Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Casablanca

Eostre of the Dawn

There was a woman sitting on the grass, under a tree, with a paper tablecloth spread in front of her, and a variety of Tupperware dishes on the cloth.

She was—not fat, no, far from fat: what she was, a word that Shadow had never had cause to use until now, was curvaceous. Her hair was so fair that it was white, the kind of platinum-blonde tresses that should have belonged to a long-dead movie starlet, her lips were painted crimson, and she looked to be somewhere between twenty-five and fifty.

As they reached her she was selecting from a plate of deviled eggs. She looked up as Wednesday approached her, put down the egg she had chosen, and wiped her hand. “Hello, you old fraud,” she said, but she smiled as she said it, and Wednesday bowed low, took her hand, and raised it to his lips.

He said, “You look divine.”

“How the hell else should I look?” she demanded, sweetly. “Anyway, you’re a liar. New Orleans was such a mistake—I put on, what, thirty pounds there? I swear. I knew I had to leave when I started to waddle. The tops of my thighs rub together when I walk now, can you believe that?” This last was addressed to Shadow. He had no idea what to say in reply, and felt a hot flush suffuse his face. The woman laughed delightedly. “He’s blushing! Wednesday, my sweet, you brought me a blusher. How perfectly wonderful of you. What’s he called?”

“This is Shadow,” said Wednesday. He seemed to be enjoying Shadow’s discomfort. “Shadow, say hello to Easter.”

Jasmine and honeysuckle, sweet milk and female skin.

What a pretty blend.

Freshly applied, jasmine is strongest on me, but it's as closely entwined with honeysuckle as flowering vines on a trellis. The jasmine smells heady at first, but not high-pitched. Honeysuckle and a creamy milkiness add a lovely fullness to the blend. I also get a subtle musk. Once this dries, I mostly get smooth honeysuckle milk.

This reminds me of this past year's Poor Monkey, which I loved, but with a little more throw (Poor Monkey had almost no throw on me once it dried). I wasn't expecting this and am so pleased by it. The milk is combining with the honeysuckle in a way that brings the ylang ylang milk of Monkey to mind. This sort of thing loves my skin.

In the imp: sweet jasmine (not very heady to me) and honeysuckle with creamy milk underneath. There is also something bright and almost sparkling to me, like crisp white tea or something.

Wet: Similar to in the imp, but with a light sweet musk. Overall pretty sweet.

Dry: creamy base with light musk, smell a sweet and almost a little clean. Reminds me of a less sweet Neutral or sweeter white musk. The jasmine and honeysuckle are very soft. An utterly feminine, springtime perfection scent.

Ooooh very pretty! Creamy, milky, sweet, flowery and ultra feminine- this is exactly how Easter would smell! It's ladylike with a serious flower child streak. It reminds me a bit of Vasilissa and Venus Verticordia, and after some wear reminds me a lot of Alkmaar/Silky Underwear/Fairy Jasmine from Lush. I've been wishing fervently for an Easter scent for years and I'm not disappointed. Love it!

Jasmine and honeysuckle tap dancing in my nose. Delightful and heady and two of my favorite flower scents of all time.

Soon a milk note appears. Yuck. Get away from my flowers. Go bother some cookies.

Later... horrid milk is gone. Left behind is a softer version of my beloved dynamic floral duo. I really like it. Definitely a ladylike dab just a little bit kind of scent and not a drown yourself in it scent. That way, I will get 'hey honey, we're Jasmine and Honeysuckle. Nice to meet you' instead of 'YO! JASMINE AND HONEYSUCKLE HERE LIVING LARGE. WHAT? QUIET DOWN, MY ASS.'

A really lovely blend.

Starts off as a gorgeous jasmine with a hint of honeysuckle and a touch of cream. The cream doesn't go sour on me like it sometimes does - but gets creamier as it dries. And the honeysuckle gets sweeter and a little more assertive.

I love jasmine but I already have a lot of BPAL jasmine blends, so my first reaction was, while this is nice, I probably don't need more, but now ... I'm not so sure. I think I might need more!

Perhaps it is the first flush of infatuation, but I think that this might be the perfect jasmine scent! In fact it is pretty much what I wanted La Prostitution et la Folie Dominent le Monde to be like - but that one was too gourmand with the vanilla frosting note. Hmm... will have to retest. I really do have so much jasmine already....

Wet: Strong jasmine and honeysuckle. The milk is definitely there, adding an odd creaminess, and that is definitely the skin musk note I know and love from so many of the lab's sexy luper scents.

Dry: An exceedingly feminine floral, with the jasmine lending a sharpness to the honeysuckle. Perhaps not for me, but very well-blended.

Honeysuckle, soft jasmine, touch of musk and milk. This is a very bright feminine floral. For those of you that love honeysuckle, I'd definitely try this one out. It smells spring-like.

Jasmine dominates, but honeysuckle and creaminess round the blend out. Headily feminine. About thirty minutes after application, a sour milk note peeks through, but it settles back down to sweet cream about another fifteen minutes. An hour after application, Eostre is a soft cream with a hint of floral. There is no trace of the initial brazen jasmine.

