Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Numanoid

Dark Chocolate, Golden Amber, Sandalwood, and Nutmeg Hair Gloss

[No additional description given.]

Sniffing this in the bottle.... to me, this is a close relative to El Dia Los Reyes, just less spicy. I am just testing this on my arm, but the chocolate is light and the other notes are blended perfectly with it. I thought this would be stronger, but it might be once it is in my hair... which I will edit upon testing it rightly.

The amber is soft, but present... glad it isn't too crazy heavy, since amber does that to me. The nutmeg adds a perfect little amount of spice. Not sure I am getting the sandalwood. This is lovely. :)

Edit to add, that yes... this is surprisingly light. I get all the notes. I prefer to have my HG's to have more oomph to them. but this is a lovely light chocolate, amber, sandalwood....but yes, very light throw. Perfect for having to work in close proximity to others that might get easily olfactory offended. :)

Edited by Numanoid

First sniff- Oh my! Definitely a relative to Velvet, deep cocoa and sandlewood with a nutty undertone (must be the nutmeg). This is delicious.

In my hair, mostly sandlewood with the cocoa receding a touch and the nutmeg coming forward. It's a soft 'brown' sexy scent. The amber may be contributing to the warmth, but I don't detect it outright.

This will layer fabulously with Velvet, like being enveloped in a fuzzy soft blanket. Bottle.

Nummy woody chocolate hair gloss! It's weird that the nutmeg smells nutty instead of spicy, to me, but I like it. I find it warm and comforting, like a mug of cocoa.

Like a very nutty dark chocolate fudge brownie, sort of buttery and not very sweet. The sandalwood + nutmeg combination doesn't smell spicy but more woody/nutty. It's a very dark, dark brown scent, not aggressive but definitely long-lasting.

If you ever said to yourself, " I want my hair to smell like Reeses' Peanut Butter Cups," this would be your gloss.

I wish that I had purchased more of this. Then again, maybe it's better that I did not because now I really am craving those peanut butter cups candy.

Okay, to be clear, this does not smell exactly like peanut butter or Nutella. But I agree with the reviewers who are interpreting the nutmeg note as nutty in juxtaposition with the chocolate. This is similar to Gula bath oil but in hair gloss form. I can't differentiate the sandalwood but I believe it's adding a wooden base to the composition.

Definitely my favorite chocolate hair gloss thus far. I must forever seek etsy and sales to find moar.

Got an Ajevie sample and then had to get a bottle on first sniff.

It starts as a very rich chocolate (I sprayed it discreetly in my hair during a road trip and everyone in the car piped up suspiciously, "Who is eating chocolate??"). At this point, I get a similar vibe I get from Wulric even though the notes are wildly different...it is that cozy animal fur vibe. This does not stay long. The chocolate receeds into the background and I am enjoying my favorite note-sandalwood- that is lightly spiced. The amber is light. Fairly good longivity.

Delicious! This is pretty much what would happen if you blended a bottle of Velvet, and Bliss together, and turned it into a hair gloss. It has the woods and amber vibe that Velvet does, but with a huge splash of the sweet, rich, decadent yumminess of Bliss added in. This is hands down my favorite chocolate hair gloss put out by the Post to date, and this will layer beautiful with all of my favorite chocolate perfumes.

El Dia de Reyes is that you? This smells like dark chocolate, woods, and a touch of nutmeg. Chewy, dark chocolate. Good throw and wear length.