Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Deliciousness

Delight in Disorder

A sweet disorder in the dress: crimson musk and wild cherry.

In the bottle: Red musk - oh yeah! It's surprisingly not too sweet - almost more of a dry feeling to this red musk.

Wet on skin: Red musk with a background of a lighter patch? Still not very sweet, or cherry smelling either.

Dry down: A dry, "grown up" red musk. This isn't juicy or fruity at all. In fact, my bottle of Smut (2017) smells fruitier and sweeter than this one.

All in all, it's a nice scent for those who like red musk. I don't know if it's just my skin chemistry on this one - but there isn't a cherry in sight so far.

Delight in Disorder is straight-up red musk and cherry on me, and it makes me happy. :) Definitely in the same family as Smut, but less musky, more cherry! If you're a red musk fan, I'd say the musk wins here...the cherry is prominent, but not cloying (at least on my skin). Fun!

Strong, medicinal cherry syrup and musk just after application. I'm also getting a dry, almost plastic whiff along with it. It's very strong up front with lots of musk but also something weird and earthy. After maybe 10 minutes the medicinal note moves to the front and any red cherry fades. What's going on here? I'm not sure if it's my chemistry or the oil, but the cherry and red musk COMPLETELY disappears on me and i'm left with the medicinal, dark almost petrol musk that isn't listed in the notes unless it's the dress in DISORDER.
It does finally settle into a soft, red musk at the end but the note that I'm not liking is still in the background making this unwearable for me.

Edited by Jenjin

Dirty, sweet, musky red musk. I feel sexy and need a backup bottle. Yum!! <3 If you're a red musk fan, this is a must have!

Fruity red musk. It's not overly sweet or fruity though, which is perfect for me. The cherry is strongly medicinal in the decant, but on the skin it just blends nicely with the musk.

Cherry red musk. Yup. If you like either of them, take this out for a spin. Good throw and wear length.

This reminds me of Kabuki without the complexity (please show the GC some love, if you missed it), and is kind of Smutty without all the sweetness. I love the crimson musk on the drydown-nice and skanky and kind of dusty.

In bottle and wet on skin: It almost smells like snake oil in the bottle, I think the musk might be similar to the musk in snake oil. I think it's the medicinal smell of snake oil that's reminds me of this,

Dry down: I smell a bit of the berry. But to me it is not as cherry its more red berry like and a bit of cherry. Its nothing like the cherry note in Yipe!, if you were worried about that. This is not a medicinal cherry at all like it is in the bottle.

Dry: All snake oil like smell has gone away. The red musk is coming more and more. Pretty much completely red musk now, with no cherry left. Maybe a teeny tiny bit of cherry, but only if you put your wrist next to your nose. I do think that whatever is left of the cherry is letting the red musk keep a bit of sweetness to it.

Medium throw and medium lasting time. The initial cherry stage is very short.

This is... Smut? I wonder if I got a mislabeled Smut, because there is *no* fruitiness here. I was super excited for the cherry, but there's none to be found.

Don't get me wrong, I love Smut as much as the next person, but the addition of fruit sounded even more devilishly delightful. Ah, well. I'm keeping it, but I'll be layering it with Incubus/Succubus for the fruit (try it out; it's yummy!).

Wet: At first I am getting the cherry cough syrup effect. Then the red musk comes through strongly. I find it a bit bitter in this. So far this is not a winning combo on me, it's lacking the sweetness I like with my red musk.

Dry: This actually dries down to a really lovely fruity red musk. It sweetens up as it's warmed by my skin. I would wear it. However, I have a ton of red musk, and since I can't wear it to work, I don't think I'll need a bottle of this. I need to stop hoarding red musk that I can't wear hardly ever.

Delightful and Dirty Indeed! This is exactly as advertised. It starts off as a strong blast of cherry and settles into a beautiful fruity red musk. The red musk is delicious and sexy. The cherry is just right - not too strong, but still present. Simple, sexy but not overly brash about it, and like most red musk scents, it lasts forever on me.

In short, if you are a red musk lover, you will love this. I'm tempted to hunt down a bottle but it smells so much like Kabuki (minus the anise) that I think I need to do a death-match first. Since I'm an anise-lover anyway, I think I might be satisfied with my bottle of Kabuki and just a decant of this beauty - at least until it comes around another Luper!

I was hoping for cherry with a hint of red musk to make it a more mature scent, but got red musk with the barest hint of cherry instead. I, too, think Smut was actually fruitier on me than this is. It's a dark and slightly dry and dirty red musk with nary a cherry in sight.

Mmm, I do love this. I always worry that cherry notes are going to go cough syrup or Coke Cherry on me, but the musk in here is perfect. This smells self-assured, womanly, and a fair bit slutty in the best way. A star of this year's Lupers.

Where I'd wear this: To Vegas, at night

This is just beautiful. In the imp i get a strong grape flavor, like a sweet imitation grape. On wet the sense of fakeness kind of dissipates. The musk becomes more noticeable. The cherry is not the maraschino, almond type. It's more like a cherry liquor, like a boozy quality.

As it dries it blends somewhat but stays sweet and winey. Pretty strong throw.

Delight in Disorder looks, and in the imp even smells a bit, like cherry cola. The cherry recedes in drydown and I get a long-lasting and lovely red musk. Sexy and good staying power. I like red musk, but I was hoping for more cherry. I will use up the imp, but I don't think I need to seek out a bottle of this one.