Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sickeningly effervescent: electric tuberose, neroli, and lily of the valley bubbling with glittering aldehydes.

This one is a surprise favourite for me. It smells... let's see if I can remember the exact phrase I used to describe it to my friend... This smells like a fake, fancy, expensive rhinestone bitch. Imagine you're shopping in some high end department store--Dillard's , maybe. Some Orange County housewife with a $500 hairstyle and the tackiest blinged out $5000 designer purse you've ever seen brushes past you, talking loudly on her rhinestone iPhone... That's the woman this smells like. Commercial, pretty, expensive, fake, full of itself, and yet, still really attractive. It's totally wearable, smells expensive, and is shockingly pleasant, yet difficult to put a finger on.

Lily, neroli, aldehydes and tuberose being a bitchy spoiler as always. Tuberose to me ends up smelling like a chemically, high pitched hair spray sort of note. Which is perfect considering beauty ir drag pageants probably see a ton of hair spray.

It then veers straight into gender neutral aftershave cologne, but after about an hour, dries down to a muted slightly masculine lily blend. And yes, it does smell rich. Medium throw and wear length.

This reminds me of when I used to work at the Chanel counter. It's reminiscent of Chance or was it Madmoiselie? It's been a while since I worked there. But, ANYWAYS.. it smells high end and I absolutely agree with mischiefofrats review on this. It's hoity toity. The hair toss, side eye, high heels and birken bag. BUT, there's also something blue jeans, white shirt, Parisian airy about it too. I'm not usually a fan of florals, but this smells so darn pretty on me. It's got a subtle aquatic feel to the "electric" tuberose note, which I can see as being interpreted as slightly masculine. Overall, On me it's decidedly feminine. The alydehydes in this blend scream "European vacation" or maybe that's just what I have on my mind lately. Nonetheless, a keeper as it's so different than any other BPAL blend I have and makes me want to drive a jaguar. Vroom Vroom.

This is probably the most mainstream oil that the Lab has put out, and I mean that in a good way. Lovely florals, musk, and citrus. Smells high end and like it should be on a fancy counter with mirrors and other pretty perfume bottles. Reminds me somewhat of Privilege, but I don't have any more to compare. Lovely, but not me.

Take the fair face of the Pageant Queen (AKA Buckhead Betty) and decorate her with flowers, diamonds, and a splash of glittering fougeres. That's right, this queen is all beautiful glitter, and rhinestones in the spotlight. Ethereal, iridescent and echoing some of the lab's most sparking scents, this queen is mysterious and smiling with innocent joy.This is totally taking a stroll through the Neiman Marcus perfume counter. Where's my crown?

Edited by Jenjin

Uh oh - this smells like cologne in the bottle to me. hoping it's not too masculine on me! I rarely care for really masculine scents.

Wet: For a second it's straight up aftershave, but then it warms and turns into the world's best commercial-but-better-perfume. Like Media, BFJA and Ava it has that "mass market" feel and appeal, but just so much better cuz it's BPAL. It's what commercial perfume WISHES it could be.

Dry: There's metal in this. I amp metal notes like crazy, so even though I imagine there is the tiniest bit in there, it's dominant on me. This smells identical to Torture Queen or any other scent with a hint of metal in it on me, because my skin turns it to single note. *cry*. So sad!!! This was GORGEOUS for a few mins, but now it's warm metal. I will age it a bit and try again, but I am very sad. I had high hopes for this!! :(

This is sooo good. I like mainstream perfume now that I can actually wear it. This is such a better version of it! It's like a high dollar, fancy pants perfume but one that I enjoy wearing, if that makes sense? I feel sophisticated, amazing, and like I can take on the world and grab it by the balls.

in the bottle this is very faint and cologne-esque. definitely not bursting with the beautiful florals i was expecting. but ok. so, on at first i can definitely smell the product type smell mentioned in some reviews. more aerosol than perfume really. not unpleasant per se, but basically nothing i would want to smell like. as it warms i get more of the cologne smell back. i would definitely call this a cologne over a perfume, and yet it still strikes me as slightly feminine. maybe on the feminine side of unisex. slightly powdery. i have to say the jury is slightly out here. i don’t dislike it, but as a huge fan of tuberose and lily of the valley it was a bit of a let down. one point in its favor is that, as meh as i’m feeling on it at the moment, the throw isn’t terribly strong. it’s definitely not a morpher. it seems to stay fairly consistent, amd extremely well blended if nothing else

Well, that’s an accurate description. Bubbles and ozone in the bottle. Goes on as ozone with neroli, but the neroli quickly disappears and it’s just hair spray. No tuberose (which I often love) or any other floral notes.

I just got this as a frottle (it’s been so long since I got one!!) & wow! I want to put this on a guy & smell him. Mostly because the aged quality lends an almost green fern or dark moss effect.Cologne undertone, but so nice under the aged florals, especially with the aldehydes calmer now, as calm as they get with ageing. 

This fits it’s theme remarkably well. Not for my skin chem though.

Edited by Diesis