I loved the wet and drydown stages on my skin, but dry Eostre would make a perfectly inoffensive, feminine office scent. I wish she had stayed a little more "Hello, Miss Jasmine and Honeysuckle." Her final phase reminds me a lot of Nonae Caprotina, but with a soft floral instead of fig and myrrh.

I was hoping for more milk and honeysuckle, but Eostre of the Dawn is a slightly soapy jasmine with green, herbal undertones. Not really milky or gourmand at all on me. Like a pretty bar of soap scented with jasmine and green herbs.

right off i think i get sweet milk and honeysuckle. it stays pretty much like this, though i can sense a bit more jasmine as time goes on. there's a cleanness that i suppose is the essence of the female skin. it's very pretty, kind of soapy but a fancy european soap, so it's all good. it's delicate and perfect for spring and summer.

"Many a scrubland have I wandered and came across a honeysuckle vine and under it alone I sat and cried, tears of honey and wine." Jitterbug Perfume, Tom Robbins

Sweet and whimsical, vulnerable, yet playful I can almost hear the Goddess laugh. Fresh and clean, imagine a crisp, white-eyelet ruffle petticoat, drop-and-roll down the green grassy meadow. This is such a sugary pleasure to my nose. It opens wild and absolutely amazing, sweet, but still somehow creamy which delights me very much. Here the jasmine is not "heady" or "too much". It is divinely well blended and never overpowers the composition. I find this to be extremely feminine yet youthful, romantic, cheerful and inviting. Perfect for a humid, summer night filled with drinking, dancing and a bunny romp or two.

Edited by Jenjin

This, to me, leaned much more toward ylang ylang than jasmine... maybe because of the milkiness?

Either way, still lovely. Just not so much on me.

(haven't quite given up on her yet, though)

There aren't a lot of fragrant floral blends that I like, but this one is stunning. On my skin, it's predominantly honeysuckle ground by skin and a touch of cream. I think the skin really make this blend, though I admit to loving BPAL's "skin" note.

I've been reaching for this often this spring and summer. It's fabulous.

I'm a sucker for Jasmine and the 'smell of Easter' in general + goddesses, but this one is not my favorite Jasmine blend ever. And I wish it was because that would have been so poetic. Peitho and Love Me still top for Jasmines. That being said, this is still a beautiful Jasmine. The main difference here that takes a little of my love from it is the very green note under the Jasmine. I can't appreciate it as much because it's almost too sour-green for me. Still, I'm not giving up on my beautiful Ostara goddess, so I'm going to age for a few months and see if it mellows.

Where I'd wear this: A pagan festival at Ostara

In the imp: Creamy jasmine, with the addition of a fresh, floral-green note that both emphasizes and uplifts the jasmine. Most of my jasmine scents are slinky, languid, boudoir-on-a-hot-summer-night kind of scents, but this is much more of a springtime scent.

Wet: This is a capital-W Woman's scent. Curvaceous, yeah, but the word "voluptuous" also springs to mind. Fresh springtime jasmine, in the early morning with the dew still on it, is still the most prominent note, but the honeysuckle is also becoming more notable as itself. From afar, I get a creamier jasmine and less honeysuckle. Right now, it's light, uplifting, and absolutely lovely, but not frivolous, if you know what I mean. So many of my floral scents feel giggly and carefree, and while this one does make me smile, I could absolutely believe that this is the scent of a goddess. A kind goddess, and not an asshole like a lot of the others in AG, but a being of immense power and strength nonetheless.

Dry: This reminds me of the drydown of Cave of Treasures, another fresh, creamy floral. The creamy note comes to dominate over time, and the florals lose that fresh, green element. Instead they become softer and more languid - while I can't say I don't miss the outdoorsy, spring-like feeling, I'm also liking what it's growing into.

In the bottle: Lots of honeysuckle and jasmine!

Wet on my skin: Oh, this is niiiice. Realistic, greenery-tinged honeysuckle and jasmine. Definitely a green edge to it.

Dry: This is a scent for sitting in a pretty white gazebo in a pretty green garden, with honeysuckle and jasmine growing up the lattice/columns around the gazebo and a lush, green, dewy lawn wherever there aren't flowers and trees. It's a scent for the pretty ladies who are drinking tea and having a merry time as they wear their flower-adorned hats and lace-trimmed Easter clothes as the children run around finding brightly-coloured eggs hidden amongst the pastel garden. These aren't innocent young maidens, though--they're curvy moms who are probably waiting for the kids to tire themselves out so they can break out a few bottles of wine and let their hair down, so to speak.

Springlike, fresh, clean, womanly. The ripe honeysuckle and jasmine get smoothed over by a gentle skin musk and a hint of fresh, sweet milk, and the overall effect is that of a youthful yet mature, womanly, slightly sexy-naughty perfume. I really enjoy this, especially for it being a floral-forward blend.

Edited by DiesMali

Jasmine smells like either cat pee, or feces on me. Like, pretty much always. It can be a footnote in a scent (like, "a hint of jasmine") and it will take over and rain cat pee and fecal matter all over everything else. So what happens next is kind of a miracle.

