Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Is it abstract nonsense poetry? Surrealist performance art? Cryptography so subtle and devious that it would make an Enigma machine blush? The verbal component of whatever spell that orb casts? Safe word? A typo fueled by cheap hooch, NoDoz, and poor impulse control? Is negative press covfefe anything like French press covfefe?

This perfume makes no fucking sense: orange marshmallow cream, bitter lemon, black pepper, orange carnation, and gin.

Proceeds from this late-night nonsense benefit the ACLU, which has been working overtime to defend the rights and liberties guaranteed to everyone in this country by the laws and Constitution of the United States.

Oh! I'm first... eek!

In bottle: a light vanilla, sweet orange scent. It didn't smell like orangesicles, but more sophesticated.

Wet to dry-down: chewable, orange baby-aspirin?

A few hours later: sweet orange plastic, leading to a headache.

Sounds about right for #45??? :rofl: :rofl:

On me: Lemon peel and gin.

On my husband: Delicate orange cream fluff with a little spicyness from the pepper and carnation.

I THINK IT IS CLEAR WHO GETS TO KEEP THIS ONE.

Copying my review from the main site:

MMMMMMMMM. Covfefe is nonsense-and much sweeter than the person that spawned the word! It’s slightly sour-ish orange dreamsicle on me. There’s a hint of soft vanilla cream (the marshmallow) and something vaguely like orange talcum powder (in a good way).

​As it dries, there's a sharpness from the gin that keeps the orange effervescent. I really, really adore this!

This is orange marshmallows with a sofisticated edge. The pepper and carnation fade fairly quickly. I love it!

I just got knocked back into the early 60s. This smells just like the bubble gum that I used to buy for a penny. (was it called Bazooka? I think it was) It is the first few flavorful chews that I loved so very much before it lost its flavor and I tossed it in the trash so I could do it all over again. I also really get the carnation and after a short time, it takes on a root beer scent. Then it goes soapy and fades pretty quickly.

In the bottle, there's definitely an orange creamsicle vibe happening, but with a slight edge, that almost smells like earth. It might be the gin, but if it is, it's staying put instead of taking over like gin / juniper usually does on my skin. As it dries, the orange creamsicle aspect stays firm, which I am enjoying IMMENSELY. The edge is pretty much gone by full dry down. Orange marshmallow situation happening and I adore it a LOT.

I hope this scent stay around for a while! :lovestruck:

In the bottle: some sort of orange cream, but not overly sweet.

Wet to dry-down: effervescent orange and gin botanicals, with a slight bitter edge from the lemon

Later: warm and spicy orange, with an undercurrent of gin. It definitely mellows out after a few hours' wear, but never quite loses its edge. My boyfriend says it reminds him of really good orange bitters and that I "smell like a cocktail." :cheers:

I'm loving this a summery alternative to my usual spicy scents, and am seriously considering nabbing another bottle.

Orange, but powdery and tart, somewhere between orange flavoured sweet tarts and chewable vitamins. The gin adds a weird, dry fizziness. If you've ever smelled those "fizzy pop" scented incense sticks, it's like that. As it dries down, it's much the same, except the black pepper adds an edge of sharp, dark, dry cologne. The whole thing is strangely dusty, powdery and old smelling. Not really gourmand to me at all. I don't smell anything creamy and nothing like vanilla or marshmallow.

Orange chewable vitamins, old and dust covered fizzy pop incense sticks, and a dark, off, powdery men's cologne...

I think the gin is giving this an effervescent feel, like orange champagne. Not too sweet, not bitter, just bubbly orange. :wub:

Edited by ltrittipoe

In the bottle: Peppery orange SweeTarts. Sometimes I get more actual orange when I inhale deeply from the bottle, but usually, I open up the bottle and get that original impression. I'm kind of wary about trying this.

Wet: Ha! The oil looks like I put orange juice on my skin. I'm getting candy orange, bitter lemon, and there's a kick from the pepper when I inhale deeply and a fizziness that kind of burns my nose! I was hoping to get more orange marshmallow cream than anything, and I really liked the description of a different kind of creamsicle scent mentioned in some reviews, but alas, it's not like that on me. It's this really strong children's vitamin scent with a bit of spice and fizz.

Dry: The children's vitamin or chewable aspirin association just won't go away. At least it's not super peppery on me? The marshmallow cream note just adds more of a powdery, candy sweetness to the orange rather than making the scent smell marshmallow-y or even creamy enough to be creamsicle-like on my skin.

Verdict: Covfefe is not for me and will be going to a new home (and hopefully onto someone whose skin chemistry provides a better Covfefe scent experience).

Sugary oranges with spicy pepper and carnation. This one is a much more playful and sugary scent on wet, and then it dries and the spice comes out. Good throw and wear length.

The notes reminded me a bit of Jiggery Pokery, which is my most favourite orange scent, so I had high hopes for this, plus I really just felt like I needed to own it. Beth is such a genius, she cracks me up.

Wet: Peppery orange! It's immediately a nonsensical sort of smell and it makes me smile. Slight effervescence from the gin. Creamy. There's a cake-like note in there I was not expecting, but am quite enjoying. It reminds me of something from my childhood - couldn't tell you what, but it's totally making me smile.

