Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LizziesLuck

Antique Lace Hair Gloss

Nostalgia encapsulated. A soft, wistful blend of dry flowers, aged linens, and the faint breath of long-faded perfumes.

Really, I'm first??

This is amazing without my skin chemistry to change it (the oil is lovely on my skin, but this is REALLY SOMETHING)

There's an almost...custard sort of feel? Slightly lemony, almost. But in the best way imaginable. The florals keep it from being gourmand though. It's just glorious, and I want to bathe in it. It's light (which I'm pleased about, I was hoping I could wear it to work and I think I can!) but seems to last well. Really just so stoked to have it! Antique Lace was something I hated years ago, it just shows how much my tastes have changed, because I live for scents like this now.

This is so lovely. I actually prefer it to the 2017 oil release which goes a wee bit doll's head on my skin.

There's definitely more vanilla in here than in the oil and while it starts off faint and wispy like, it grows with wear.

To me it smells better the next morning after use. When I wake up and catch a whiff of something yummy and realize it's my hair.

Very happy to have a bottle and know it will get heavy use.

gaaaaaaahhhhhhh .... this is truly LOVELY ... like an old-world vanilla scented linen handerkerchief, that's been stored away in an antique drawer for decades ... so evocative of a scent from a century ago ... LOVE this ... worth every penny.

This is an absolutely gorgeous vanilla. On the scale of vanilla intensity in HG, it between Moon Reflected in Every Rice Paddy and Boo. I like it better than both of those. It is neither foody or floral to my nose- just beautiful vanilla. I like it better than the oil because it has no lemony beginning and seems more powerful. This is extremely long lasting (even in dry California weather) with a good enough throw for compliments.

Vanilla, and a hint of linen. The decant sample I received was blue, which I found a little odd. Low throw and wear length.

I sampled the oil, which definitely was heavy on the vanilla. I was expecting the same for the hair gloss. It ended up smelling like lightly perfumed linens to me. It was not the creamy vanilla I was hoping for. Off to swaps.

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: Antique Lace is one of my top 5 BPAL scents ever, so of course I leaped at the chance of getting it in hair gloss form.

In the Bottle: Straight-up Antique Lace with all the lovely vanilla.

On Wet Hair: For me the vanilla intensifies and now I can understand it when one of my students asked if my perfume was based on some kind of cookies years ago when I was still wearing it regularly and not hoarding it.

Drydown: The floral notes pop up to join the vanilla.

Verdict: Works as well in my hair as it does on my skin. Should more ever be made I will jump for it and I will start looking at forum sales/swaps.

The hair gloss is pretty much identical to this years run of the perfume on me. Warm vanilla and linens. No dried florals as advertised, which would make it identical to previous years. It's still nice, though.

The new version of Antique Lace doesn't smell like the original. It has a bright, plasticy-clean, sweet vanilla that reminds me of Bath & Body Works' Warm Vanilla Sugar. It's not the same vanilla and the new version doesn't have the dried floral edge of the original. The hair gloss goes more baby powdery on me than the perfume oil, and dries down to what reminds me of vanilla flavored pudding mix, the dry mix and not actual pudding, and a sour, plasticy, musky edge. Fades quickly.

Edited by Little Bird

I had never tried Antique Lace, but I snatched this up immediately because I knew I would love it. It's a gorgeous warm vanilla with just a hint of linen. The hair gloss is more vanilla-forward than the re-released perfume, which I also bought. It is absolutely lovely, and the perfect scent to wear when I'm with my grandson. I will save the hair gloss and perfume for my babysitting days so they become "his" scent memory of Nana.

Apparently I never reviewed this? So I will try to kill some time at the office by reviewing some BPTP products I've neglected to review.

Antique Lace HG is a warm, floofy vanilla. It's not really a floral vanilla or a foodie one to my nose, and I don't really get the other notes from it, but that's also the case with the 2017 perfume oil. The most readily available non-BPAL vanilla perfume oil I could compare this to is Nocturne Alchemy's Moonstone.

This is really versatile and can be worn with almost anything, but aside from Antique Lace 2017, I mostly pair it with scents in the Lace family. I think it's wonderful, but among the vanilla hair glosses, Boo is still my favorite. :) 

Edited by doomsday_disco