Wet: Gorgeous creamy honeysuckle. Very sweet. Hints of skin musk. (Notice what I didn't mention?). This is sweet and creamy and LOVELY. I actually have Wild Honeysuckle SN on the other arm, as I am testing it too, and the floral note is pretty similar. If you didn't tell me, I would not know there was *whispers* Jasmine in this. Miraculous. Now, I have been on vacation for the past three weeks, and have had some seriously crappy family stuff going on, and I have been eating my feelings. Like, a lot. So my skin chemistry may be all screwy compared to normal. But as of right now this is bottle worthy. What is happening???

Dry: I am flabbergasted. I can smell a tiny hint of the jasmine...and I like it. It's primarily still sweet juicy honeysuckle, and sugared milk (you know like the milk that's left in the bottom of your bowl after you indulge in some sort of really sugary cereal? That smell), but I do get hints of the jasmine, and it's still utterly gorgeous to me. This is a sensual scent, stunningly beautiful. I will test again once I get back to eating like a normal person in case this is some "I've eaten junk for weeks" skin chemistry fluke, but I foresee a bottle in my future. :eek:

In the decant: The honeysuckle stands out to me the most, followed by the jasmine and milk notes.

Wet: The honeysuckle note is the first note to jump out at me, and I'm hoping that it remains as the dominant note, as I adore honeysuckle! This reminds me of the honeysuckle from BPTP's Nice Glop from the 2013 Naughty or Nice Inquisition. Then, the jasmine note asserts itself, and the sweet milk emerges. The jasmine hasn't overtaken the honeysuckle yet, but it is pretty strong. That said, it isn't a dirty jasmine note.

Dry: The honeysuckle is, fortunately, still a main player! But it's not as strong as it was before. I do get more jasmine, sweet milk, and skin musk during this phase, so now the scent is a creamy floral.

Verdict: I really like this, and I'm so glad that the jasmine in this is one that cooperates with me! I think I'll give it a full day test to see if I need to upgrade to a bottle. I could see myself reaching for this in the spring and summer and pairing it with the Post's Nectar hair gloss. :D

I didn't review Eostre of the Dawn before swapping away my decant recently, but I did retest it and update my notes. Eostre is pretty -- really, really pretty -- and when I first received my decant from a circle late last summer, I toyed with the idea of buying a bottle. I get creamy sweet skin musk and pale florals, and while honeysuckle is almost always good on me, jasmine is the three faces of Eve. Here she's a kind and compliant Eve, and this scent is a radiant springtime day. If jasmine is iffy on you but the rest of the notes sound like heaven, it really is worthwhile taking a chance on this blend. On me, the jasmine linked arms with the honeysuckle and did not misbehave at all.

As beautiful as Eostre is, I don't really wear these lovely spring florals. Maybe because I live in Seattle, and our seasons were described in yesterday's newspaper as "Summer, Autumn, Winter and Disappointment." But if you're dreaming of spring, Eostre will transport you right there.

In the decant, the jasmine was really strong, it's floral and green. Unfortunately, the second it touches my skin is smells of laundry detergent and while with time the strength of it settles, the scent doesn't change at all.

In the bottle, a honeysuckle jasmine blend, sweet, and fresh. On the skin it is *very similar* to the strong, sweet, creamy jasmine vibe of The Poinsettia Gown from this past Yule. If you were to swap out the rose for honeysuckle, you would have Eostre.

I like them both a lot, there is an almost metallic note that really lifts these two to the next level. Fair warning, they are STRONG and somewhat cloying (Gracious those florals), so a little dab would do you. They both are reminiscent of a high end cold cream, but I wouldn't say they are too powdery really. The cream notes never go sour thankfully like many do. It is more sweet. Just apply very lightly.

I was hoping to get a better idea for what Every Day You Play With The Light of The Universe would be like, and wasn't disappointed. I like The Strange South's River Song for a sweet honeysuckle the best, but this is still lovely and I'm sure Light of The Universe will be, too. 😃

I usually have a hard time with jasmine, but I don't really notice it here, other than it must be giving extra oomph to the honeysuckle. And this is a *gorgeous* honeysuckle, heady with the jasmine, creamy with the milk. This has a lot of throw, so I have to apply sparingly, but overall it's one of the best honeysuckle scents I've tried. A bottle may be in my future if I use up my decant. 

In the decant: Mostly honeysuckle, tempered by a light skin musk.

On my skin:

Wet, the throw is all skin musk -- but light and sheer -- while the skin scent is still dominated by honeysuckle. As it dries, the skin musk becomes by far the dominant scent, though it's tinged with both florals and milk.

This is exceptionally pretty and sexy on me. I kind of want to get a bottle of it immediately. Given how temperamental milk can be on me, I should definitely wait and retest. But the spectacularity of this scent is tempting.

Similar to New Orleans with the jasmine and honeysuckle, but less sharp/spicy, thanks to the sweet milk note and the subtle warm musk. I love cream florals and this is a lovely, feminine scent. I have a lot of jasmine blends so I don’t need a bottle, but I’ll enjoy the decant.