Dry: Creamy orange with hints of spicy carnation. It's sweet, bright, a little spicy. I like it a lot! Great for warm months.

Pleasant creamy orange, and a touch of spices. This is too nice to be referenced by DT (I refuse to call him President or even Mr.) It smells like a Christmas type of orange to me, maybe stuffed with cloves. I'll enjoy the rest of the imp, but do not need any more.

Covfefe is not what I expected -- and indeed, perhaps I should have expected it to be out in left field. Or right field. Or whatever. It is really like no other scent in my collection. I thought it would be much, much sweeter, along the lines of Jiggery Pokery. It is not. There is a gin and tonic sharpness to it, and maybe the pepper too (I never seem to pick up the lab's pepper note), which keeps the orange marshmallow creme from overwhelming fluffiness. And it does smell like "orange marshmallow creme" to me - not blood orange or navel orange but commercial orange flavoring, obviously not the real thing (as suits the scent's namesake). Only as it dries down do I get the spicy carnation note, and it's not the same one I love in Alice. All in all, this is an interesting scent experience, though I haven't fallen in love with it. Maybe I can wear it in the mornings before I shower as I am youtubing last night's Stephen Colbert and Seth Meyers and Trevor Noah...

To me, this scent is best summed up as "oranges and tortillas." I really can't muster a more intellectual description than that.

Edited by TheresaRedSkull

I swear this is Hawkin's cheezies in the bottle and then it morphs to a beautiful creamsicle with a hint of effervescent from the gin.

Beth is a genius. I'm very happy this benefits a great cause and I smell awesome.

In the bottle

It's like orange juice, and marshmallows, but then there's pepper, and then something else? It's weird. And delightful.

Wet on skin

This gets more citrusy and alcoholic when it first goes onto my skin, like vodka and orange juice. When first applied to the skin, it's not as sweet as when it's in the bottle.

Dry on skin after 30 minutes

Orange creamsicles, along with gin to keep it from getting sickly sweet. I can detect the black pepper, too, and it tickles the nostrils. This sweetens up a bit with the drydown.

Thoughts

I'm reviewing this well after buying it. This was one of those blends I knew I'd be into as soon as I read the description (both the story and the scent). The idea of putting black pepper, creamsicles, and gin into a shot glass doesn't seem it would taste great (I mean, I'd probably try it though), but this sure does smell great! I will order a backup bottle of this. One of my top 10, easily.

Orange, marshmallows, and pepper. It starts out sweet, then gets spicy, then smells like a melted orangesicle left out in the sun. It's nice, sticks close to the skin, but not something I grab very often.

in bottle: cheap plastic-y orange

wet: very strong orange bathroom cleaner

dry-down: orange cough medicine

at no stage did this work for me :(

Enjoyable confusion at its finest. 

Wet: I am brought back to the summers where I’d enjoy a delicious creamsicle/dreamsicle treat. A mixture of citrus orange and creamy sweet milk. That is what comes through first in this. Yet lurking just behind it is something not sweet and creamy. Something just off center that is difficult to nail down. Lemon and pepper is what creeps in here. Still makes it a pleasant scent that makes me think of summer. 

Dry: Still remains very much the same but the black pepper comes out a little more. The lemon fades to the back even more to where barely a hint is picked up. I never smelled gin in this. Was surprised and disappointed in this. 

Final thoughts: This scent is more foodie than anything I have tried so far. I like it! Co-worker felt it was not very masculine but still pleasant enough. 

The throw is very short on me. Which I would think is a good thing. I didn’t know what to expect from this scent and still find it interesting. A decant is enough to sate me for now. One day I may get a full bottle.

This is my first BPAL bottle and honestly, I couldn't grasp what this blend would be like based on the description. After reading other reviews and feeling confident that this would play well on me, I'm thrilled to say that this is one of my favorite scents in rotation (and I have a lipstick in the same name).

Wet - bitter orange with some fizz and hint of cream.

Dry down - very boozy gin-kicked creamsicle that's mellowed out by the spice.

Wearing it - actually very pleasant despite being a little ridiculous. It softens to citrus and gin on me after a few hours.

I kind of wish I had bought another bottle, but I know this one will last me for a long time as I rotate through a lot of different blends.

Boozy orange creamsicle is the first thing that comes to mind to describe this. The pepper was more prominent during the wet stage, but it mostly disappeared once dry. I think the lemon blends in too much with the orange for me to be able to pick it out, but there is definitely a faint citrusy note in this that isn't the orange.

Really love this, definitely my favorite from these Trump related scents so far. 

It's *mostly* orange cream on me - which I love! - and then there's...something else, something that I can only describe as...grey? That's the word that comes to mind: something dry and grey and skitterish and sharp? I normally like brighter pepper notes (love love love Hermia and Pepper), but something about this is...almost cobwebby? But that's not a bad thing, exactly! It's darker and sharper and more complicated. It's like...Bilbo Baggins eating an orange cream cake and then fighting spiders in Mirkwood, and he wins, but he's still had that experience, y'know? And that makes it all more mature and deeper.

Awesome Husband, when asked to sniff: "...orange...and...meh. Something. Orange cream, sort of?"