full bottle, but I don't know if I'll actually wear it all that much over the hundreds of scents that I already own. It's pleasant, but not even in the top 100 for me, I guess. I like the sweet myrrh, love the posh, cool, golden, metallic cologne thing that always smells so sexy and manly to me, and I enjoy the whiff of sweet cigar smoke and ash. I love that it's cool and metallic, warm and spicy, and sweetly resinous, all at once. Has a bit of a sweet lemon balm lilt to it in the drydown. Golden and compelling, but I probably won't need more than my decant...

In the Bottle:

Sweet powdery musk

On the Skin:

Smooth, sticky myrrh and a sweet musk with a faint aquatic vibe. The whisp of cigarillo smoke is way in the background but it's there.

On the Drydown:

Surprisingly not as dense as I expected. It is light and airy with a sepia tinge. It's a little too sweet and powdery for me