Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Apricot-tinted lilies, heady white climbing roses, sweet pea, and red carnation.

Waiting for the Century Guild book along with the perfume was a challenge. I admit to stalking the kickstarter page, anxious for an update. Finally, my box appeared!!!! I've NEVER waited this long for BPAL :thud:

The book alone was worth the wait. The color plates inside take my breath away with their beauty. Page after page of luscious, Art Nouveau masterpieces printed on glossy, thick pages. It's a feast for the eyes, and having a perfume to accompany it, makes my heart sing.

Not your average, fruity floral, it is a sophisticated fresh fragrance and an absolute must for floral lovers.
So innocent and sexy at the same time. As the top notes settle,
the indulgent floral bouquet transforms into a unique floral potion. Sweet, clean, airy and uplifting, the apricot keeps the sweet pea and other flowers from becoming to sweet or cloying. The fruity aspect is almost like a honey fragrance or nectar facet, which creates a rich and indulgent blend. I've tried countless apricot blends, and they have never worked until this one. Perhaps it's the way the spicy lily and carnation create a perfect balance. A stroll through a wild, bewitching flower garden with rose colored glasses and butterfly wings. Edited by Jenjin

Juicy apricot, lilies, sweat pea, with the spicy carnation as a base. This one is an opulent, and what I'd consider more along the lines of a traditional perfume, but very heady and very Art Nouveau actually. There's something both joyful and blooming, and curvy about this blend. It's just gorgeous. Great throw and wear length.

I was pretty excited about this one but I should have known better - lilies and roses rarely work together well on me. It starts out bright & fruity with the apricot, then the lilies & roses surge forward with a blast of strong, slightly high-pitched floral, the sweet pea makes itself known & the scent starts veering off in a heady tropical direction (I thought there was tuberose or something like that in it) with some spicy carnation anchoring it all.

An interesting journey but not for me.

Wet: "that's so 'wow'" is all I'm thinking. Work, brain! It's sophisticated florals, with a juicy, watery edge (but not aquatic) that actually kind of makes my mouth water. It's not foody at all. The apricot is not a note but a hint. And if it was a note, it would be sour/sweet apricot juice, just a dribble. The florals don't lend themselves to a particular season. This feels like it would work well in all seasons, perhaps particularly in between spring and summer.

It's bright, sparkling, and colorful.

Dry: the florals took a backseat to this almost dry spiciness, like ginger root a day after grinding it. That must be the carnation, but it's different from all other incarnations of BPAL carnation (see what I did?) that I've ever tried. It's not obvious or in-your-face. And if carnation goes powdery on you, don't expect this one to.