Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
alligarcia

Ozone, Ozone, Ozone!

I just received an order and I got Macbeth and the Witches as a free imp, and I'm in love, can anyone give me recommendations of scents with the ozone note similar to that one, and also maybe some with the steel note in it too???

I love lurid for ozone. ozone and black currant. and i love metallics too! haven't found one from bpal that's a favorite yet.

I want MOAAAR Ozone...

But, is this wishful thinking on my part? I'm not sure I've even smell the ozone I'm jonesing for in my one ozoney scent - Lightning. I adore my Lightning, but it reminds me mostly of rain, which is great, but lacks actual lightning. But what I really want is that electricity slashing through ozone. A tangy burning. Maybe I can layer something on top of my lightning to get that added punch that I seek?

I want the smell of getting too close to one of those old CRT TVs. I want the sharp electricity of lightning cutting through in the air. I want to smell...electricity, I guess? Is it really electricity I'm looking for?

Every time I review ozoney scents, people keep mentioning dryer sheets, so I'm wary of trying ozone heavy scents. How would you describe the lab's ozone? Does any lab scent have a true ozone feel?

Any recs for the most electric/ozone scent - even if "ozone" or that feeling isn't the lab's intent?

Edited by Rayvyn86

Some folks claim to get ozone from Little Sister is Watching You (with cherry blossom) but I don't really notice it.

I think The Phoenix in Summer from '10 had ozone in it? I might be wrong.

Good Luck! :-)

I would go to the Lab's website...click on "Directory" on the top right, then you can scroll down under the list of notes... find ozone, click on that and it will pull up a lot of the Lab's oils with that note in it. I would then read up on reviews for them to see if any are close to what you are looking for! :)

Edited by Numanoid

Try getting your hands on a decant of Kataniya, The Clockwork Woman from the Carnaval. The notes are "gentle flowers over hot metal, shocked to life with electricity" and some of the reviews mention the "lightning" note you're looking for, if you don't mind flowers too much.

I want MOAAAR Ozone...

But, is this wishful thinking on my part? I'm not sure I've even smell the ozone I'm jonesing for in my one ozoney scent - Lightning. I adore my Lightning, but it reminds me mostly of rain, which is great, but lacks actual lightning. But what I really want is that electricity slashing through ozone. A tangy burning. Maybe I can layer something on top of my lightning to get that added punch that I seek?

I want the smell of getting too close to one of those old CRT TVs. I want the sharp electricity of lightning cutting through in the air. I want to smell...electricity, I guess? Is it really electricity I'm looking for?

Every time I review ozoney scents, people keep mentioning dryer sheets, so I'm wary of trying ozone heavy scents. How would you describe the lab's ozone? Does any lab scent have a true ozone feel?

Any recs for the most electric/ozone scent - even if "ozone" or that feeling isn't the lab's intent?

Thunder Moon, I think 09 or maybe 07. It has rain and petrichor but ozone too, if you can find a bottle that hasn't aged out. Fresh Lurid too, if you don't mind lavender and musk of the white variety.

I want MOAAAR Ozone...

I honestly don't find the lab's ozone note to smell like real ozone. That being said it's probably not possible to replicate the smell of electrically charged oxygen!😆 I view it as a conceptual scent like water, air etc.

I just received an order and I got Macbeth and the Witches as a free imp, and I'm in love, can anyone give me recommendations of scents with the ozone note similar to that one, and also maybe some with the steel note in it too???

WAIT!! Have you found a holy grail for me?? Ozone AND leather?? That sounds amazing! If I did my research correctly, this isn't a current scent, correct? It's a 2007 Salon, and that means it's going to be impossible to find, right? GAH! I shall start the hunt tonight!

Try getting your hands on a decant of Kataniya, The Clockwork Woman from the Carnaval. The notes are "gentle flowers over hot metal, shocked to life with electricity" and some of the reviews mention the "lightning" note you're looking for, if you don't mind flowers too much.

Aha! This one was on my shortlist as well, but I was turned off by the flowers as I don't typically enjoy florals. But, I'm getting so desperate for Ozone, I might just give it a try.

Some folks claim to get ozone from Little Sister is Watching You (with cherry blossom) but I don't really notice it.

I think The Phoenix in Summer from '10 had ozone in it? I might be wrong.

Good Luck! :-)

This was on a list of possibilities for me, but I had a hard time finding it - or any of the other Phoenixes for that matter. Oh, LE, how you kill me!

Edited by Rayvyn86

Thunder Moon, I think 09 or maybe 07. It has rain and petrichor but ozone too, if you can find a bottle that hasn't aged out. Fresh Lurid too, if you don't mind lavender and musk of the white variety.

You guys are the best and are validating my research! Thunder moon was also a Top 5 contender - but I couldn't find it anywhere!! Unfortunately I absolutely, 100% do not do lavender. :/

These are all LEs, alas, but I get some ozone in Moon of Ice (a Lunacy from 2008) via the ice note, Countess Dolingen of Gratz (my fave ozone blend), a 2009 Halloweenie, and The Country of Eternal Light, from the Frankenstein series in the Yule 2011 timeframe. :)

Mary Shelly is ozone with soft Victorian oriental perfume. Mostly ozone labdanum and pale faint white rose on me. Stormclouds on the Midway is smoky, sugary ozone with wormwood. Steel smells a lot like ozone to my nose and it doesn't go so "dryer sheet" as other ozone. Fighter is a bit like Macbeth and the Witches in that it has leather and steel (but also a little blood.)

Edited by patina

I didn't even know I liked ozone until I tried Stormclouds Over the Midway! It's soooo good. And Crack of Thunder HG also.