Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Twilight

An enigmatic, otherworldly scent, brimming with power and mystery. Lavender and jasmine, with a touch of glowing honeysuckle.

This one is pretty much as advertised. I feel like this is kind of like one of those optical illusions where you can see two things, but not at the same time. If I try to get the lavender I can pick it out, if I try for jasmine I get jasmine. Whatever I'm not trying to pick out just politely goes to the back and supports it. Overall I think it's going to be a great spring scent.

Ahh there we have our good old buddy jasmine again. I think my skin just amps that like crazy. The honeysuckle and lavender are lovely though, same lavender on me as in TKO. My skin ate this in seconds!! 😨

In the imp: Lavender and floral sweetness. 

On my skin:

Wet, the lavender is still predominant, followed by the generic floral sweetness I presume will assert itself as jasmine. 

As it dries, the jasmine does make itself known with an almost glowing halo around the lavender. As in, if I smell the scent directly, lavender is still the main note. But if I'm going about my business and just happen to smell Twilight, it's the jasmine that gets to my nose most. 

Given time to develop, the jasmine grows stronger and stronger... and stronger. 

Ope. All jasmine, all the time.

The tiniest ghost of lavender remains. 

In the imp it smells almost exactly like True Love, but as soon as it hit my skin it flipped to strong, sneezy honeysuckle and sharp jasmine. Dang it.

Generic floral soap scent.

Super duper floral! I don't get lavender; I get a fresh hyacinthy/honeysuckle smell, and something like freshly cut stems alongside the flowers themselves. This doesn't morph much, it stays heavy and has a pretty big throw.

Pretty, drowsy flowers.  I agree with the above observation that it seems to include wet cut stems.  Twilight isn't groundbreaking or complex; it's just a pretty, harmonic, dewy floral.  The honeysuckle lightly sweetens it up post-drydown.

I personally prefer Twilight over some of the other nighttime floral type scents such as Nyx, Darkness, and Fleurs du Mal.  I'd put it on par with Queen of Hearts, which I also enjoy.

Very floral, light yet sharp. I'm not a fan of lavender when it's the star, but it's nicer when it's an herbal afterthought like it is here. The honeysuckle and jasmine are almost sweet. This is nice but it isn't for me. I will be passing along this lab fresh frimp!